It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just felt ELF waves in middle TN

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
this is a pretty good site with great links to chech it out

link

scroll down to real time monitoring

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
While I can't say I've felt any waves or different frequencies, I have felt nauseous for two days straight. I can't remember when I have before unless I was actually sick. I am under a little surprising stress, but I never get the feeling of throwing up unless I'm sick as a dog, which happens once every 7 yrs or so.

Not that my experience is related....but thanks for the heads up! We have unusually cold weather coming in tonight. We never had a winter, but now it's suddenly hitting freezing in spring. Weird.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's a likely possibility that there's a good reason some folks feel them and others dont.

Architectural resonance. yes.. just like a baffle in a sub, or lack of.
sry no.. "can you feel it bro" it's gone passed that lately and into the real thing stages. as to what causes it.. well that's for them folks that get paid good to work out things like this.. they can get of their fancy couch and do some real work instead of "approving" things for the gov.

Then they can tell the MSM all about it... claim it's some new thing.. and we'll all agree at last that things happen beyond our scope from time to time. This probably has a really simple explanation, but without a "scientist" to tell us what it is.. were all just crazy "felling things" bro.

It's a kick to the gut.. like you'd get at a rave party, if you've ever felt LF waves on a big scale (not just your stereo.. 10-40Kw and up.. big waves) you'll recognize the sinking feeling immediately... fun at a dance party... not so much fun at the mall.

a few things to think about.. they might be related, for those that have felt these.

Do you drive?
How insulated is your dwelling? Does it resonate normally?
How many teeth do you have... that one's kinda important... and in what state are they (wisdom teeth can effect many things) Teeth are a part of how we hear extreme LF & HF especially.

I think it's time we put the "your crazy if you hear/feel things" stick down, and start looking for answers... that is.. unless your paid to say "aint nothin but my bum.. move along" then.. by all means carry on.. im sure the guy next to you believes you, and your manager is proud... but we know what you are.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Have you come across this thread yet?

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
An ELF wave. That's a new one. I suppose that it's possible... but not always a necessity beforehand. Maybe ELF waves only happen for certain types, or certain magnitude EQs.

Something to keep in mind, like WRabbit says.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I really hope your wrong. If you are not aware, there is a big sinkhole in Louisiana, and there are 3 salt caverns. Very, VERY close to the sinkhole. One has 1.5 million barrels of liquid butane, some has been taken out, but there is still a lot in it. Another one has what they call NORM, Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material, and I can't remember what is in the third one. The area is not geologically stable, due to (speculation) the bomb they set off in the ocean to seal the BP oil well that caused the BP oil spill. If you type in "Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole, read the last two pages, and you will realize what an earthquake on the New Madrid would not bode well for anyone living in the Midwest, and definatly not good for the people in Louisiana.

So, like I said, I really, REALLY hope your wrong. I have family who live on the Eastern side of Tennessee.
edit on 24-3-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I believe you're referring to Charlotte King, who besides quake predictions first came to public notice for predicting exactly when Mt St Helen's would erupt, and also for the several studies done on her by various scientific institutions in the US -- and of course for her involvement in the "project migraine" study.

This all relates to what the OP has stated. In fact, Charlotte was the one who coined the term "geosensology" to describe the way that some people can sense various changes within the planet.

She's also a member here but I think it's been quite a while since she last posted.

edit on 25/3/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I also felt a wave of nausea at the exact same time. After careful evaluation, (and LOTS of note taking), I am chalking it up to the pressure system moving through Mid TN at the moment.

Not saying there isn't going to be a quake somewhere, just my observation.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I live in Indy and am hoping your wrong. I have felt small tremors the last few days.. I have checked the eq sites and not seen anything listed. I have heard the sounds everyone has been talking about roughly once a month. It seems to happen between 3 and 7 am. It sounds like a truck or some other large engine just idling... but it just continues on and on and on. Has a real low as you say frequency type sound almost like bass from a car stereo. Well what ever will be will be. I live on the second floor of a two story.. I have fallen much further than 20 feet and survived. At some point the New Madrid will snap. It is a forgone conclusion.. it is overdue. Geologic time and Human time are two totally different things however.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I also felt a wave of nausea at the exact same time. After careful evaluation, (and LOTS of note taking), I am chalking it up to the pressure system moving through Mid TN at the moment.

Not saying there isn't going to be a quake somewhere, just my observation.

I have felt dizzy and pukish today but I think like you... because of the pressure moving into the area.

I sure hope we do not have an earthquake any time soon and if its between 4 and 6 mag, It will devastate us.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
When I lived in Japan, I had this dizzyness before larger quakes... since I am in Germany, I only have it sometimes before a bigger one (but not always, just randomly)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I would like to predict a Earthquake will hit near the New Madrid within the next 24 hours.

Not saying you're wrong, but you only have a few hours left before it's 24 hours since your first post........

Have to admit I have my doubts.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, 2.0 in Tennessee

USGS

2013-03-25 18:34:36 UTC
depth=15.7km (9.8mi)
Near Knoxville

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by tport17

I believe you're referring to Charlotte King, who besides quake predictions first came to public notice for predicting exactly when Mt St Helen's would erupt, and also for the several studies done on her by various scientific institutions in the US -- and of course for her involvement in the "project migraine" study.

This all relates to what the OP has stated. In fact, Charlotte was the one who coined the term "geosensology" to describe the way that some people can sense various changes within the planet.

She's also a member here but I think it's been quite a while since she last posted.

edit on 25/3/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

Yes! That is her. I said the World Series quake, but as soon as I saw Mt. St. Helen's I remembered. Someone else must have done the World Series quake.

Here is her website.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Having been through a number of good shakes in my time most recently the Easter 2010 Mexicali quake that affected Palm Springs, CA, the 2 that I will always remember are the 1971 Sylmar (San Fernando) 6.6 when I was a kid and the 2001 Seattle 6.8…

In the 1971 quake we were living in Palm Springs, CA and I remember 2 things in particular: about half the water sloshed out of our pool, and my dad's old Jag XKE bounced down the driveway, across the street, and up into the neighbor's front yard.

In the 2001 Seattle quake I remember in the first 5 seconds the shaking was so violent I thought for sure it was "The Big One", and went on for so long I wondered if It would ever stop. We ran out the front door and I remember watching the stucco on the pillars and arch over the entry way develop all these tiny cracks. It was weird.

Anyway, I have noticed a common split-second occurrence in all of the quakes I've experienced -- a barely perceptible "crack" or "snap" of sorts and am curious if the OP or anyone else has experienced that crackle before the shake.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Whats an ELF wave?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It's very possible,and there is research on it.

There is some intriguing research about whether large earthquakes are associated with ionospheric changes caused by electromagnetic signals released by the crushing of rock crystalline structures. If so, then this might be a mechanism for major earthquake prediction. One of the primary researchers in this area is Friedemann Freund, of NASA Ames. He has written several articles introducing the concept of ionospheric and atmospheric changes as earthquake precursors:

According to Freund, "Earthquake forecasters can also watch for changes in the ionosphere by monitoring very-low-frequency (3- to 30-kilohertz) and high-frequency (3- to 30-megahertz) radio transmissions. The strength of a radio signal at a receiver station changes with the diurnal cycle: it is greater at night than in daylight... The altitude of the ionosphere, which moves lower as the positive holes [positively-charged atoms in stressed rock] migrate to the surface, also has an effect on radio signals; the lower the ionosphere, the stronger the signals. So at dawn on an earthquake day, a curve drawn to represent the drop-off in radio signal strength will appear markedly different from the normal curve for that signal at that location." (Earthquake Predictor) That is, Fruend believes that the dawn-dusk signatures will be different for a particular instrument, perhaps even the signal strength as monitored during the day, on the day of a major earthquake.

solar-center.stanford.edu...

However, you are not making the distinction between ELF radio waves, ELF electric fields, and ELF sound, all of which are totally different qualitatively.

You can't 'feel' radio or electric fields. You can't "hear" them. Infrasound is something different, and is apparently what the OP is talking about.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join