It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Forward" Osmosis water purification systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thought this might be cool for everyone. Dont know how many people have seen this but my old instructor was big into this system last time I talked to him. Says he has never seen a system which could pull fresh water from dirt.
Its designed to work like tree roots and pulls water one molecule at a time through its membrane.
Got to use this on two seperate occasions and it was amazing. It is a LIMTED resource but it ABSOLUTLY can get water where all else fails; including out of a porta potty.....yea watched the Rep. do it for a demo.
IMO it is a must for a serious BOB.

www.htiwater.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
A friend of mine had a little hand crank reverse osmosis filtering system that he was using as a sales tool for a company he had hired out to as a sales rep back in the mid 1970s... The water that came out of it after going through the membrane would boil much sooner and required a fraction of the amount of detergent to wash clothes with.... It was very impressive and also very much more costly than what anyone wanted to spend for it at the time... I was considering getting one for my hot tub in the late 1980s but the price was still too much even though it would have cut down on energy needed to heat the tub, the need for chemicals and frequency of replacing the water.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CSBowie

You've just advertised a website that could be your own.

Can you at least point it to the page where this product or news item is located, because I cannot find it just by looking through that sites product shop or news list.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Wish it was mine I would be spending my surplus of case right now LOL

www.htiwater.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yeah its interesting but when it comes to water I want to drink water if it works without a syrup pack and affordable maybe.

join