It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Nuclear Bomb

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

i agree...the land around chernobyl is lush with plants and has animals wandering around, however, the life span for a human living there would be short, with all types of cancers, tumors, and deformities inhabiting each human.

The Truth About Chernobyl Is Told

No Increase in Cancers
Finally, UNSCEAR concludes: "Apart from the increase in thyroid cancer after childhood exposure, no increases in overall cancer incidence or mortality have been observed that could be attributed to ionizing radiation. The risk of leukemia, one of the main concerns (leukemia is the first cancer to appear after radiation exposure, because of its short latency time of 2 to 10 years), does not appear to be elevated, even among the recovery operation workers. Neither is there any proof of other non-malignant disorders that are related to ionizing radiation. However, there were widespread psychological reactions to the accident, which were due to fear of the radiation, not to actual radiation doses."

www.21stcenturysciencetech.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

You do realize that there have been over 2,000 detonations of nuclear bombs since 1945?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

The big problem is, 1000s of detonations at the same time...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here is part three, dealing with radiation:

edit on 30-3-2013 by LibertysTeeth because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2013 by LibertysTeeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

This is exactly how I feel. I don't want to survive unless it will be a world worth surviving in. But I don't want to choose to die either.

I was wondering how do you know what major targets are in your area if any? How would I find out the same in my area? I used to have IBM in my area and we were always told that would be a target. I kinda felt happy that I would be ground zero if anything were to occur. Lockheed Martin is still in our area. Would that be a target? We are about 4 hours from NYC too.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Military bases where assets are stored (trucks, planes, tanks, ships), are the most primary targets.

Command and control bases are also prime targets.

No, I think you're good as far as IBM and Lockheed not being prime targets.

Even with 1000's of nukes heading our way, there are more than enough more prime targets they'll aim for.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join