It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Underrated Shows

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Caprica
A actually science fiction show exploring the merging the decisionpoints between mankind merging with technology, birth of AI, uploading humans, exploration of souls and consciousness, etc.

1 season only, because there wasn't enough explosions for the bsg fans that it naturally attracted. So sad..not to mention by it being cancelled, it kept many unsolved bsg items a mystery.

I hope that Netflix or some other content provider (not network) buys the rights and produces a few more seasons.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just started watching Utopia, and it is pretty good. I had not heard of it and ran across it in a forum. It is kind of Lynch-esque and well done imo.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Vikings

I started this show last month and find it to be very engaging.

the second season is even better than the first.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree on "Warehouse 13", quite a lot of fun (and it has H.G. Wells too!). Haven't seen the other two. And although most people here know of it, if you haven't watched "Arrested Development", ten thumbs up.

Was going to say Arrested Development also. Even though it won awards, and has a "cult" following, most people I mention it to never saw an episode. Those who have seen an episode or 2 didn't really "get it". The show had so many nuances & intertwined story lines that you do need to watch several episodes to get why it is beyond hilarious. Hands down the funniest show ever (imo.) The acting was freakin' perfect & the writing was brilliant.

Btw... Thanks for Aleister's Rice and Lentils recipe in your Sig. I'm vegan and always lookin' for new things to make. Sounds damn good so I'll give it a shot this coming week.
edit on 4-4-2014 by FerociousE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Veronica Mars

Have you seen the movie? Just came out, maybe two weeks or so ago. Pretty good, worth seeing for Mac's (VERY) odd haircut and Dick, who is comedy gold.

@SaturnFX - Caprica- Good call. The network was determimned to make it fail so it did.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

All the shows listed so far were not underrated, but then everyone has their own opinion. If a series is genuinely anygood it can be adapted successfully to movie genre, that is the true litmus test of worth.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

FerociousE

Aleister
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree on "Warehouse 13", quite a lot of fun (and it has H.G. Wells too!). Haven't seen the other two. And although most people here know of it, if you haven't watched "Arrested Development", ten thumbs up.

Was going to say Arrested Development also. Even though it won awards, and has a "cult" following, most people I mention it to never saw an episode. Those who have seen an episode or 2 didn't really "get it". The show had so many nuances & intertwined story lines that you do need to watch several episodes to get why it is beyond hilarious. Hands down the funniest show ever (imo.) The acting was freakin' perfect & the writing was brilliant.

I agree, although I refuse to acknowledge that the 4th season exists.

So disappointing.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

TheSpanishArcher

Veronica Mars

Have you seen the movie? Just came out, maybe two weeks or so ago. Pretty good, worth seeing for Mac's (VERY) odd haircut and Dick, who is comedy gold.

@SaturnFX - Caprica- Good call. The network was determimned to make it fail so it did.
Yeah, I saw it. It was very good. I thought the overarcing mystery was a big letdown, but otherwise, I thought they did a fantastic job.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

FerociousE

Aleister
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree, although I refuse to acknowledge that the 4th season exists.

So disappointing.

Exactly. What a disappointment the new Netflix hosted 4th season of AD was, sucked pretty bad. Though, I have to admit, I didn't really get the whole format, with each episode focusing just on one character until I was 3/4 through the episodes. So, I went back and watched them again, and liked them more, but only slightly more. Still keeping my fingers crossed about the movie they keep hinting that might be in theaters soon. Or has it already been released? I just got done moving from Nashville to Michigan and have been out of the loop with just about everything. I just hope they regain the awesomeness of the original 3 seasons, especially the 3rd.
edit on 6-4-2014 by FerociousE because: Still learning how to quote, reply & edit

edit on 6-4-2014 by FerociousE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Two shows:

The Goldbergs: if you grew up in the 80's, this is a classic sitcom full of nostalgia, and it is damn funny. Set in the 80's, it's a classic family sitcom. The kicker is that the younger boy is a bit nerdy, and films everything. Each episode is inspired by some ACTUAL footage of the writer's younger years, illustrating the premise, so a nice unique touch.

The Neighbors: A bit cheesy, but funny, and a guilty pleasure. Aliens land in New Jersey, and take up residence in a gated community. One of the alien families goes home, and a human family moves in (and soon learns they are aliens). Classic "fish out of water" type comedy, as the aliens learn about our ways.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Terra nova. They stopped after season 1. It was a good show while it lasted.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Anybody remember a show on Fox called John Doe?
How about WB's New Adventures of Old Christine?
I'm sure there's plenty more I can think of

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Banshee
Regular Show
Community
The Boondocks
The League of Gentlemen
Archer

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join