It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of The Most Compelling EVP Spirit Responses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This has to be some of the most convincing EVP sessions I have ever heard in my life. The most convincing EVP I have heard was the one from The Scole Experiment but I'll save that story for another day. This dude Mortis and his friend Wayne captures really captivating voices, that are supposedly spirits from the other world and hell. They are paranormal researchers. But these videos in particular are really interesting because these spirits mostly respond to their exact questions most of the time accordingly. I want your guys take on these videos for many of you probably know more than I do about the paranormal. Personally though I believe that it is authentic but I will acknowledge the possibility of hoaxes.

Possible Hoaxes:
1.He has a audio recorder inside the Radio/Spirit Box that has a prerecorded audio file which plays the questions he wants.
2.The radio is not really on and it is just a audio recorder playing in the back of them which you can not see.
3.The radio is tuned to the static while his friend hides and answers the questions.
4.Radio feedback from radio feedback stations.

Mortis and Wayne's Description

We are two paranormal researchers. One of us is theist and believes in the trinity. The other is agnostic, skeptical but does not deny God might exist. Together our beliefs allow us to meet in the middle and form a basis for our personal paranormal knowledge. We became paranormal researchers to find our own truth, not to find the truth for others, but the spirit box changed that. We are not seeking fame or fortune and have honestly turned down television and other interview requests. Our videos are ad free and we do not ask for anything in return. We are both married, have families, work hard and wish to remain mostly anonymous. We have found something consistently paranormal that we cannot yet explain - The Spirit Box. We have put on hold most other paranormal research to focus purely on performing spirit box communications. Please subscribe to our channel to receive our latest videos.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What bothers me about these vids is they are just too damn easy to fake.

I like to try out a spirit box personally to see what happens for myself, I may put one on my Xmas wish list

I'm open minded enough not to dismiss, and remain neutral as to how I see these as actual contact.

Intresting vids none the less, thanks for sharing.

Wifi.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I agree, I'm thinking about buying a spirit box too but they are a bit pricey.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrillion

50-100 bucks on eBay.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing these videos to ATS. I probably would not have seen them otherwise.

I have always found the spirit box to bring up some very interesting videos. I personally do not think these videos are hoaxes, but I am also aware that good hoaxes are the ones that appear to be genuine. The reactions and imperfections in the video made it more believable in my eyes. If I was going to hoax a video on the spirit box I would have some good answers coming through, solving the riddles of life.

Do spirit boxes work? To me, individuals using the spirit box bring in too many direct answers to be a coincidence. There is also a fairly good distinction between the responses and other radio interference usually. I am no radio expert, however, so I could just be ignorant of the logical explanations to these voices.

Ever since I first started reading/hearing about spirit boxes I have wanted to experiment with one. Though I have always had that voice in my head telling me it might be a bad idea. Haha, fear of the unknown right? I'll get around to it one day, perhaps before I make a big move I will break one out and attempt this on my own.
edit on 24-3-2013 by DaveWx3 because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
EVP's are subjective and easily hoaxed. All the hardware to "later detect spirit voices" is a pricey and dunno just too over hyped.

Don't get me wrong, I have heard a spirit utter my name in my ear and it is weird, also a voice say 'Run' when I was about to get run over. If you are lucky your whole life you will have the odd experience or two and Never will forget it.

For the money and much better in my mind is the EMF meter that detects weird fields that come and go as you are searching around. That can't be as easily explained. Especially places there are no power sources...

People who need to experience the spirit world have only to find and make contact with their own. That isn't done with electronics by the way.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'll bite...

Seriously? This is the biggest crock of BS on ATS right now. Do you guys actually believe a "spirit box" that scans through radio frequencies is really relaying answers from the grave? Is your name Zak Bagans?

When the EVP phenomena began, at least they were taking ambient recordings and filtering out the higher frequencies and content.That took time and effort. Don't have time for that now I guess, let's just scan through the radio band for short snippets of talk radio. Bad investigator! You get no cookie.

Hook...meet fish.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Your proberly right, though it is interesting. I'm really 50/50 on it and that won't change till I try, and if I don't and keep seeing these vids it will bug me to the point of.....hmmm, good adverts aren't they,
*ats instinctual suspiciousness kicks in.

I too have heard my name in the ear, twice. Weird expeirience to say the least, especially when you recognise the voice.

reply to post by Tuned Agent

It's more to do with the words picked up and their corespondace to questions asked, to answer one ore two Q's would be coincedence but question after question either says hoax or interesting, IMO.

edit on 24-3-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

especially when you recognise the voice.

Shivers

Family member, right?

So you know what its like to have real paranormal experience then? Just a thought... you won't need those devices, you are sensitive enough if you pick up on that kind of thing. My guess is that is not the only kind of experience you have had either...?
edit on 24-3-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
For the money and much better in my mind is the EMF meter that detects weird fields that come and go as you are searching around. That can't be as easily explained. Especially places there are no power sources...

Wrong. EMP spikes can occur anywhere, from a variety of different sources, including cell phone towers, which makes them extremely unreliable for 'ghost hunting', but you can't tell the current crop of 'investigators' this stuff. They watch too many TV shows. I had to laugh when I went on a 'ghost hunt' with a local 'paranormal investigative group', and discovered (as usual) that none of them were aware of this, and even had no clue that their very cell phones, that all of them carried with them, could set off an EMF detecting device easily. I wonder how many times these 'investigators' thought their EMF detectors were picking up 'ghosts', when in fact it was nothing of the sort, and more than probably their own cell phones in their pockets.

As to the topic, I've heard some intriguing stuff from my own spirit box, but I'm convinced that 99% of it is audio pareidolia from radio stations being picked up. These videos don't really impress me at all. Youtube is full of 'investigators' who mistake audio pareidolia for 'spirit' communication. Why should you have to scan thru radio stations to pick up 'spirit' communication? You don't have to do this for EVPs. Just leave it on an empty station. Doesn't work too well that way, does it? But turn your 'spirit box' to scan at 250ms (a joke really) and you'd be surprised how you get 'answered' sometimes. Because it's merely pareidolia.
edit on 24-3-2013 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2013 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Family member, right?

Yes, living family members. Dad n sis, but no one there.

I had a period of a couple months where I became sensetive, I think. it seems to have faded now. I've been touched, tapped on the chest and woken up, and during that period expeirienced telepathy and other "mad stuff"

All back to norm now.

edit on 24-3-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The investigators are Australian and, strangely, they seem to have made contact with Australian-sounding spirits.

Looks like they've homed-in on the Australian sector of the spirit world....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Wanna hear something really strange? My bro called me last week and said he heard my voice coming from his dog. My sister in law heard it too.. he called me and when I answered I was driving through the nicollet mall in minneapolis with no idea of how I got there .Last I remembered I was on 94w.. I don't drink or anything. I'm lucky I did nt hit a pedestrian...no seizure history or diabetes, etc. He couldn't tell what it was I was saying , just that his dog was whining really loud and it was my voice.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bangoli

Very strange, and you was blacked out at the time, and driving.

Out of body/bilocation/dog possession.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

All back to norm now.

Yah, no harm done...

stay tuned, you never know when that stuff will recur. Sometimes its a warning to look out for something coming down the road.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

I agree with you...to a certain extent. These answers that they get are really direct, if it was just radio feedback I doubt they would be able to respond to them so accordingly. But on the other hand EMF come from cameras too.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
EVP's are subjective and easily hoaxed. All the hardware to "later detect spirit voices" is a pricey and dunno just too over hyped.

Don't get me wrong, I have heard a spirit utter my name in my ear and it is weird, also a voice say 'Run' when I was about to get run over. If you are lucky your whole life you will have the odd experience or two and Never will forget it.

People who need to experience the spirit world have only to find and make contact with their own. That isn't done with electronics by the way.

It kind of sounds like your copying the main character from White Noise lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

In what way? Is that a movie?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

EMF meters are used to detect bugs as well. Its their original purpose. Anyone who uses them to detect "anomalies" knows what they are looking for. Its not as simple as I took the batteries out of my cell phone and put them in my pocket, left my digital watch on and the circuit breakers on in the house and check for underground cables, air craft beacons, microwave towers, roadways, power lines ,etc, etc.

The real neat trick is when you find a person that is producing EMF, has no fillings and is standing near two meters when they both go off ... on the person. And the effect comes and goes... on both meters at the same time.

All it is is unexplained. Its proof of nothing actually.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

stay tuned, you never know when that stuff will recur. Sometimes its a warning to look out for something coming down the road.

Ha, I think it was, but I didn't see the signs till the event happened, then it all fell into place. It was very clear and to the point, but I never picked up on it till it was too late. Lesson learned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join