It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most overrated shows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok, one more thread, then I'll stop on this topic. What do people consider the most overrated shows ever?

for me, the list starts and ends with 'Friends'. I just never understood why it was so popular.

Dis-honorable mention: Dexter (I know, blasphemy), Six Feet Under, Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Another one: Glee. Awful. Just awful. If it werent for Jane Lynch, it would be unbearable.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Overrated?

Dexter and The Office.

Everybody Loves Raymond is just crap... crap that sounds like kermit.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Overrated?

Dexter and The Office.

Everybody Loves Raymond is just crap... crap that sounds like kermit.

I agree on two of the three...I like the office. It has gone downhill since Steve Carrel left, but I still like it.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thought of another one:
Lost.

Just awful writing. Ive never seen a show that opens so many doors only to never mention them again. I hated it. I really hated it.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'll kill you all for saying Dexter.

I vote for Glee. What a pile of crap...and all reality shows.
edit on 24-3-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Days of Our Lives

Greys Anatomy

Vampire Diaries

Pretty Little Liars

Bones

Duck Dynasty

48 Hours or w/e

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
'Reality' T.v :Big Brother, Only Way Is Essex, Jersey/Geordie Shore and so forth. 99% of Soap Operas like Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale etc. we could easily throw 95% of whats on T.v into the # bin

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknotsLost.

Lost, lost me on episode 2 when the Polar Bear came hurtling out of the palm trees.

I think the producers of Lost actually lost their selves after the second season, I don't think they thought it would have lasted so long. . . Such a big bag of Fail.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by captaintyinknotsLost.

Lost, lost me on episode 2 when the Polar Bear came hurtling out of the palm trees.

I think the producers of Lost actually lost their selves after the second season, I don't think they thought it would have lasted so long. . . Such a big bag of Fail.

Agree! So awful, and an insult to good writing.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Judge Judy - I don't get why people even show up in the audience, it is so fake and the judge thinks shes some saint from the heavens that knows everything.

Repo - Or whatever it's called about some retards that go around doing repo's assaulting people, that right there should tell you its fake.

Ghost hunters - "Did you hear that? OMG" Yeah it was your buddy making noises to make it look like a ghost.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

I dont know a lot of series... like that "glee". I dont know what it is for instance. hehe

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by superman2012

I dont know a lot of series... like that "glee". I dont know what it is for instance. hehe

You've never heard of Glee? Surprising, considering how hard they marketed it for a while....but, truly, you arent missing a thing. Terrible, terrible show.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I was going to say Friends but you beat me to it! Haha! If I had to choose another, I'll go with The Walking Dead. Dot get me wrong, it's a GOOD show, but very overrated.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
All the Sixteen and Pregnant, Teen Mom, Secret Life of an American Teenager, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girls, etc. type of shows...they're all crap.

I also hate American Idol. America's Got Talent, the X Factor, the Voice, etc. type of shows...more crap.

The list could go on and on and on.

I'm crazy about a few TV shows but I hate the majority of TV shows. I think 95% of it is overrated.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Pawn Stars. Dear God I cannot start how bad this show is to me. I'll watch it if I'm bored, but after reading the book about the real people I have a different opinion on the show because it seems to be trying too hard to be a "reality" show. Not surprisingly everyone loves this show and mentally notes whatever the characters say on T.V. Read the book if you want to know about the cast, the pawning business, and even learn about the basic of economics. License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver

Storage Wars (Texas and New York too). I cannot see how people will find this show entertaining and informant of anything with making money. A cast of radioactive mutants purchase lockers that mostly contain junk. The produces have been known to put valuable and rare items in the lockers (ask Dave!). Fake arguments and experts as I'm amazed how the cast can say junk could be worth so much money despite it being worth a little bit of money. Maybe it's just me but I see through the bull# of these t.v shows. I loved the book I linked in my first paragraph. You'll enjoy it like I have multiple times.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

All the CSI shows. Jeez, how many ways are there to commit a crime???

The first episode of The Following was good, then it just turned into another cop show.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
American Idol....I still can't believe that is on the air...the ONLY part worth watching is the train wrecks...that's it, and I haven't watched any of the past few seasons, even the audition weeks, just because they now focus on the GOOD ones....those folks just aren't interesting.

I want to see the ones who are horrible, but THINK they are fantastic!

All the CSI shows

I feel you there. Can't agree on the Following though, one of the most refreshing ideas in TV today...far from just another cop show... The cult aspect is a game-changer...
edit on 25-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Any cop show. any Lawyer Show. Any doctor Show, and any REALLY bad cartoons, and anything that is on TLC. Apparently, the 'learning' in the learning channel is how to terminate brain cells. Don't need TV for that. I recommend Glen Fiddich instead!
Sip, Ah, there goes another poor neuron! Happy Trails little buddy !

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The most overrated has to be the Karaoke judging shows...Idol, Voice and all that other brain candy crapola. Just complete garbage.

The Bachelor - See above, the Karaoke judging shows.

The Office - I fail to see how it's funny.

The CSI's got old about 5-6 seasons ago. And they canceled the best one CSI Miami.

I'm sure i could think up more, these are just off the top of my head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join