It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soon, it'll be a hate crime NOT to advocate gay marriage.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

you may consider changing your avatar, not only is Dr Who a very gay friendly show, but check this out....

edit on 24-3-2013 by skalla because: having a bad day for spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Ginger people are in the minority are they to not normal?
(I know they arn't
btw ) (jk)
edit on 24-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Personally OP, I tend to agree. I'll get a foe note out of this or a nasty note from somewhere. I do, often enough when I voice my opinion on this, but you are correct in my view and that of millions of others.

In my personal view, it's never been about homosexuality itself. Not in itself. It's as you say though. Tolerance isn't enough. Showing absolutely no reaction, even if we see it as disgusting on a strictly personal level ...isn't enough. (and I see PDA from heterosexuals as disgusting too..so no one start. Get a friggin room. The public shouldn't know sexual orientation by WATCHING near foreplay in public)

No, it seems if we even hold ..in PRIVATE THOUGHT...the idea that we want nothing to do with or around homosexuality? We're hateful bigots and need ..corrected or something.

Well.. Hate is intolerance EITHER direction, IMO. I see plenty of it from BOTH sides, too. That is my problem. Good thread and perfect for a rant.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

you may consider changing your avatar, not only is Dr Who a very gay friendly show, but check this out....

edit on 24-3-2013 by skalla because: having a bad day for spelling

I don't hate gays... and let the gay Daleks be gay Daleks.

I still love my Daleks.

EXTERMINATE.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Personally OP, I tend to agree. I'll get a foe note out of this or a nasty note from somewhere. I do, often enough when I voice my opinion on this, but you are correct in my view and that of millions of others.

In my personal view, it's never been about homosexuality itself. Not in itself. It's as you say though. Tolerance isn't enough. Showing absolutely no reaction, even if we see it as disgusting on a strictly personal level ...isn't enough. (and I see PDA from heterosexuals as disgusting too..so no one start. Get a friggin room. The public shouldn't know sexual orientation by WATCHING near foreplay in public)

No, it seems if we even hold ..in PRIVATE THOUGHT...the idea that we want nothing to do with or around homosexuality? We're hateful bigots and need ..corrected or something.

Well.. Hate is intolerance EITHER direction, IMO. I see plenty of it from BOTH sides, too. That is my problem. Good thread and perfect for a rant.

Very similar to how I see it. Nice reply

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Ginger people are in the minority are they to not normal?
(I know they arn't
btw ) (jk)
edit on 24-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Lol, omfg, I csnt even type right at the moment.

All I can think of right now is this

Thanks, now I am going to hell for sure, and I just felt my soul die a little because I am still laughing.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
so there is this bar down the street from me that is ran by lesbians, and once a week there is a gay night. at the same time since its the only place that has a gay night, gays hang out there other nights as well, along with non gays. I have had a few weird experiences.

The lesbian bartenders girlfriend who weighs 100lbs tried to fight me one night over something trivial(she later apologized)

there was a gay dude that went out of his way to say as im waiting in line for the pisser "im sorry. im gay, so..." and then kind of trailed off. he doesn't have to apologized to me for being gay, but for some reason he did.

and then the there was this small gay black dude that was staring at me all night, so im walking by him, and jokenly i say "so whats up you wanna have a dance off or something" and then i bust a quick dance move and walk away smiling(all in good fun). now he maddoggs me and starts arguments when ever he can with me, and have noticed more than once he is talking down to me like he is high and mighty.

the point of the story is im an outsider at this bar because im not gay and im starting to feel the effects. I accept them hanging out in my local pub, why cant they accept me, a straight dude?

and anybody that trys to tell me maybe you should stop hanging out at a gay bar and you wont have to deal with these things, i say to you. Im the rosa parks of straight people in this situation I will not walk an extra six blocks to grab an ale just because im straight. also the good thing about gay dudes is they usally have straight girlfriends hanging with them, so in that bar i am a unique individual being that i like to have relations with women
ha

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Senstive topic isnt it?

I will be going to a family members gay wedding very soon.

At least I planned on going but am slowly changing my mind because one of the brides is stressing out over what others think, for example the elderly relatives attending. I am sick and tired of how the heterosexual guests are supposed to be supportive of their opinions, feelings, etc. yet they cannot understand how their 84 y old grandfather is at odds with it. Get real. He is not comfortable about it at all, but he's an asshole because of this. He is going though, he never said he wasn't. She just got the honest answer regarding him feeling uncomfortable. This is a nice man being painted as an asshole. A list of other assholes is developing.

To be honest I'm not supportive of gay marriage at all. I'm supposed to pretend I am if I go. We all are, except the gay guests. I don't care if they are gay don't care if they want to get married. However you put all of us on the spot where we must participate in this event if which we don't truly support or understand. Understand this, when we say we are ok with it, we are not being truthful. You are not ok with us being heterosexual is what I've come to understand.

The next thing on the horizon is we have to understand their wish to have children with donated sperm.

This is not my usual response on this topic on this board, but it is now because I am going to a gay wedding. My support has gone out the window.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This thread has so far gone without the term homophobic being used. Phobic from Phobos Ancient Greek for fear I take issue with that term because the only homosexuals I fear are the predatory ones such as portrayed in Deliverance, or Shawshank Redemption.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

You get hetro sexual predators as well....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

To be honest I'm not supportive of gay marriage at all. I'm supposed to pretend I am if I go. We all are, except the gay guests. I don't care if they are gay don't care if they want to get married. However you put all of us on the spot where we must participate in this event if which we don't truly support or understand. Understand this, when we say we are ok with it, we are not being truthful. You are not ok with us being heterosexual is what I've come to understand.

I know how you feel. So much.

I felt the same way about my old friends, too. They were mostly swingers and into orgies.

Oh and as a guy who has been divorced twice now to ginger girls THEY DO NOT HAVE SOULS

I'm naturally ginger. Still, this statement doesn't offend me so much as it merely proves a lot of things about me.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by hotel1

You get hetro sexual predators as well.... [/quote

If I was to challenge their way of life would that make me a heterophobic?
edit on 24-3-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm quite sick of seeing these threads, but not sick of posting on them oddly enough.

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
I have nothing against gays. First and foremost.

BUT! I have no fondness of the lifestyle. I suppose I'm just oldschool. I don't believe its natural. There's something about it that I don't like.

It's quite obvious that you do have something against gays. You contradict yourself immediately by saying you don't like the lifestyle and that it's not natural. If you had no problem with us, why would you feel the need to express this opinion?

I have a problem with people like you, heterosexist loudmouths who begin every sentence with "now I got nothin against gay people, but..."
I think your opinions are obnoxious and unnecessary. If you've got nothing against gay people, fantastic, talk to me about something you like or something that interests you, hell you could even complain about issues that actually affect you, but please just stop airing these worthless, annoying and mildly offensive opinions wherever you go.

It wouldn't be socially acceptable if I were to go around spouting off that mentally handicapped people make me kind of uncomfortable (and TBH they kinda do) or worse, call them unnatural, but it should be okay to say these things about gays?

And it wouldn't be socially acceptable if I were to go around spouting off that black people make me kind of uncomfortable (and sometimes TBH they do) or worse, call them inhuman, but it should be okay to say these things about gays?

Now that I've vented my frustration I should point out that I don't really care whether people hate gays or oppose gay marriage, or if they hate my race or spiritual beliefs or my taste in music. I don't want to squelch free speech or take away any of your other rights because we dont see eye to eye on certain matters. I just think you should mind your own business and be polite and respectful.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Call me Miss Non-progressive, but even though I couldn't care less what actual people do with their private lives, the idle concept of two guys in tuxedos up at the altar isn't going to compute anytime soon inside the established "normalcy" area of my mind.

I'd be loathe to admit that to anyone else, though. In this day and age, thought police are everywhere, and I'm not in the mood for a knee-jerk berating.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join