It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Homeland Security Insider Update: "It Has Begun."

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by divideandconquer
Well, while you make some very good points, you seem to dismiss black budget as if it doesn't exist. It does.
It also seems as if you believe the official story regarding 9/11, therefore, validating the existence of DHS, the Patriot Act, etc. I don't buy the official story, therefore, question the existence of DHS itself, not to mention, even one bullet that they order.

My point is that the government has given us no reason to trust them, and evidence is not exactly readily available to the common man, so please point me to this evidence that lays it all out, explaining the need to order one hollow point bullet, let alone millions or billions.

You can make all the assumptions you want about what I believe or dont believe. I have never stated anything of the sort, so you dont really have any clue as to what my feelings are about it. So that whole argument is completely irrelevant.

As far as off-the-book budgeting, its probably the world's worst kept secret. The amount that exists, who knows ... its doubtful that we'll ever know. But again, this has nothing to do with any argument that I have made.

My points in this thread have remained the same from the start - regardless of your trusting or not trusting of the government. DHS isnt getting 2700+ MRAPs, and the ammunition issue has been GROSSLY misrepresented. I dont even know what the government has said about the ammo order, as looking at the contracts themselves and having an understanding of how government contracts work is a hell of a lot more reliable than listening to someone put their spin on things.
edit on 28-3-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Did they order any hollow points? If so, why?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Did they order any hollow points? If so, why?

I believe they did order a certain amount of JHP ammunition.

Are you aware of why this is a GOOD thing?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

no

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

no

JHP ammunition concentrates its stopping power at the point of impact, with a severe lack of ability to go through and through a target. Less of a chance of peripheral loss of property or life. I'd love to see everyone using this stuff.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wait, are you saying that it contains the violence to the target? I've heard that argument before, however, I also know that hollow-points rip apart the insides of its target, as if you put that person's organs in a blender. Not exactly the most humane way to shoot someone.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Wait, are you saying that it contains the violence to the target? I've heard that argument before, however, I also know that hollow-points rip apart the insides of its target, as if you put that person's organs in a blender. Not exactly the most humane way to shoot someone.

If someone is pulling the trigger on a firearm, they need to be shooting to kill, not to wound. If a round contains its destruction to the intended target, mission accomplished. The last thing that I would want to see happen is for a round to go through the intended target and hit an unintended target.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Okay, I have read this thread almost in it's entirety. Here is what should scare the hell out of you and if it doesn't maybe you would be inclined to tell us why!

The govt. purchased 1.6 billion rounds of ammo and has plans to purchase another 360,000...Before you get upset with me for repeating the obvious, has anyone here bothered to question the "type" of ammo acquired
by DHS?

These are hollow point bullets people! Not your standard bullet by far! Hollow points have one purpose; to do as much damage possible after entering it's target, it actually mushrooms inside the victim.

When DHS was asked,about the amount and type of ammo purchased here is how they responded.

Although the DHS has attempted to explain its mammoth purchase of ammunition by claiming the bullets are being acquired in bulk to save money and that they are for training purposes only, this has been disputed by reputable voices such as former Marine Richard Mason, who told reporters with WHPTV News in Pennsylvania earlier this month, “We never trained with hollow points, we didn’t even see hollow points my entire four and a half years in the Marine Corps.” Hollow point bullets are more expensive than regular firing range bullets, therefore the DHS’ explanation that it is buying huge quantities in bulk to “save money” doesn’t make sense.marketdailynews

So to all the people saying "this is much ado about nothing", I am begging you to please explain the intent of the DHS..

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by divideandconquer

Yes! That is all they ordered! Every round is a hollow-point!

Pax

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WrathShadow

Beware, the gun bill wasn't shot down. It barely didn't go through. The yea's vs nay's were VERY close.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Okay, I have read this thread almost in it's entirety. Here is what should scare the hell out of you and if it doesn't maybe you would be inclined to tell us why!

The govt. purchased 1.6 billion rounds of ammo and has plans to purchase another 360,000...Before you get upset with me for repeating the obvious, has anyone here bothered to question the "type" of ammo acquired
by DHS?

These are hollow point bullets people! Not your standard bullet by far! Hollow points have one purpose; to do as much damage possible after entering it's target, it actually mushrooms inside the victim.

When DHS was asked,about the amount and type of ammo purchased here is how they responded.

Although the DHS has attempted to explain its mammoth purchase of ammunition by claiming the bullets are being acquired in bulk to save money and that they are for training purposes only, this has been disputed by reputable voices such as former Marine Richard Mason, who told reporters with WHPTV News in Pennsylvania earlier this month, “We never trained with hollow points, we didn’t even see hollow points my entire four and a half years in the Marine Corps.” Hollow point bullets are more expensive than regular firing range bullets, therefore the DHS’ explanation that it is buying huge quantities in bulk to “save money” doesn’t make sense.marketdailynews

So to all the people saying "this is much ado about nothing", I am begging you to please explain the intent of the DHS..

Thanks,
Pax

I'd have to go back through the contracts to see if every round was hollow point, but for a moment here, lets assume that you are correct with this.

As I stated in my above post, it would be a good thing. I'll explain it again - if a person is shooting at another person, they should be shooting to kill, not to wound. Firing a JHP round will reduce the chance of that round going through your target and to another unintended target. Maximum stopping power at the point of impact, less chance of peripheral damage. There is absolutely nothing bad about that.

And as a side note ... its no surprise that a Marine would not see JHP rounds while he was in. These are not legal for use in international armed conflict, by treaty. I would imagine that the only Marines that would be anywhere near JHP rounds *MIGHT* be MPs that are on post in the US, and only in their sidearms.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You hear this every month basically, it's not gonna happen

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenpachi7
You hear this every month basically, it's not gonna happen

Says the guy who believes that North Korea doesn't exist......................right...............................................

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

All eyes on October, apparently.

FBI Director Fears 9/11-Style Attack On US
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Zcustosmorum
started on 8/23/2013 @ 12:28 PM

Maybe this is what all the buzz about the end of September through the end of October is about. They're saying the DHS et al is gearing up for martial law. All that ammunition. All those MRE's. All that training. All by October 1st. Google it.

Maybe the nasdaq/nyse and the other internet outages of late are tests for implementing the "internet kill switch".

"Nasdaq Halts All Trading" One Week Prior To "Bernanke's Getting Out Of Dodge". Related?
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 8/23/2013 @ 02:13 AM

My OP:

Are these two events related?

Nasdaq halts all trading
by WeBrooklyn
started on 8/22/2013 @ 02:34 PM

Bernanke's getting out of Dodge?
by MidnightTide
started on 4/21/2013 @ 09:47 PM

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will miss the annual Jackson Hole monetary policy symposium this year due to a scheduling conflict, skipping the prestigious event for the first time since taking the helm of the central bank in 2006.

The conference, held in late August in the splendor of the Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, draws top central bankers from around the world. Bernanke's absence would mark the first time in 25 years that a Fed chairman has not attended.

A Fed spokeswoman, responding to a Reuters enquiry, said the chairman was currently not planning to attend because of a personal scheduling conflict.
www.reuters.com...

Jackson Hole economic summit in Wyoming 2013
Thursday 29 August to Saturday 31 August 2013

And a couple videos concerning the end of September 2013 through the end of October 2013, the DHS ammunition and MRE purchases for region 3 and the like.

www.jeffhead.com...
www.whitehouse.gov...
www.dhs.gov...
www.lewrockwell.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join