It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La. Governor Bobby Jindal Proposes Raid On State's Concealed Handgun Permit Fund

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Jindal's proposed raid jeopardizes state's concealed-carry permit process, instructor says

So, the "conservative" governor of Louisiana, a very gun-friendly state, wants to take money from the concealed permit fund. This is completely illegal -

The act that established the fund states, "The monies in the Concealed Handgun Permit Fund shall be used solely for administration of the concealed handgun permit process." But Jindal's proposed budget calls for the use of dollars out of the dedicated fund as well as several others, including the Artificial Reef Development Fund and the Coastal Protection and Restoration Fund.

Many are saying that, if allowed to do this, Jindal will effectively increase the time it takes to receive your permit.

"Right now, it kind of varies. Some people get them as fast as 10 days; sometimes it takes 90 days," he said. "We tell people the average is about three or four weeks. "How long's it going to take now?"

www.nola.com...

equalgunrights.com...

Another fake conservative, using backdoor methods, obstructing our God-given rights to self-protection, guaranteed by our 2nd Amendment....SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED Bobby!
edit on 24-3-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I dont think theres enough information to make an informed opinion.

WHY is he "raiding " the fund?

Just to help with the state's budget deficit?

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I know more considering this is the same guy who sponsored the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006, which made it illegal to confiscate guns during a disaster.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My governor is a #ing idiot. Through and through. No denying that. I hate this state.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Jindal has stolen money from other state funds to put in the general budget while giving huge tax breaks to industries paying minimum wage and sending their profits out of state. (film industry, for one)

Balancing the budget?

How about reducing spending, how about starting there?

It's a blatant attack on the CHP process!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
He's always on NRA sponsored commercials. So its not directly at them. He would lose a lot of support. Any idea what its taken for?

He was a hopeful for 2016 presidential candidates. At this rate he won't even be governor next term.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If there is one red cent in this world that hasn't already been misspent, diverted or misappropriated by a politician they should put it in a museum. One with 24 hr security as well!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Oh nooos! Jindal is... ...is... ...is a politician!

Here's robbing Peter to pay Paul. This one happens to be on CCW permits.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

He's a lame duck, he can't run for a 3rd term...

Presidential aspirations?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Hmmmm, okay then, so we do agree on some topics, why couldn't that be in the other thread?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Haha didn't know he was on second term. Yes, a lot of presidential aspirations. I've heard him on radio and seen him on tv. He still hasn't decided.

He wouldn't get far anyway

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

To me the other thread is about the same topic. Misappropriation and misuse of our money.

Not sure why you haven't understood my position there.

new topics

top topics

join