It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Politically Correct is out of Control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
Am wondering if it will ever be politically incorrect to call people who question things as "nutters" or "conspiracy nuts" ?

As you have typed that they probably already DRAFTED IT IN.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've given up on being politically correct a long time ago. No matter what you do, it's going to offend some people, no matter how politically correct you're trying to be. We don't need it anymore.

At the end of day, you can't impress everybody.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Political Correctness was the beginning of the agenda to control every aspect of our lives and create a society based around an ideology of a central government controlling a mass of people devoid of individual thought. It doesn't matter whether it is in the UK, America or the European Soviet Union, the way TPTB work is to first create policies that for the most part, many would agree with, such policies as the initial Hate Crime laws, where many would say absolutely, racially abusing or racially motivated attacks isn't justified and so at the start it was more about racist behaviour. These policies serve to divide the masses, allow certain aspects of a society of drones to be created e.g. uncontrolled immigration and most importantly, increase control. However, nobody sees like that because it is masked as a law that promotes equality, what that equality really means is the start of a two tier system, 1% at the top, 99% in the gutter.

Once a public friendly policy/amendment has been put in place as law, that is when they expand it and the expansion is limitless. Hate Crime then becomes about perception, if it is perceived that the verbal/physical attack was considered to be racially motivated, then it is to be charged as so, keep in mind the lack of evidence needed. Once the basis of charging is placed on perception rather than actual evidence, you can covertly expand that to other crimes. Once you create a policy based around discrimination, you can expand that to not just include race and religion, sex, age, disability, sexuality all things that people would generally be for, but it doesn't stop there, it can include the denial of historical events, of course people would be for the denial of such horrific events, but then where does that stop? The answer is, it doesn't.

Now that the foundation is in place, they continue to expand, as I said, these policies, once in place, have limitless room for expansion, its about getting the foundation past before installing the real laws and policies that they want to install. You see, once the public friendly political correctness is in place, even though by this point there is a growing minority that are questioning just how much restriction there is on what can be said and acted with the perception of being discriminatory, that’s when they start adding the noose, you can't say anything against government or state without it being considered treason, you can't say anything against the President without being labelled a traitor or with Obama, a racist traitor. You cant question anything without being a bigot, a racist etc. It's all about control and all about moulding a society.

It was the same here in the UK, the Stephen Lawrence murder was totally taken over and used as a tool to create policies and laws that were/are totally Draconian in nature and totally against White British, but with the media in overdrive and the minorities in riot mode, it worked a treat and plus many White British agreed with many of the policies, unaware of just how destructive they are. It set the course for uncontrolled immigration and the destruction of nationalism for the sake of the EU Soivet state that only now is seeing a backlash. What amazes me is still to this day, people aren't aware of the truth regarding that crime and events leading to it. However, this was my first exposure to just how everything is manipulated once it can be used by the government. Funny enough, two members of the gang were convicted recently for the murder of Stephen Lawrence on evidence that was totally based around perception...the exact result that all policies and laws that come about from this very murder almost 20 years ago were set about to achieve.

Take it from me, a guy who has been in front line duty for quite some time, PC may sound fair, but its not, its another part of the foundation that is needed to create a totalitarian state. Remember, today you, tomorrow me.

edit on 26-3-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm going to say something that everyone will be offended at, But will probably agree with and it is that Multiculturalism has Never worked and will never work.

people of other cultures are just too damn violent for their own good!

Look at the Lebanese and Italian for example they up and maim and/or kill each other on the street over the pettiest of things!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fr33kSh0w2012
I'm going to say something that everyone will be offended at, But will probably agree with and it is that Multiculturalism has Never worked and will never work.

people of other cultures are just too damn violent for their own good!

Look at the Lebanese and Italian for example they up and maim and/or kill each other on the street over the pettiest of things!

Multiculturalism can never work, because there must always be an Alpha culture, its the way of all things. Britain gets classed as a Multicultural society, it is not, how can it be when still well over 80% of the country is white British? It's all BS! What TPTB want to do is create a generic culture to spread across the world as part of the New World Order, wiping out all nations identities starting with the hardest to conquer, the Western world, but it won't work and instead will create more wars, conflicts and needless deaths than probably at any other point in the history of Human conflict. We are all different, end of, we have our own country of origin of which those differences are common and everyday. We should embrace what is great about our own country and our culture and respect all other cultures around the world, but to force them together and to take part in what is currently Western world social and cultural engineering, but will evantually be global social engineering, is to play God and that will never have a happy ending.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It is not Multicultural until everyone is equal in a country, and that has not happened yet.

anyway to address PC, I really don't care what they call the holidays, as long your family celebrates it for what it is.

Why would you want someone of different culture to say it like they were part of your religion? who cares if they call it winter break, you can call it Christmas break.

I'm, not sure where this is coming from, but in Canada, a very a Multiculturally stable country(than most), we still have Christmas tress in mall, and see non Christians wishing merry Christmas... to people, including most Christians, its a commercialized holiday.

Slight, somewhat PC is needed, otherwise it would be Type A forcing Type B to do something.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
For some reason every time there is a political correct discussion I think of that oh-so-weird movie "Videodrome"
the one with Blondie. It's like all sublimate messages are coming through the internet now instead of cheap thrill television.

It's been 30 years now does anyone know what happened at the end?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I totally agree with this persons topic.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj

Agree. I can't keep up with it. Just the other day I overheard a conversation where someone was talking about a very nice Black gentleman. The other person said, "Whoa! Don't ever call them that to their faces! The politically correct term is African American."

"No," said the first person, "the term was African American, and now they want to be called Black."

I don't know which is correct.

I've always found this one funny. Some elderly people still call me "negro" and "coloured", sometimes even "half-caste" (it can be hard to tell lol) but none of them bother me at all.

There are people with learning/social disabilities who can't tell, but generally one knows what someone means through tone and body language, rather than the actual words being said. Even how they're worded makes more of a difference than the statement itself. But maybe I'm just more tolerant of intolerance, who knows?

Even still, there are certain things that are obviously inappropriate to say or do to others based on certain factors such as ethnicity, gender, religion etc. If policies are made in public institutions to prevent these occurrences, then I'm all for it. It just needs common sense in judging what's harmfully offensive to go with it.
edit on 26-3-2013 by ihavenoaccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was watching Fox News a few weeks back and I remember them talking about who the new pope could be. The woman said, with a straight face: "an African American born in Africa living in Italy". And then it hit me... No wonder Obama doesn't need a BC! Simply being black makes you both African and American!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
When i clicked this topic, I assumed you were from europe. Over here even art gets sensored by 'multicultural' parties, because it just 'might' offend someone from a minority group. Even great pieces of art were removed for this reason, after not getting any complaints in many years. I'm just trying to speak out my digust to PC selfsensorship. europe is losi g its identity. America, learn from this!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The people it's supposed to spare from getting offended, usually aren't being offended. That's the worse part, it's a small annoying group that decided they will get offended on behalf of everyone else. They're some kind of uber-progressives that woke up one day and decided they'll be the champions for all the people of the world. And the folks that back them use it to install their form of communism, bit by bit.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

Being politically correct today is starting to get out of control.

Agree. I can't keep up with it. Just the other day I overheard a conversation where someone was talking about a very nice Black gentleman. The other person said, "Whoa! Don't ever call them that to their faces! The politically correct term is African American."

"No," said the first person, "the term was African American, and now they want to be called Black."

I don't know which is correct.

I was just thinking about this. How come we have to say African-American, Mexican- American, Asian-American ect?

White people don't get offended if they're called "white". They don't say "oh! I prefer to be called Caucasian-American!".

it's so dumb.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
Being politically correct today is starting to get out of control.

Has anyone noticed that in the past decade or so the Politically Correct (PC) is getting out of hand.

Yes it has.

I seen a clip on this subject on Fox News and it got me thinking about all the PC stuff we do as a nation not to offend someone.

Well stop watching Fox News for one thing.

Schools are the worst offenders in being PC, since when do you call it winter vacation or Holiday vacation, for years upon years we all called it what it was CHRISTMAS VACATION, the best one I heard is it’s a “Holiday Tree”, like the guy said on FOX “What Holiday is the tree for then” for those liberals it’s a “CHRISTMAS TREE” , Really we took down the Christmas trees in the airports not to offend any one, Me personally I like to see the difference in each culture when I went through airports

I remember our schools calling it Christmas or Winter Break when I was growing up...I'm in my 30s now.

Just like Easter, the schools have been calling it spring break, instead of Easter Break. Correct me if I am wrong but most of the holidays that are listed on the calendar in the United States are holidays that have been celebrate here for the last century or more.

I never remember hearing it called Easter Break, it was ALWAYS Spring Break.......I do live in FL and SB is a big thing here since so many come here for it. Kids of all ages not just teens come with their families.

Like I was saying the schools are the worst offenders everything that has to deal with a religion or not they change the meaning of the Holiday, it’s like the schools are starting to brain wash our kids to be politically correct and before you know it the holidays will not have a meaning.

Oh I hear ya on this. It is a bit nuts now. I saw somewhere where they wanted to do away with Valentines Day cards in class so kids who didn't get as much as some weren't offended or didn't feel left out. We coddle kids way too much if you ask me today. I loved Valentines Day in school, every passed out little Valentines Day cards to their friends. Yes some got more than others but who cares!

I don’t complain about Kwanza or Hanukah, so why are people complaining about the American Holidays?

Agreed!!!

My opinion is if you are in the United States it’s your choice to celebrate them or not but don’t tell us your offended by them, you would be the first one to complain that you did not get Easter off from work, or you had to work during Christmas or the 4th of July.

Agreed here as well....

Also if you come to the US then you should respect the customs here or GO HOME! I have been to a few foreign countries and I'm not about to tell them to change their customs and ways because they don't go along with my beliefs. People today expect everyone and everything around them to cater to their needs and wants. If you don't like the holidays celebrated here then go home or leave. Too many people today get offended over the dumbest things. I'm not in the least bit religious and I can't stand Christmas but i'm not going to tell places to stop celebrating it becasue I don't like it!

So ATS what is your opinion about being Politically correct? Like to hear your thoughts on this

I think people today need to grow back bones and thicker skin and stop getting so pissy over the small things.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Great Post!

Heck yes, I see the agenda and I don't like people subliminally guiding my thoughts and ideals through the ever shrinking limitations that are placed on ones who conforms to the acceptable word usage of the day. The MSM and TPTB are the dictators of political correctness.

I have no problem referring to a human en utero as a fetus, but dare I call this an unborn. preborn baby, or worst a baby, I will feel the wrath of the abortion activists. Dehumanization in progress. That comment might anger some Pro-Choice people, but it is a reality I have experienced.

Whenever anyone corrects my speech and gives me the more suitable word to use I question their motivation.

I hope you always have the freedom to say what you think. Don't let society make your thoughts be narrow. Stay genuine and unique, even if you do pi$$ people off. "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

I foresee a time when speech will be limited to options much like a multiple choice test and enforced with punishment for stepping over the line of what is acceptable even when innocent harmless phrases are used that do not comply with the structure of the institutions that run our lives.

Our rights are being stripped away and I see it every single day when I read the news. Freedom of speech is being cut away like mincing onions. Hardly perceptible unless you look closely.

I God I trust, not man.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
As I was reading through this thread it occured to me how many activities and craft projects my daughter, who is now 23 yrs., did in school that were very focused on the Christmas and Easter holidays. I'm sure many of us parents out there still treasure the Christmas ornaments and bunny projects our children brought us home from school.

I wonder if those types of projects and activities are PC any longer in public schools? Do they still have Christmas pagents, where the kids all sing Christmas songs? If we have any young parents or teachers that could enlighten me I would be curious to hear how this whole PC thing works these days?

While I'm all for children being taught diversity, and encouraged to not say or do hurtful things to others, I'm uncomfortable with how it is being "enforced"......some lessons kids need to learn and work out themselves....when I was in grade school I was being teased by a girl at school, when I came home crying my Dad told me the whole " you need to stand up to bullies" thing, and the next day I did...my 1st and only fist fight...but you know what, after that I never took crap from a bully ever again, and stood up for other kids too.

Now if my parents would have run down to the school, would me and this girl have learned anything? This girl ended up being my friend, and she became a very nice person that didn't bully people anymore. I don't know, in extreme cases adults need to get involved, and I'm not advocating or encouraging violence...in my case that was an important lesson, she hit me and I hit her back....lol....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join