It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian President Assad Assassinated By Own Bodyguard?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It was just posted on Drudge..in French

second line
edit on 24-3-2013 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2013 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

If true...what now?. Its not like a new government will just move into position quietly. No peaceful transitition will come of this now .....surely.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
any indication what time this happened? 2 hours ago is a lot different than 12 hours ago when it comes to determining how credible this is.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This could be disasterous......
Assad at least seemed to be holding things in check.....
What will the army do now with no leader?
And will they now break out the chemical weapons to defend themselves from the inevitable push by the rebels if this pans out?
Kinda scarey.....Iran has troops that may end up getting isolated possibly slaughtered in Syria....
Think that may liven up the situation?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Assad has operated with relative restraint in regards to his neighbors
it's anybody's guess what will happen next if he's lost controll,grave news indeed if true.
I expect to see an increased involvment from Iran/Russia as a response
I guess the chemical weapons plot didn't work so...

edit on 24-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There seem to be a lot of unverified reports -

tundratabloids.com...

by-bodyguard.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

translate.google.be... it-ete-tue-par-un-garde-du-corps%2F

translate.google.be...

translate.google.be...

Only time will tell if it's true or fabricated.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's bouncing around on twitter as well...I suppose we have to wait to see if it is true or not....

"And so it begins"...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
well, when AP gets it i am certain it will be for fact till then do to get your panty's bent, bigstory.ap.org... no such find so i am calling Bullsnot on this one, or they are slow

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wow. This is actually starting to feel lie it might be real.

However, I'd have thought that the NWO would have squeezed more death havoc and destruction out of this situation before triggering an asset to kill him.

As has already been mentioned there are more radicals in power in the ME and North Africa than a couple of years ago. I believe this is part of the NWOs plan. They eventually want a one world religion, but christianity affords its followers with too many freedoms. A religion with oppressive and strict rules that curtail rights and freedoms is what they want to spread accross the world. And they've chosen a particular form of Islam for that job, so it's now time to let the Catholic church crumble under the weight of its own depravity.

Edit to add: Of course this huge story may also be a means to direct attention away from Cyprus so a full on banking dictatorship can slide into place while we're fixated on Syria. After all they always have multiple reasons for their actions and never et a good crisis go to wait.
edit on 24-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Nothing in Al Jazeera...

If it were true, I'm sure it would be there.....

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Can I ask a simple question to all the wise and learned folks on ATS?

If this is true, would the violence escalate or de-escalate?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Keep in mind it took the MSM over 24 hours to report the death of Chavez.
We'll know for sure soon enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Might be a Syrian Spring....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Nothing in Al Jazeera...
If it were true, I'm sure it would be there.....
www.aljazeera.com...
You beat me to it...and nothing there. I'd be impressed if ATS had the scoop, though.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

to war or not to war thus is the question , best answer: only they the Syrians know what this will be if it is true. As not knowing the in and out of that war, the one thing that does stand out , Iran ties with the Syrian Gov does that anything?

edit on 24-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Can I ask a simple question to all the wise and learned folks on ATS?

If this is true, would the violence escalate or de-escalate?

Depends on what happens with the Assad loyalists, and the Syrian army. The escalation or de-escalation would be entirely in their hands they can keep it going, or end it... IF in fact Assad is dead.

They could also make this a much broader (regional) conflict by carrying out Assad's death orders.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekos
This must be a lie. If true it would be all over the MSM.

Now don't be trotting out that old line, lol. Truth and the MSM are mutually exclusive.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Arab media reported the assassination of Syrian President Bashar Assad. On – reportedly not yet been validated and have not yet received echo Western media, Assad fired one of his bodyguards. This is an Iranian officer named Mehdi Jacoby, who was attached to Assad on – by allies of the Syrian president in Tehran. Various reports published that Assad al-Shami was rushed to the hospital and in serious condition. Also reported the big fuss that has developed around the hospital and that all roads leading to the hospital were blocked – by the Syrian army. Also reported large military forces are in the hospital. Syrian television broadcasts were discontinued. Syria apparently inhibits the official report on the assassination until it became clear whether the president would live or die. About these ads

warsclerotic.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Although certainly better than the BBC, AL Jazeera is nowhere near as trustworthy as it was even 2 years ago. Even breakng The Arab Spring story was a move in line with the desires of TPTB. The same goes for RT though things arn't as bad there yet.

I find the suggestion that this occurred on the 23rd interesting what with the 23 enigma and all. Seems an awful lot of significant items and events have an association with that number and TPTB/NWO do love their numerology.
edit on 24-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just my amateur, news following opinions on two fronts...first i think it further destabilizes the region. Big time. It gives the Muslim Brotherhood yet another entree to controlling the region. So many little subplots...like the 500 million our Dear Leader just promised the Palistinians (how much does they divide down to per Pali?).

Second, odd timing RIGHT AFTER Obama lands back on US terra firma. Everything (to me) seemed wrong about that trip. Everything...how many "symbolic" photos were taken/distributed of POTUS standing under the likeness of Arafat (Arafat!!!) whilst speechifying in Jordan? Yet remember the covering of Cruxifixes at Georgetown University and Notre Dame? Without digressing too far (and this is a conspiracy thread on a conspiracy site) even if this Assad story proves false...it still sends some "message."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join