It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universe evidence compounding at an alarming rate!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXSvenXx

Originally posted by truthseeker84
Didn't have time to go through several pages since Page 6, the moment I started seeing Occam's Razor come into play, I stopped, I just had to stop.

So the moment anyone starts asking questions or challenges your beliefs....You put up mental walls and start screaming"LALALALALALA"?
What's this? Now you're reducing yourself to shouting "I know you are, but what am I?" For shame.

No one is accusing anyone of lying all i and a few others are doing is asking people to look at the simple explanations first and if they dont fit then maybe consider the fringe ideas.
Stop right there. Who decides how 'fringe' is defined? You don't even know what you are doing. You are protecting your own cultural myth. Just because you don't invoke superbeings from space or the "spiritual realm" does not mean you aren't indulging myth. We all have to make the most sense of our experience with the information available. The billiard-ball-atom model was made obsolete in my life at age 5, when I had an NDE. You will be able to make better progress if you spend more time being honest and open, and less time being afraid of being wrong. Because I guarantee you, everyone is wrong to a greater or lesser degree. Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins... Everyone. So why sweat it? Just adapt your model to the new information that comes your way that better and more simply explains your experience. Don't believe anything that doesn't have any bearing on your experience, but BE AWARE of how your culture influences how you interpret your experience. If you're not doing that, you are a boat anchor to the human race. And for Krishna's sake, stop trying to be omniscient!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
Your reply to me was very rude, and typical of someone who's mind is made up.
I apologize for any rudeness on my part. I think it was the fact that you dared recommend seeking treatment for some simple observations of happenings in my life.

You don't want input you want agreement.
If you read more carefully you would see me thanking people for asking hard questions. I guess you couldn't be bothered to read carefully, yet were concerned enough to recommend treatment by a doctor. Interesting juxtaposition of motives.

I made zero judgements about you,
that you are aware of

and only offered an alternative which for some reason you deem unacceptable to consider.
I'm sure you told yourself that. You are the 'nice' kind. You encouraged me to appeal to authority for a solution to a question about my personal experiences. The authority of a degreed professional mind-mucker. You can't know how offensive that sort of thing is to me. I don't have any respect for psychotherapy since it utterly failed me back in the 80s. It was helpful in one way: it drove the point home that I am the one to whom I have to answer, and I am the only one who can provide my answers. I have most of the big ones covered now. I find this phenomenon of alternate timelines or whatever to be intriguing; not frightening. Yes my title was a wee sensationalist. But as you can see from the responses, I am far from being alone in my experience.

You have the attention you were seeking. Admit it, you want to thrill us with the idea that you are experiencing alternate realities.
Projection? from a professional? Hmm hard to believe

Millions do this around the world via drugs. Schizophrenia is not mpd or dissociative disorder. They can have it, but they are not mutually inclusive.
Conceded. The details of mental illness don't really interest me enough to learn about them, even though my brother is schizophrenic.

I think most people have thought someone famous was dead only to find out they are not. I thought Hagman had died some years ago, but he hadn't.
Why did you think he had?

How many tabloids reports junk which someone gets into our heads. Hell, you could be a victim of silent weapons that talk to you and put ideas in your head, they are real, just look them up.
I firmly question any voice that comes to me unbidden. It's a discipline. As a result, I hardly ever hear them. Anyone who is willing to go along with a potentially harmful thought that pops unbidden into their head is asking for some schooling, and will get it.

I think people jump to the paranormal way to fast when in truth it's way more simple, and mundane.
I don't even believe in the paranormal, save it. I think there's a lot more going on than any of us is capable of imagining, and that it is all a part of a continuum of which humanity is a tiny slice. Get over yourself, supermonkey. You and your species (of which I am a member biologically, but I have uncultured myself) are not the end-all, be-all that your culture has programmed you to believe you are.

It might seem fantastic, but it's still mundane no matter how exotic and other worldly you apparently want the answers to be.
Otherworldly? There's only one world, and a whole lot of obfuscation to make us think we see it all. The main difference between us, as I see it, is that I have a healthy respect for things I don't understand. I don't throw them in the koo-koo bin.

I also go to the spiritual side, and it is quite possible you are being messed with spiritually and that can certainly cause one to believe in alternative realities when in truth is a different spiritual experience.
I've been all the way to the bottom of that rabbit hole, and I found that when you don't have an objective means to discover objective truth, that means your experience is completely subjective, and is meant to be that way.

Again, I wish you well, and no need to reply because it's obvious my opinion and experience mean nothing to you. I just don't appreciate being talked down to. I wrote from my heart out of concern for you.

Good luck
edit on 26-3-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)
I appreciate your concern, only I question if you understand the motivation for it.
edit on 26-3-2013 by seamus because: grammatical error

edit on 26-3-2013 by seamus because: fix block quotes

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
In my post on page three of this thread, I suggested a possible explanation for the phenomena you have reported—one that suggests your father may be seriously ill. The post was courteous. I was trying to help because I fear a genuine medical problem.

You have not bothered to reply my post, nor even considered the possibility I suggested. May I ask why?

edit on 26/3/13 by Astyanax because: it was tense.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seamus
And for Krishna's sake, stop trying to be omniscient!

I had to look that up as i didnt know what it meant.

adjective 1. having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things. noun 2. an omniscient being. 3. the Omniscient, God.

Well i don't think either of us is "Omniscient" or ever could be given the limitations of brain matter.

But anyway you haven't answered any hard questions at all the questions you have answered are the ones that go along with your theory.
All the other question you have completely ignored or attacked.

So in my opinion you are bat # crazy and need help.

Anyway im out iv had enough of not having any of my questions answered and being called a billiard ball.

edit on 26-3-2013 by xXSvenXx because: spelling

edit on 26-3-2013 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
In my post on page three of this thread, I suggested a possible explanation for the phenomena you have reported—one that suggests your father may be seriously ill. The post was courteous. I was trying to help because I fear a genuine medical problem.

You have not bothered to reply my post, nor even considered the possibility I suggested. May I ask why?

edit on 26/3/13 by Astyanax because: it was tense.
Because aside from that incident there's never been any issues with us remembering things differently. And, his short term memory problem is something his doctor told him was to be expected at his age.

Bah... seriously ill! The nerve! And from someone who got their userid from an awful, quarter-guzzling video game from the 80s!
edit on 27-3-2013 by seamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXSvenXx

And for Krishna's sake, stop trying to be omniscient!

I had to look that up as i didnt know what it meant.

adjective 1. having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things. noun 2. an omniscient being. 3. the Omniscient, God.

Well i don't think either of us is "Omniscient" or ever could be given the limitations of brain matter.

But anyway you haven't answered any hard questions at all the questions you have answered are the ones that go along with your theory.
All the other question you have completely ignored or attacked.

So in my opinion you are bat # crazy and need help.
I have ignored ignorant questions, and attacked attacking questions. What's so hard to understand about that?

Anyway im out iv had enough of not having any of my questions answered and being called a billiard ball.

edit on 26-3-2013 by xXSvenXx because: spelling

edit on 26-3-2013 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)
Thanks for leaving. I don't remember anyone inviting Cartesian doubt into this discussion. And, it's not you who is a billiard ball. You are a concrete-bound materialist. You have displayed an attitude that tells me you believe in separation as a reality. Hence, billiard-ball-atoms. Hence, what I call the billiard-ball people. You are welcome to that, but you aren't going to make any converts here, babbling about your misinterpretation of Occam's Razor.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Because aside from that incident there's never been any issues with us remembering things differently.

How does this exempt you from having the good manners to respond to a concerned inquiry?

Bah... seriously ill! The nerve!

Is it insulting to suggest that a relative of yours might be ill? Why?

And from someone who got their userid from an awful, quarter-guzzling video game from the 80s!

My user name is from a poem you have obviously never read:

With her came the nurse,
holding at her breast their happy infant child,
well-loved son of Hector, like a beautiful star.
Hector had named him Scamandrius, but others
called him Astyanax, lord of the city,
because Hector was Troy’s only guardian.

If arcade games are your only exposure to the riches of culture, it's no wonder you mistake mnemonic hallucinations and Twilight Zone fantasies for real life.

edit on 27/3/13 by Astyanax because: I don't really pity the OP.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Seamus, interesting topic. I can't recall specifics at the moment, but I have had similar instances where I could have sworn someone famous was dead and that they're still alive. I remember thinking at the time....this is weird. Don't know how parallel universes would fit in here, but as I said, it's an interesting topic.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is nothing more than your mind filling in gaps. The human brain has a remarkable tendency to do that as it appears to dislike incomplete scenarios/memories. You "misremembered" these things. It is nothing uncommon, though you might do this a little more than the average person. It certainly IS NOT evidence of a "compounding? parallel universe."

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I have had this happen in a smaller way: I vividly remember receiving an item in the mail, and by vividly, I remember touching it & holding it up to the light. When I couldn't find it, I looked on the site where I bought it & it hadn't been delivered yet! There is a gal named Starfire Tor who calls these 'timeslips' & sometimes relates them to the sun flares. She does mention the formally dead celebrities phenomenon that has been popping up all over, so she may be someone you want to check out!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sqorpius

I can't recall specifics at the moment

So you can't remember your false memories?

Priceless!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm curious as to how one can prove the multiverse theory if our scientists are still grappling with it. Any suggestions?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by seamus

That kind of stuff happens to me all of the time. Just roll with it or otherwise it might start to drive you mad. Last week my husband and I were watching a movie that had just been released to DVD on that day. My husband tells me he has already seen the movie- even though he hasn't been to a movie theater in years and doesn't watch movies online or on demand. He said he'd prove it, and he did by at the beginning of each scene telling me exactly what would happen in detail- and he was completely accurate. I asked him where and when he had seen the movie and he replied that he couldn't remember, but just knew that he had. It's not an unusual occurrence as I have done the same to him many times in the past with movies I'd never possibly seen and places I'd never possibly been- but somehow I had. It's freaky but true.

Same thing happened to me with that recent Denzel Washington movie "Flight." I was in a movie theater and saw the preview and it said it wasn't going to be out for several more months. Weird thing is I had already seen it and remembered several scenes very clearly. The scenes I remembered were not in the previews.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ok this just happened to me this morning! SEVER DEJA-VU!

My uncle emails me...

Hey I am tired of 200 channels with nothing on I want to try something different what do you use? A Wii or Roku what can you tell me about them?

I know I had this conversation with him several months ago when he retired but I cannot find any record of it! I even went so far as to check out those devices and remember doing that distinctively!

This is bizzare!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by seamus

Because aside from that incident there's never been any issues with us remembering things differently.

How does this exempt you from having the good manners to respond to a concerned inquiry?
Honestly, your question wasn't delivered with good manners. I think I made it pretty clear early on in the thread that I'm not interested in psychiatry as a means to grounding oneself in objective truth.

Bah... seriously ill! The nerve!

Is it insulting to suggest that a relative of yours might be ill? Why?
see above

And from someone who got their userid from an awful, quarter-guzzling video game from the 80s!

My user name is from a poem you have obviously never read:

With her came the nurse,
holding at her breast their happy infant child,
well-loved son of Hector, like a beautiful star.
Hector had named him Scamandrius, but others
called him Astyanax, lord of the city,
because Hector was Troy’s only guardian.

If arcade games are your only exposure to the riches of culture, it's no wonder you mistake mnemonic hallucinations and Twilight Zone fantasies for real life.
See? You are concerned about my manners, yet discount my experience as a fantasy. You can

edit on 27/3/13 by Astyanax because: I don't really pity the OP.
Opps my bad. I apologize, but really, it's hard to take someone seriously who uses an image of the North Korean dictator as their avatar. I took you for a pure troll. Now I see you're only a hybrid.
edit on 27-3-2013 by seamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
This is nothing more than your mind filling in gaps. The human brain has a remarkable tendency to do that as it appears to dislike incomplete scenarios/memories. You "misremembered" these things. It is nothing uncommon, though you might do this a little more than the average person. It certainly IS NOT evidence of a "compounding? parallel universe."
I didn't misremember any of the quoted happenings, with the exception of perhaps confusing Donna Summers/Gloria Gaynor. You misremembered your place in my life: none.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bassssssst
I'm curious as to how one can prove the multiverse theory if our scientists are still grappling with it. Any suggestions?
You can't prove anything according to Cartesian doubt, so forget about it. I'm much more concerned with doing and thinking and being that which will drive my life in a satisfactory direction.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Honestly, your question wasn't delivered with good manners.

Here is the post in full. What's bad-mannered about it?

The parallel universe is probably, I'm sorry to say, in your father's brain. He appears to have senile dementia. You may be aware of this already but in denial—hence this thread.

False memories of dead actors and stuff like that are a dime a dozen. Our memories are generally very unreliable; we alter and colour our stories whenever we remember them, then remember the altered and coloured memory in place of the real one. As for your friend James from Phoenix, there could be a dozen explanations for that.

The only hard disjunct to account for is the one between your father's memories and yours.

It seems quite polite to me. I didn't kowtow three times in your direction and type out my post while crawling on my belly. Perhaps that was my offence?

You are concerned about my manners, yet discount my experience as a fantasy.

Oh! >slaps forehead in chagrin< Now I get it! My offence was to disagree with the conclusions of your mighty brain. How stupid of me not to have seen that before.

really, it's hard to take someone seriously who uses an image of the North Korean dictator as their avatar.

That is not an image of a North Korean dictator. Does your life intersect with reality at any point?

edit on 28/3/13 by Astyanax because: well, really.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
No one has come across this site?
Who recalls Nelson Mandela dying in prison in '89 or '90?
There are other 'slips' with famous people who have passed, then they haven't..

mandelaeffect.com...

The only correlation pulled from reading is that those who experience it, have all had near-death experiences.

Does that strike home with anyone?
I had a couple of NDEs. However, I don't remember Mandela dying in prison. But that's no surprise. Being surprised at that would be like expecting there to be an even chance of Mandela being dead in 1989/90 among all the parallel universes. 1989 was, though, the year I popped the cap on my third eye.

OK - the fact you had NDEs I find very interesting. Matters not re: the Mandela memories. In that site, many have reported similar memories with other famous people, Billy Graham, William Katt, Patrick Swayze.. memories of the young boy being run over by the army tank in Tianeman Square, the placement of New Zealand on the maps; all kinds of similar memory "glitches".
Someone brought up the NDE factor, and a few of the posters have stated they experienced an NDE.
Now you have stated the same.
Very very interesting!
Is it related?
They're not that common. I thought.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreshSqueezedSunshine
reply to post by seamus

I also thought he had died in prison and looked him up one day to read about his legacy and find he was still alive.

I have had two NDE's... is there truly a correlation?

I find this part intriguing.
Others who reported similar instances with him and others on the Mandela Effect , have also reported NDEs.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join