It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Homeland Security Insider Update: "It Has Begun."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

yes, but the landscape of the US is MUCH different than Europe. You have woods right behind lots of houses and areas. You have woods and trails that are easy to use and not well known.

Did you know that the main munitions manufacturing site for the confederate army was housed WITHIN occupied territory by the north for a large part of the war. It never stopped producing munitions and wasnt discovered until almost a hundred years AFTER the war?

also do you think that people will load a station wagon and take a high way?
lol

no.

In my my parents old house I could use the woods behind it and get more than halfway across town under dense forest cover. That was in NY not too far from the city. Now think to the rest of the US.

Also there are things like old train tracks and VERY old trails that are impossible to patrol regularly. We have MANY river ways that are too commercial to shut down, or stop every ship that passes through.

You are not taking siege of a medieval city. You have to deploy A HUGE force for every town.

As far as biological weapons? You are not trained, or trained very well...are you.

You WANT that territory. You cant use biological weapons on your own land.....unless you want to say good bye to your own troops. You CAN NOT fight in a biologically contaminated area for long. You withdraw and wait...thats it.

Also, what troops do you think they will be using? Robots? If they are American, you just gave your opposition an armed force now turned against you....foreign troops? Even better. Get some. After trying to take a few towns their losses would be worse than if it were Kosovo.

You can not take the US by force. Even during the civil war the losses were too great too bear. The north was in no condition to keep fighting and would have failed if they didnt have help from abroad and from a slave army they "freed".

Now, think what would happen in Europe if the US went into civil war....nothing? Those foreign troops would be busy at home soon enough. What about the Middle east? Would they wait to see who won? China? Russia?

Our opposition would find itself surrounded and screwed like Hitler in a Russian winter.

There is also the fact that the US would never be completely under your control. Read up on Churchill´s thoughts about the US civil war. He studied it extensively. HE would agree with me.

edit on 25-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444

Thank you!!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

You really see DHS "cops" in Syracuse?
Damn...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
No it is not the economy. It is the transfer of wealth from the middle classs to the Elite. Theft. and it started years ago. It is just happening faster now.

Also, they are not in control. They are afraid. They are reacting to a problem which they are the greatest losers. The banks are collapsing and are zombies... No one would do that on purpose.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica
When everything finally does fall and SHTF, for lack of a better term, a second civil war will be inevitable and I'm sure the DHS knows that. What confuses me is how they think they can win a war with 300,000,000 members. It will be citizen vs. the government and there are far more civilians than government employees (about 2 Million as of last March). Granted a lot of the sheeple will be scared and turn to Big Brother for shelter and survival (probably by trading in weapons and information to secure resources) there will still be at least, at the very least, 10 times more people on the civilian side.

Not that I'm wishing another civil war on us, war is terrible - its a waste of time, energy, and resources. But if the gov'ts grip continues to tighten, as we all learned in our history classes, rebellion is sure to follow.

Even with a 100:1 govt. winning kill ratio, the fedgov runs out of people in 3 weeks with 100% loyalty. That is not taking into account the 30% that don't run back home to protect their families. Because DHS insiders are on both sides and the patriot side has access to the same data as the fascist, corporatist side. The patriot side knows to divide the forces you start publicly executing the wives and children, mothers and fathers of the fascists. Real war sucks. Read about what happened during the American revolutionary war of neighbor vs. neighbor.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

OP: Could you please put up links to your sources?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
......We should not assume to much one way or the other. The hearts of men are strange. I see some of the current and former military being on the side of the people. Many many will stay with uncle Sam. The population of the US will be split at some percentage closer to the middle than many of us like to think. I can see the gov't surrounding a city and using propaganda to convince the small armies already in most major cities (The street gangs) to take over the city. The gov't has the ability to divide the people based on race, class, religion anything really. Like minded pockets of people will be OK, but I think major cities would be in real trouble based on the lack of unity of the people living there.

The powers that be have the ability to make many people believe they are fighting them when they are really aiding them.

I hope this never happens but if they keep grabbing guns, attacking preppers, calling patriot groups radical and the economy tanks, I think it is a possibility. But I do not think it will be within the next couple of years, they still have many things to get into place first.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

For the last six months, the coming economic collapse has been the talk of many in our little town. All one needs to do is go sit in a cafe for awhile and listen. I've heard many conversations over the winter among mostly our elderly folks. They know. They see it coming. They are not stupid. My boyfriend says he sees people buying up water like it's going out of style. This is something more common in summer months, not winter. People are buying so much canned goods at our two stores, that they cannot keep it stocked! We went in two days ago and the campbells display was nearly empty of soup. Canned chicken and tuna has been hard to find. I have never seen it this way in the stores. I've lived here all my life.

The general idea I have gotten over the winter has been, many people are getting ready. Which is a good thing.

As for guns, I don't think they care anymore if we hand them over. They are filling our heads with drones, drones, drones to scare the populace. A tank rolling down the street, a drone above ready to bomb your house and your children is enough to make some lay down their guns.

I think we are heading for scary times if things do not change. I do not want doom, nor do I thrive on it or want to entertain it!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I have believed this would happen for a while, I regularly post things on facebook that go unanswered/shared or commented on regarding government. Please send me the information you have I am interested in it. [email protected]

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cybro

Well only slightly delusional. The mass of the country will roll over and play dead or hop when told to jump! OK no your right maybe some of the South here in the U.S would rise up.. for about a minute and then they would be no more..

BUT FIRST!! They must get the people at each others throats through race and Politically correct hogwash. They want and need a civil war before they can send in the troops to "help stop the ongoing violence of the people" of course!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

This all sounds good and motivational, but tell this to your average American and he'll stare at you like a dog that's been shown a card trick. No, seriously, people don't have a clue on what's going on. I know this is preaching to the choir, but take it from me, I'm right in the middle of the new generation going through college and ready to save the day.

My God. Could I be anymore wrong. Not only are these people almost completely disconnected from reality, they're like retarded monkeys who constantly procreate like it's the only thing they're supposed to do in life. They're completely fu***!

Not only are these kids completely distracted with sex and materialism, these kids actually support Big Bother or view Government as some sort of father figure because they're up to their heads in # creek with fear constantly plaguing them.

Well anyway, I don't want to sound all doom and gloom, and I know there's quite a bit of "awake" people out of the 300 million, but, but, I just don't know if I can believe things will get better. I don't possibly see how we break the system, then make a new one that's incorruptible.

I mean Jesus H. Chirst, look at the people around you! Dumber then dumb!

Well anyway.. that's about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ok...now I'm scared....

Why, well, how do I say this without trying to be a fear monger.....

This Friday, I was at the VA clinic and met up with an old retired friend/co-worker that was a straight laced Gung Ho E-9. He is now working at the local DHS center for the Assistant Director for the Homeland Protection Services local center as a contractor. He didn't go into details and he didn't reveal anything critical about any plans in the works at DHS as his job would be on the line.

What he did say to me, while we talked about the State of the Union and the amount of increasing DHS forces in the local area "looking for terrorists", was that if I can move out of the US soon, it might be a good decision, since I told him that I have that as an option. He said he can leave the US too and was seriously contemplating doing so.

It's the way he told me, without telling me anything, after thinking about it, that made me start to shake from dread. I've known him for a while and don't think he is pulling my leg with his advice.

Time to prepare for leaving the country..... darn

Sirric

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
you have to wonder what the local police & state LEO think about being told that there regular assignments are being taken over by the DHS
Im sure they are in the dark to on the real ajenda

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I believe something is going on but how can readers take any of this seriously when every article references the erroneous "1.6 billion rounds". Please get it straight and stop regurgitating what you read in the mainstream media. The contract was for 1600M. In the government contractors handbook it clearly states a quantity of M=50. The order was for 1600 50 round boxes. If you cant research this simple fact, what else are you falsely repeating? All the people stating such off basis "facts" makes me think the false numbers are government members fear-mongering to cause some type of civil unrest.... If you can't verify facts on your own, you deserve what you get.
edit on 25-3-2013 by jiggysmb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
At what point did DHS receive Police training to issue speeding tickets?. Are they qualified to make arrests too?.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggysmb

I know. We have covered this ground before, but these days seems the rhetoric is as catching as a cold. Even the bit about 1700 AMRAPS was shown to be an order for an upgrade to units all ready in the field in Afghanistan. I don't have the thread stored where this was discussed recently... but would it matter?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
Ok...now I'm scared....

This Friday, I was at the VA clinic and met up with an old retired friend/co-worker that was a straight laced Gung Ho E-9. He is now working at the local DHS center for the Assistant Director for the Homeland Protection Services local center as a contractor. He didn't go into details and he didn't reveal anything critical about any plans in the works at DHS as his job would be on the line.

What he did say to me, while we talked about the State of the Union and the amount of increasing DHS forces in the local area "looking for terrorists", was that if I can move out of the US soon, it might be a good decision, since I told him that I have that as an option. He said he can leave the US too and was seriously contemplating doing so.

It's the way he told me, without telling me anything, after thinking about it, that made me start to shake from dread. I've known him for a while and don't think he is pulling my leg with his advice.

Time to prepare for leaving the country..... darn

Sirric
what sucks about this if its real is im stuck in florida , my son is in new england & my sis is in arizona , it will be a bitch to get us all together if the SHTF & we need to leave

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
People also seem to think that the government went in and just said "Uhh, we'll take X amount of this, X amount of that. Total of 1.6 billion rounds. Thanks!" These contracts for purchases are for X amount over a period of time, ranging from 3 to 5 years.

And for those of you that want to blame the "ammo shortage" on this, take this into account: there are roughly 5.5 billion rounds of small arms ammunition produced in the United States each year. For these purposes, we'll call the average delivery period on these contracts as 4 years. 5.5 billion x 4 = 22 billion. So the government is purchasing 1.6 billion rounds out of a total pool of 22 billion. And many blame the shortage solely on this? THAT is some messed up math. The shortage is because of both genuine fear and fearmongering that are prompting the average (and not-so-average) gun owner to stockpile.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I have been saying this for years. We argue over politicians and political organizations and affiliations but it's just distraction from what's really going on. There are no longer differences between the major political parties, None of them have our best interest at heart. You can continue to vote and pretend you know better.

Thank you! Its only a distraction

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
edit
edit on 25-3-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join