It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet incomming confirmed! What would you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
If it were anounced that in 4 weeks a comet that will wipe out ALL life on earth and there is nothing we can do about it what would you do?

Concentrate on ways that MANY believe impossible to prevent... its Energy from interfering as best 1 can .. As 1 seeks as much DATA on it- its impact location and current cosmic location if detected non artificial.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

You know, the most amaazing book I ever read on that specific subject was one called Lucifer's Hammer. The guys that wrote that splay out that idea and everything we talk about here is covered. The authors consult physicists and others who help them lend realism to just such a scenario. Fore warning of the big one.

Really really good book. I highly recommend it to others who love disaster scenarios. The best part in the book for me was when a guy looks down on the ground to see he has two shadows... and one of them is moving!

Just like in some of the Russian videos...

11 seconds into here...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Pray...and visit with people I care about...and hope for the best.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'd start smoking again.

Seriously though I just know that I would never be able to accept the end as the end, at least the first week, I would think they are lying and try to find a deep cave somewhere for me and my family or look to what the authorities/government officials were doing if they all left to go somewhere then I think there was a chance and we'd follow. I wouldn't want to spend the last few weeks in denial though so if the authorities looked just as sad i'd have to accept it.

I just cant wrap my brain around the the thought of a definite end but if there was for sure no way and that's that i'd say all the things I never said, i'd do the things i've wanted to do but never did (sky dive, river rafting, maybe i'd try blowfish, get a tattoo, dance in public, wrestle an alligator even)

I'd be with my family, friends and every homeless person with no where to go and any lonely sad people I could find (no one should be alone then). I'd make us all a grand last meal and laugh and cry listen to music, dance and be silly then hopefully we'd go out with a smile on our face and love for one another along with peace in our hearts.

This thought makes me sad and so so scares me, I hope this never comes to be.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Cycles ARE Guided and Overseen. Have FAITH.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'd "go off" my diet.

First, I'd eat a pint of chocolate ice cream, one large pizza, drink six cokes, consume an entire pecan pie, and swill down a six-pack of my favorite German beer.

Then, I'd start thinking about my second meal.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'd have to agree about partying it up like it was the last day on earth. But see, I have such luck, I wouldn't die from the impact, and I would survive the aftermath. With a really, REALLY bad hangover none the less. I know, it sounds like I'm a glutton for punishment, but that's me. What can go wrong will go wrong, But I shall perservere. With a hang over!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I would run/drive to the store/farm, get everything what we need until the end comes -> like 90% of the other people. But because, I´m not the only one who does that for sure. Then if I had a shop, I would fortify it the second I hear the news. Sounds hard. Well, if the shop is open, it will be looted, looters will kill each other over the last pack of flour. So while they are busy gaining entry to the shop, I can get my stuff sorted and vanish. Then they can have the rest.

Everybody, who thinks he can go skydiving, get a tattoo or other stuff where you need someone outstanding to your family or friends, do it now. Why? Well, what would your skymaster, tattoo artist do the day the news comes out of the speaker? .....Exactly, you came to the right conclusion!

edit on 24-3-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I would do the following things, if that was the case:

1) Go out and purchase several cigars, the 60 dollar kind, and enjoy them. Then go to the Nursing home, pick up my mother, contact my family, and arrange one final family reunion, for all of us to meet at the appointed time and place, sit back and watch the fireworks happen, to where when it does, we either survive or die as a family.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Id investigate the situation the best I could and see if it was really true.

If true, I wouldnt be in fear, or apprehension at all. Id be at peace, contemplating what I usually do, the meaning of it all and such things, and simply have patience until the end. Id hope that the comet would hit close to me so I could witness the event first hand.

Id also probably observe others and try to help them "cope" with their inevitable death that they are just now realizing is coming to them personally. Ironic, because our inevitable deaths are coming to each and everyone of us regardless of if we choose to acknowledge it or not, regardless of if we know when or not, but seemingly no one cares to face it and "come to terms" with it until death stands right in front of them, beckoning them on.

Still some try to ignore it.

Im confident there is an "afterlife" and people will go to the place they are most in harmony with, so I have nothing to worry about. Even if the impossibility of "nothing" is the case, then theres STILL "nothing" to worry about

This life is just a flash in the pan anyway. Trying to hold on to life is like trying grab air. Try as much as you like, but no matter how long you try or how hard you try, it will still slip through your fingers as if they werent even there.

edit on 3/24/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

If it were anounced that in 4 weeks a comet that will wipe out ALL life on earth and there is nothing we can do about it what would you do?

start a thread on ATS before bernard shnitzel does.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

The only difference of your hypothetical scenario and the day to day is simply of a time scale, you only need to be alive to start the countdown, consider that and examine your life goals in the light of that realization...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by Xeven

The only difference of your hypothetical scenario and the day to day is simply of a time scale, you only need to be alive to start the countdown, consider that and examine your life goals in the light of that realization...

Oh, I fully intend to drink more, and take stuff (hopefully legal by then) to make life easier and more fun once I retire, as well as spending more time on the beach/water with friends and family. I guess your point has merit indeed.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think he´s trying to say and he´s very wise saying this (because I wrote it, too
) Whatever you like to do or achieve in your life, start with it. It´s like saying sometimes I will own a Ferrari. If you just keep saying it, it won´t happen.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

once I retire

Sometimes it pays not to be optimistic, you only ensured the past, control the present and all you have on the future is hope. I say the future is an illusion that you have little control over and if the goal is to be to see it become a treasured past, that can only be done by actions in the present, the more one wastes the present the less it it have on the exit.

edit on 24-3-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Your example saddens me a little, at best consider not wanting to own the Ferrari but only to experience it...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'd investigate about the impact location and possible bunkers on the other side of the planet. There's no such thing as 100% death rate unless the planet is destroyed. I got my life and i wanna live it. I would do everything to survive, even if it means underground

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

replace "Ferrari" and "own" with any word you like. However, if time has come like in OP scenario, there is no way to pursue most of the things people here wrote. They gonna have a hard time when there will be no one to fly the plane to bring you 4.5km above earth to jump out. It was just a little hint to some of the people here, that seem to blend this out.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As long as it were confirmed to be an ELE...I would engage in complete and unbridled hedonism

I wouldn't loot or steal or anything like that, because what would be the point? I can't take possessions with me to the grave.

I would eat as many new foods as I could, like foie gras, sushi, calamari, pigeon, and anything else Ive never tasted before. I would drink as much high quality alcohol as I could get my grubby mitts on, and live as a nudist/naturist for the entire time I had left.

Basically, I would have the freedom to exist in any manner that I so choose... but I would still respect property rights, even if everything was going to be destroyed anyways.
edit on 3/24/2013 by Dustofenese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would spend alot of time with my family and loved ones.

I would also get out to as many dance parties as I can and dance the night away with many of my wonderful friends and party like I used to back in the day.

I would def go off my diet!

day of impact: I would be in my home, listening to my favorite songs of all time, I would sit there with my cat and wait........BOOM!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join