It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

e-cigs or "Vaping" VS Analog Trad.Cigarettes which do you prefer and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I was a former smoker of traditional cigerettes "analog" for 20 years ..
BUT as of January of this year that ALL changed ..I now am a FULL on Vaper! I have 70 days from no Carcinogens from analog cigs..and have all the freedom in the world to adjust Hundreds of flavor and nicotine strength combinations..!

My question to all you out in ATS land is what do you use e cig or analog and why?
It seems the Fed govt in the US has it out for us vapers and we need all the support we can gather !
edit on 3/24/2013 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I smoke normal cigs right now, I just bought a blu disposable ecig to see if it will help, they are expensive so I may get a kit, but I would like to hope the e-cig can help me ween off of the regular cancer sticks.

So far, I don't see it.. perhaps I will try the v2 e-cig.
edit on 3/24/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Any kind of non-Menthol Marlboro, but specifically Marlboro Red 100's or Newport Red 100's. I also enjoy Pall Malls.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I use a 510 cigar and the Mrs uses ego batteries with ce2 carts cos she got fed up with the tanks.
I have to admit that when my batteries give up I'll switch to the egos and carts as they kick out a huge amount of vapour.
I still roll the odd ciggy now and then but vaping has pushed analogs right down in my preferences.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DjembeJedi

I smoked the gas station e cigs for a while. They were sketchy. They felt kind of broken, so I quit.

I've looked into the more legit ones, such as GreenSmoke brand.

Just skeptical. I won't lie that I gave into the irrational fear that one would "blow up in my face".

.... Which brand do you smoke?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was at a house party last night and two of my relatives had just decided to try and ditch their bad trend of smoking 20 cigs each a day, which is costing them a lot and bought themselves a vapour cigarette which I was intruged to give a try myself and I must say, I was pleasently surprised how similar it 'feel's to smoking an ordinary fag!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This seems like such a touchy subject to me lately. I hesitate to even bring up vaping these days, and I wonder if we are all just real quiet if no one will notice us.

I don't know, I hear that DHS employees are really fond of vaping, and the things are certainly more tactical and just generally better for the health of soldiers, who often run better on a head full of nicotine, so maybe we will be all right. I hope so because...

Vaping Rules!

Plain and simple. It makes smoking seem like a bad nightmare.

It is believed that our ancestors encountered tobacco nearly 18,000 years ago when they crossed the Bering Strait, and they were likely already chawing and smoking on stuff like henbane when they found it.

The the solanaceous plants have been our close companions for thousands of years and we have come up with so many ways to get at their yummy alkaloids.

Vaping is an obvious improvement over the other ways that we get our nicotine, and it makes the others look silly. Vaping is an obvious and very welcome advancement in the way that we enjoy tobacco. I realized again today that I don't cough hack and expectorate all the time.

I try really hard not to say this sort of thing because I know it is tough out there; but if you are still smoking I feel sorry for you. Vaping is also at least half the cost; and that is with one of the good handpieces.

Stay away from the disposable one's from the convenience stores; they will leave you in despair.

My Rig: Provape1, 3.7 volt personal vaporizer. Boge LR 510 cartomizers. Right at the moment; Mr. E. Liquid's Technicolor.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by DjembeJedi

I smoked the gas station e cigs for a while. They were sketchy. They felt kind of broken, so I quit.

I've looked into the more legit ones, such as GreenSmoke brand.

Just skeptical. I won't lie that I gave into the irrational fear that one would "blow up in my face".

.... Which brand do you smoke?

I use eGo 1000mAh twist battery with kanger clearomizers and Iclear 30 tank with a TON of different Juices..if you leave the idea of the Gas station Cigs at the door and look into a more viable but pricy version Like an ego kit from many online retailers I guarantee you will LOVE Vaping! I can pm you some websites if you want! Im not a rep for any company's by the way! lol

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
I smoke normal cigs right now, I just bought a blu disposable ecig to see if it will help, they are expensive so I may get a kit, but I would like to hope the e-cig can help me ween off of the regular cancer sticks.

So far, I don't see it.. perhaps I will try the v2 e-cig.
edit on 3/24/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

Skip out on the Trad Cigarette looking kits..go for a more amped up version Like an eGo kit.they are put out but hundreds of different companies and it then leaves you open to try out the Hundreds of different e-juice company out there..I can PM you some websites if your interested!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I consider this Fellow Nick (GrimmGreen) To be one of the GO TO GUY's on the Subject of vaping..he reviews and has advice on any part of the vaping community!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
you cant go wrong with an ego brand ecig
gas station cigarette look a likes might work 30-40 %
ego works 70-80 % $30.00 -40.00 dollars
provari or evic 95-100% $100-150 dollars

if you really want to try it don't even waste a second or a dollar on the gas station ones there just toys
ego you will always find a use for even if you buy one of the more expensive ones

guy that does reviews and will teach you lots www.youtube.com...

place with not bad pricing www.ecigexpress.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
one of the main suppliers of eliquid www.myfreedomsmokes.com...

a forum to get lots of info and hear quit smoking stories www.e-cigarette-forum.com...

vape for life
edit on 24-3-2013 by dean007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I got an eGo-C set as a gift recently.

It's got the tapered type "A" filler top.
Lots of options with this model.

Works great.

I cut down on cigs from 1 pack a day to 1 pack in 3 days now.

Great at work also. Cigs are banned indoors.

I use the "VG" blends. Less harsh taste !

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I am being really bad right now and am severely rocking one of Mr. E's 12mg creations. It's almost too strong.

I hope that everyone gets a chance to try vaping.

I know what it is like; you only have so much money and you need the smokes. If you spend the money on the smokes, you can't save it long enough to get a vaporizer; so you keep smoking. You see the disposable unit at the drug store, and you spend the money on it instead of a pack of smokes. You take the thing home, and although you realize that it is delivering enough nic to curb the cravings, it still sucks. It doesn't hit the spot.

You need more voltage.

I get my carts here, their juice is the best in the world, but too pricey for me to vape everyday. they do, on the other hand, have ridiculous cheap prices on cartomizers, and some cheap handpeices, some of which have variable voltage over 4.0. They sell them under, 'Batteries', go there for sure.

Also, my main men in Detroit, Mr. E Liquid, they have reasonable prices on everything, and at one time they even had disposable variable handpieces, for the really stubborn doubters. They also have stellar e-juice priced right. They are my daily vape.

Best of luck to all ATS members.

I learned about E-Cigs on ATS and I am grateful to the helpful members from that time.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I think its Stellar you were introduced to Vaping by ATS members!
I hope this Thread will start the same energy in motion for others not keen to the FANTASTIC experience a good MOD,Tank and juice can give you!
I am in LOVE with vaping!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
All Good Info here.

Vaping is the way to go.

It's the future,"Primitive" high tech from sci-fi like S.T.TOS, except it's now.

In the 70's they smoked on Spaceships.

Now we know they were Vaping

It takes the edge off all the Addictive sides of Smoking Cigarettes.

The bottle of liquid lasts a long time,

I smoke roll ups, so I don't like the cigarette size to it.

and it's a bit too heavy for me.

But you get what you pay for,

The more you pay, the more likely you are to use it.

And 1 cigarette not smoked is 15 minutes added onto your miserable existence.

...Or 15 mins more of your wonderful banter with us on ATS

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I use a Joyetech 510-T with manual mega batteries. I've been vaping for a month and half and I love it. Occasionally I have a analogue ciggy - maybe one a day or one every two days .... depending on how I feel with nic withdrawl. I was a 25-30 cigs a day smoker for 20 years.

I mix my own juices - 50/50 PG and VG with food flavourings ... most of my juices are zero nicotine because I like to chain vape and the nicotine makes me nauseous. I keep a sepearate tank loaded with 4mg nicotine juice to fight off cravings in effort to avoid that analogue. This is quite effective most of the time. Analogue cigarettes taste disgusting to me now, and I never use tobacco flavours in my e-cigs ... tho "Mary Jane" is one of my favourites for when I want a break from the sweet liquids.

Right now I'm vaping "Red Bull"
edit on 25/3/2013 by MsVen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsVen
I use a Joyetech 510-T with manual mega batteries. I've been vaping for a month and half and I love it. Occasionally I have a analogue ciggy - maybe one a day or one every two days .... depending on how I feel with nic withdrawl. I was a 25-30 cigs a day smoker for 20 years.

I mix my own juices - 50/50 PG and VG with food flavourings ... most of my juices are zero nicotine because I like to chain vape and the nicotine makes me nauseous. I keep a sepearate tank loaded with 4mg nicotine juice to fight off cravings in effort to avoid that analogue. This is quite effective most of the time. Analogue cigarettes taste disgusting to me now, and I never use tobacco flavours in my e-cigs ... tho "Mary Jane" is one of my favourites for when I want a break from the sweet liquids.

Right now I'm vaping "Red Bull"
edit on 25/3/2013 by MsVen because: (no reason given)

Fantastic! I really happy to hear the Vaping has helped with your smoking cessation..I wonder if you tried 12mg or 08 mg nicotine if your cravings would stop as well as nausea from over vaping? No matter what though STICK WITH IT!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yes I have some 8mg and 12mg mixes and they definately work to stop any cravings, and sure, I dont "chain vape" then.

I was vaping for 10 days before my nicotine arrived from China. I had 5 analogues in those 10 days. It occurred to me that I had often succeeded in vaping past the majority of cravings without nicotine - resulting in only one ciggy every two days for that fix. However, by putting nicotine in the tank, it meant I was getting nicotine with every drag again. Sure I didnt use the vape as often and didnt crave the analogue cigs at all, but it also didnt challenge my ability to get thru the cravings without nicotine.

AND, because I actually enjoy vaping A LOT, adding nicotine took away the option to 'chain-vape' when I felt inclined. I actually felt like I was missing out - I must have a nervous issue because I dont mind chain-vaping ... I love the flavours and it's really refreshing - especially first thing in the morning. So I went back to zero-nic e-cigs, with a light mg one on the side, and the occassional lapse to an analogue when I cant resist that urge any longer. Maybe a stronger mg in that e-cig on the side will make it easier to resist the analogue altogether. I will try, and thanks for the encouraging words!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MsVen

you are VERY welcome! I'm on a personal mission to bring as many "analog" smokers over to the wonderful world of Vaping!
Please try the difference in your nicotine mg's and let me know how your doin! It encourages me to hear others and how they are coping with not using analogs! Keep it up! Your lungs LOVE you for it!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join