Another bank runs out of Gold?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Here is the article:

ABN Ambro won't allow physical delivery of gold anymore

It has been speculated and supported by much circumstantial evidence that gold and silver have been heavily suppressed ever since Nixon took the US off the gold standard in 1971.

Why? Well, it is quite simple. When currency is redeemable in gold, fiscal discipline is imposed on states. When fiat currency is issued, that is paper with no specific backing, fiscal discipline is lost. Exhibit A, the US economy since 1971. I rest my case.

It has been said that for every actual ounce of physical gold and silver, 100 ounce of "paper" gold and silver exist. This is how the price is kept down, which conversely keeps the perception of the value of the dollar high, or at least does not foster the perception that the dollar has crashed in value. But it has. Even with the manipulation, gold has risen 600% from 2000 and silver about the same. But the Dow has reached 14,000, slightly higher than it was in 2000, yippee! No worries!

Think about a situation where some unscrupulous person wanted to crash the price of a stock, and you worked for that company and wanted the true price reflected in the market. However everytime you bought one share, this other person created 100 shares out of thin air and sold them into the market. Do you think the true value of the stock would be reflected in the market? Of course not, but this happens to gold and silver every day.

If the US didn't do this, the value of the dollar would crash, and the military machine would run out of gas. Why do you think Nixon took the US off the gold standard at the beginning of the first oil crisis?

Why do you think it is taking the NY FED SEVEN YEARS to return Germany's gold? The simple answer is they don't have it. Come on, Kennedy proposed putting a man on the moon and the US did that in eight years, one of man's greatest and most complex and difficult modern achievements? And its going to take 7 years to return 300 measely tons of gold? The Globemaster can handle one M1-A2 Abrams, which is about 60 tons, so if the gold exists it is just five flights away from being delivered. But no, they need 7 years.

If you own paper gold or silver, that is all you own, paper. The only gold and silver you really own is that which you can touch.

7 years to deliever German gold

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I knew there was a reason why all these "Dollars For Gold" infomercials were cropping up everywhere you turn.

"Bring us you're gold !"
"We'll give you top dollar for your broken gold jewelry !"
"Just drop it in an envelope and we'll send you a cheque !"

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I was explaining the banking system in similar terms to my wife last week.

So I agree 100% with you.

"money" only has the value that is given to it,
through trust and thereby prices.

If a Gallon of oil ever costs $40
your $1 Bill is only worth 10 cents

edit on 24/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Bill

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have read the article concerning ABN Amro, and it said that it was no longer the entity which holds the precious metals (gold, silver, copper and palladium), so they could no longer physicially deliver it.

It makes sense on the surface, but what struck me is that they changed the way they will buy or sell gold for the customer.

• Do you execute orders for precious metals via the ABN AMRO account? Then the settlement of these orders are henceforth performed at bid price or ask price prevailing on the market for precious metals. No longer on the mid-price, as you are used to.
• The bid price is the price that merchants offer for precious metals that are put up for sale, when you sell.
• The ask price is the price at which traders want to sell precious metals, when you buy.
• From now on we will value the precious metals in your investment portofolio at bid prices.

www.silverdoctors.com...-23818

The way I see it, the price of gold will be driven down. If you want to sell, the merchants will rip you off and offer less. If you want to buy, the traders will rip you off by charging you extra. Although these two extremes should cancel each other out, don't bet on it.

Gold has to be kept low in order to keep the dollar up. It's a silly game they're playing, to make the dollar look strong. But time is running out.

It seems to me also that they're afraid of a gold run, as many people are now asking to take physical delivery of the gold a piece of paper says they own. As I understand it, each ounce of gold sitting in bank vaults has several entities which assume that it belongs to them. A gold run would expose this corruption and deceit.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Why do you think it is taking the NY FED SEVEN YEARS to return Germany's gold?

Because that is the time frame Germany has requested...

The simple answer is they don't have it.

Your source for that silly claim is....

But no, they need 7 years

Have you asked Germany why they want it to take 7 years? Of course not, that would destroy your conspiracy!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

The reason why Germany requested such a ridiculous amount of time to repatriate their gold is because they KNOW it isn't all there. To say you can return our gold in 7 freaking years makes no sense otherwise.

There is more gold sold on paper that what actually physically exists. There is a real conspiracy here, it is documented, but you don't have to believe it.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
But why ruin a good conspiracy?
theres ample room for speculation if youll pardon my pun....
Other countries as well would like their gold returned......
Is there any gold at all left?
We are not privy to such information.....why?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

The reason why Germany requested such a ridiculous amount of time to repatriate their gold is because they KNOW it isn't all there. To say you can return our gold in 7 freaking years makes no sense otherwise.

There is more gold sold on paper that what actually physically exists. There is a real conspiracy here, it is documented, but you don't have to believe it.

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself!

If there is no conspiracy here, then why is it so hard to get an audit of Fort Knox? The GAO intensely audits every other asset it has, yet one of its most valuable assets hasn't been audited for over 60 years?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

I was explaining the banking system in similar terms to my wife last week.

So I agree 100% with you.

"money" only has the value that is given to it,
through trust and thereby prices.

If a Gallon of oil ever costs $40
your $1 Bill is only worth 10 cents

edit on 24/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Bill

Same can be said for a lump of metal AKA gold, I cannot make a single thing useful from Gold. Go to a third world country that has bad inflation they do not barter in Gold.

When milk is $40 having a cow will be worth more than it's weight in Gold

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yeah, posted this in the Texas wants it gold back thread, didn't get to much attention though. It seems these can't get your gold back articles are gaining momentum.

The Anunaki must be close hahaha

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

All paper commodity contracts (including live cattle, hard red winter wheat, etc) are settled with cash delivery at an average of 1-2%....some contracts (ie stock index futures) have no cash/physical delivery at all and settle in dollars.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It is possible that the price of gold could come crashing down and save the economies. Millions of people would lose their money. I wouldn't put too much faith in this metal. If the value of half the middle to upper class disappeared than things would straighten out without anyone knowing the whole thing was orchestrated.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Maybe it take seven years to produce enough gold coated tungsten bars. The banks may even be in on this as it benefits them all to perpetuate the fake gold inventories.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

All paper commodity contracts (including live cattle, hard red winter wheat, etc) are settled with cash delivery at an average of 1-2%....some contracts (ie stock index futures) have no cash/physical delivery at all and settle in dollars.

It has been documented many times that holders of COMEX silver or gold contracts have settled for cash premiums instead of taking delivery. This is in essence a default and illegal.

Silver and Gold contracts explained

When Open Interest declines for the active month, yet there were no delivery notices for gold or silver, or the delivery notices are less than the decline in Open Interest, someone has taken cash. Yet the month before, they already had to decide whether to stand for delivery or take cash. And declaring yourself as standing for delivery is not a simple process in terms of coming up with your cash, which at the very least is a couple hundred thousand. So why would people go through the rigamarole of standing for delivery, only to take the cash a month later when they could have had it a month earlier? They were offered a premium over the contract price.

The December contract saw it's OI fall by 2,376 contracts with only 71 delivery notices on Friday. No doubt that Blythe was busy handing out the paper fiat to some hedge funds so that they could roll to a future month instead of taking delivery. The raid on Friday certainly had an effect on our longs as many just liquidated.

Gold and Silver contracts trading outlinged on the COMEX

See, you CAN learn something new everyday!

edit on 25-3-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Another good article on the diminishing purchasing power of the dollar:

The diminshing purchasing power of the dollar

The dollar has lost about 98% of its value in terms of a global basket of goods and services that it can purchase since the inception of the FED.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Well to be fair, the official reason is, the Bundesbank doesn't have a big enough secure vault to store this amount of Gold. They are building one at the moment in Frankfurt for the Gold which would take approx. 6 years to build.

But I do agree, there is much more gold traded than there is in the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talliostro

Well to be fair, the official reason is, the Bundesbank doesn't have a big enough secure vault to store this amount of Gold. They are building one at the moment in Frankfurt for the Gold which would take approx. 6 years to build.

But I do agree, there is much more gold traded than there is in the world.

Six years? This is the time the usually winners to host the next Olympics have to build their Olympic complexes - including housing for thousands, and a myriad of venues including but not limited to arena's, stadiums, pools, courts, rinks etc. There is no reason why even the biggest and most complex vault should take more than one year to build.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
haha you're clearly not familiar with building regulations, procedures and bureaucracy here in Germany

I just repeated the official story, don't know if it's true or not. The excisting vault has to be upgraded, because it has to hold the additonal 300t from NY and the gold which does come back from Paris and London.
I tend to believe them, that they will need this amount of time to upgrade the vault BUT I'm also a strong believer in the theory, that there is no gold in NY and Fort Knox left, so the timeframe serves both parties to get to their goals.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have my doubts about the explanation to the letter of the ABN Bank, reading it in Dutch makes it just less harsh than the translation. Also, the ABN bank is owned by the Dutch government. They are doing a huge reorganisation now. Maybe something to keep in mind...
At the other hand, the dutch have got loads of gold in the US also. There was a rumour that this was stored underneath the Twin Towers in NY. So, who knows...

If the timeframe to bring back the gold is to short, it would bring some safety issues i guess...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

ABN Amro is also one of the banks that wrote lots of risky mortgages. Contrary to what the media is trumpeting, the housing market is not recovering, and won't until the mortgage mess is resolved.

www.fool.com...

www.facebook.com...

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join