It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over in Cyprus, there are reports of a small explosion causing a fire at a Bank of Cyprus branch ton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Over in Cyprus, there are reports of a small explosion causing a fire at a Bank of Cyprus branch tonight

www.guardian.co.uk

Over in Cyprus, there are reports of a small explosion causing a fire at a Bank of Cyprus branch tonight.

Cypriot TV Station Sigma has some details here, and contacts in Cyprus reckon it's true (and not a major explosion either)

According to Sigma's report, an "improvised explosive device exploded at a branch of Bank of Cyprus in Polemidia", creating a small fire at the branch.

No reports of any injuries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm following the debate on the guardian live whether or not Cyprus is getting a bail and this report came in. Nothing on RT or other sources yet.

Seems thread worthy to me. What will the night bring? So far the Cypriots didn't protest much but if bombs are being used possible to get their money back...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Also some crazy reports getting in, few snippets

Reuters is now reporting that Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades threatened to resign during a heated exchange with European Union and IMF officials this afternoon.

And this:

finmin told cyp reporters 50-60% haircut for bank of cyprus demanded. suggests it cd be preparing for lower 35-40% haircut a la IMF
And

Cyprus's finance minister has told some reporters that the Troika want haircuts of over 50% for wealthy savers (€100k+) at Bank of Cyprus

IF this is true they are vivisecting Cyprus for its organs
edit on 24-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just came over the ITN news..
what do they expect ... Eh thieving bas..

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

finmin told cyp reporters 50-60% haircut for bank of cyprus demanded. suggests it cd be preparing for lower 35-40% haircut a la IMF

Can you imagine anyone telling you that they are going to steal half your fortune, because they couldn't handle their own money properly? If this source is accurate, then this is insane. No wonder we are hearing about explosions in the region.

link   
reply to post by Senduko

Sorry but why do they want everyone to have haircuts of 50%?

link   
I believe the people have every right to be as pissed as they are...if it means giving the banks a message of how unhappy one is regarding their savings, then why not as long as no-one is hurt in the process...

It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it, we cannot just sit here expecting a change for a better world...

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Not everyone Right now all the deals and cut's you are hearing are from the two biggest banks.

Laiki bank : everything above 100k will have a 40 ( or 50 ) percent redaction.
Bank of cyprus : everything above 100k will completely be taken.

Then there are smaller banks which i have no knowledge of what sort of arrangement been made.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sounds like some were having none of the 100 Euro ATM limit I was reading something on earlier and decided a more...direct...withdrawal was necessary.

Heck, I don't know what I'd do if I had a true life savings in a bank and they even joked about outright STEALING a healthy % of it. I mean, it's people's very lives they're just casually screwing with and telling them to suck it up and move on.

Well... The people might have other ideas about who gets to suck up what in this case?
edit on 24-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well the night is young, I'm not ashamed to say it but I hope more bombs go off tonight.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I can see massive Europe wide bank runs starting tomorrow. It will begin in the Mediterranean first and then spread .

Its bit exciting, and worrying at the same time

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I hope they keep on fighting.

I have been watching this all unfold from the beginning and have been hoping the Cypriots would rise up and fight tooth and nail to keep their hard earned money.

I am concerned for the potential effect on other economies and whether or not we will start seeing the same bank holidays and 'haircuts' in other places.

I am going to continue to keep my money out of the bank.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Let the banks burn. Greedy, lying sons of dogs.

Seriously, how can you take the peoples money, gamble it, create HUGE Losses then expect the people to foot your bill.

Disgusting, scum of the Earth arrogance, seriously what type of people have the smug'ness to do something like this then baulk and scaremonger when the people wont foot the bill?

I hope Cyprus drags every rich bankster from their lush villa's and beats the living snot out of them in the streets.

Until we put the fear of death into the bankers, they'll keep doing what they're doing.

Mob rule rules!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Thats all well and good but why the HAIRCUTS?

(read your OT)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't think violence such as this is okay, but then again it's pretty damn violent to steal peoples savings. Some banks have night guards though and their isn't justification for hurting or killing someone.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Message sent.

Russians
on't mess with our money.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Apparently, they have agreed on something like 40% on accounts over 125k from one bank.

Keep on hearing different things, regardless - they need to be taking all their money out as soon as the banks open. The line has been crossed with this, everyone should be taking their money out of their bank.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
THIS IS OUTRIGHT THEFT! THIS IS PURE THEFT! AND I'M WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO TAKE HALF OF THE SAVINGS FROM PEOPLE!

Seriously if I was there and they were doing this to me, I kid you not, but I would create a mob to take our money out and create so much bank property damage the eurocrats won't even want to hear Cyprus mentioned again.

EFFIN' UNBELIEVABLE!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thats ridiculous. 40% is outright Mob terms, as in, "you're gonna give us our cut of 40% in exchange for keeping your kneecaps intact."

Doesn't matter where you are. Pull your money. If you don't, you have absolutely no reason to gripe when it's time for your "haircut."

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I knew it was going to come to this. Nothing gets people more riled up than poking fun at their money.

Lets say you had, $430,000 in a checking account.

How the heck are you going to go and pull it all out?

Go 43 days straight and take out 10k at the teller?

Where would you hide it? put it? secure it?

Do you think that pulling out that sort of cash would create any suspicions with the authorities?

Then what?

edit on 24-3-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.

When this whole Cyprus story broke originally a week to 10 days ago, I predicted Molotovs, Riots, Bank fires.

Right on the Money!!!!!!!!!!

How many weeks before this type of stuff spreads to the rest of Europe then U.S. via derivitives bubble is the key question here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join