It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Canon Booms" Heard And Felt For 2-3 Years Prior To 1811-1812 New Madrid Earthquakes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

WHAS posted the map about 2 AM.

Red means heard a boom
Green means no boom was heard

I was inside all last evening and night so I didn't hear a peep, but I did have my window cracked a little for fresh air. Friends and family within a mile of me were complaining all night long...

edit on 2/25/2014 by TerrorAlertRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Looks like Fort Knox is taking the blame.

Courier-Journal- Louisville "boom" mystery solved

The late-night booms reported around Jefferson and Bullitt counties Monday and early Tuesday were from Fort Knox, a post spokesman said.

A Marine Corps unit at the base training at night, said Ft. Knox spokesman Kyle Hodges.

The unit could continue its training through the end of Thursday but they should be done on Wednesday, he said.

The noise caused by late-night training can be an annoyance for nearby residents, but it is important for the Marines because they are going to see nighttime action and their response in that kind of situation is very different than it would be during the day, Hodges said.

The unit is trying to keep the noise from continuing too late into the night and morning, he added.

“It should be done by midnight each night,” he said.

Reporter Mark Boxley can be reached at (502) 582-4241 or on Twitter at @Boxleyland.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TerrorAlertRed

Yea, there was a lady saying her son was with the Marines practicing, although people who live around Radcliff and the Fort say they heard nothing last night. The thing that gets me is people in Tremble County and Spencer County as well as in Indiana say they heard the booms too. Personally, I heard nothing either but I went to bed around 8pm last night.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As I've stated in previous threads we've been experiencing this in south ga since 2010-11 irrc. Heard by surrounding towns up to 30 miles. The loudest one I have heard felt concussive if that makes any sense. Idk???

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Then you got the news also saying no one is hearing it in Fort Knox ..

And many, many people saying it too,

It is true that we all grew up hearing artillery out of the Fort but I have yet to find even ONE person say they were in that area and heard it, which in and of itself is kind of odd because some are saying they heard it hours away last night too,

Also, going on past midnight ...

These are not isolated reports either. Tons of people are saying the exact same thing in those comment sections. I don't know, it is all very strange. Official sources saying one thing and loads of people saying something else, who knows.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't live in the area, I only want to point out my experience with what's going on in Oklahoma.

A week ago, we were having very frequent small and shallow earthquakes - 3.8 and below - an overall average of 1.35 per hour for five days. These were within a few miles of my house, and they most always occurred immediately preceding a small earthquake.

These are still happening, though much less frequently and mostly much further away, today. From my experience, the boom would come a split second before the ground movement on a very close earthquake. It seemed as if there was a longer delay between the boom and earthquake when the earthquake was further away.

However, we are not hearing booms from earthquakes more than a few miles away at all. Sometimes we still feel a shake from further, stronger quakes - but not a boom. We certainly felt the strongest quake that struck Oklahoma, back a few years ago - and heard that one. The earthquake seemed to last for 20 seconds, and made a low rumbling sound throughout.

This was nothing like the booms we've been hearing - these booms could be mistaken for trucks rumbling by, if not for the fact that you generally hear trucks approaching and leaving growing louder and fainter due to the Doppler effect. This doesn't seem to happen with these earthquake-preceding booms - it's just a low boom all of a sudden with no echo or anything.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is not Ft. Knox. What a bunch of BS. People on the base didn't hear it and yet people a hundred miles away did. These sounds are coming from shallow earthquakes. There is a cover up going on and the more they lie to us it becomes evident. People should be asking why a cover-up? I wouldn't have thought so until they try to spoon feed us this BS. These booms are happening everywhere as one poster said, in GA, and another in OK. Are those from Ft. Knox to?

What about Clintonville, WI?
What about Evansville, IN?
What about Los Angeles the other day?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
One thing that the sheriff is correct about: people need to stop flooding 911 with calls about booms.

Unless the sound has somehow caused a direct actual emergency where you are, calls instead should be directed to their offices, not an emergency center that others who are actually having a REAL emergency need access to.

People should keep that in mind: while they are flooding 911 because they heard a sound, some poor kid might be trying to call because their house is on fire, or mom is laying on the floor hurt badly.

So if you just want to report the sound: call their office. NOT 911 !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join