It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian President Assad Assassinated By Own Bodyguard?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerschmetterling
al-Asaad (the founder of the FSA) is not dead, he is hospitalized in Turkey and lost a leg, there's even a video on YouTube.

ETA: english.alarabiya.net...#
edit on 25-3-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

Why are you posting the source from alarabiya? alarabiya is Saudi Regime news state owned media and 100 of the times they were reporting about on Libya they weren't accurate.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
so he dead or alive?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gr9g9997

Seems right now that the claim was false and had no source to start with. It got blown up in the social media sites. No way to tell for sure though unless he makes a speech or something.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

who paid and cui prodest?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
you would think assad would make an appearance by now if this was untrue.. considering he can appear at a university in damascus just last week why doesnt he show his head to rubbish these claims,,,

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Zerschmetterling
al-Asaad (the founder of the FSA) is not dead, he is hospitalized in Turkey and lost a leg, there's even a video on YouTube.

ETA: english.alarabiya.net...#
edit on 25-3-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

Why are you posting the source from alarabiya? alarabiya is Saudi Regime news state owned media and 100 of the times they were reporting about on Libya they weren't accurate.

then search for yourself! You see a conspiracy in EVERYTHING, unbelievable. Twitter is probably lying as well right? Why don't YOU open a thread with all the real facts? Are you on the ground in Syria? How come you think you know everything?

www.globalpost.com...

www.heraldscotland.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

and you will probably find many other sources as well, but I guess they are all owned by the Zionists and other evil doers?

edit on 26-3-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jgmara
you would think assad would make an appearance by now if this was untrue.. considering he can appear at a university in damascus just last week why doesnt he show his head to rubbish these claims,,,

This...
I wonder why he doesn't get in front of a TV Camera as soon as possible to quelch any further rumors about this.
Instead there is some secretary/minister saying "oh no he is well an alive, all is right!" type of message. The same thing did go on with Chavez' Death for a week or so. I have a feeling that this is a true story and there is a power vacuum right now in Syria.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It would make sense that the US government would ask the MSM to keep this quite. If there is a power vacuum tons of chemical weapons would be up in the air, it would be prudent to asses the situation and not empower some nut to declare himself king of Syria.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talliostro

Originally posted by jgmara

This...
I wonder why he doesn't get in front of a TV Camera as soon as possible to quelch any further rumors about this.
Instead there is some secretary/minister saying "oh no he is well an alive, all is right!" type of message. The same thing did go on with Chavez' Death for a week or so. I have a feeling that this is a true story and there is a power vacuum right now in Syria.

You may well be right. I would have expected to hear something from the man himself by now if it was untrue. The longer I go without hearing from him, the more I will lean towards this being a fact.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I also think it's true, its unplausible for him to not have made an appearance by now its been like what 4 days now? UN intervention to take control of CW on the horizon?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Me

Originally posted by all2human
Assad has operated with relative restraint in regards to his neighbors

Assad's restraint is tied directly to his ability to remain in power.... If he and his most loyal officials, and Syrian army leaders fear they are going to fall, then he, and more importantly they will have nothing to lose...

It would be in the vital interests of certain parties involved for Assad to remain in power for as long as possible, or at least to maintain the perception that he is (dead or alive) for as long as possible... Or at least until his ability to attack outside of Syria has been secured...

IMO

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

will you except a CBS news report? www.cbsnews.com... form the link

syria-rebel-leader-col-riad-al-asaad-wounded-in-attack-opposition-says
this hole thread should be put in the hoax bin or the the OP should change it too Rebel leader wounded, lost leg from the link

Updated at 10:10 a.m. Eastern

BEIRUT Syrian activists say a senior rebel military figure has lost a leg after a bomb hit his car.

A member of the rebel Free Syrian Army told Al Jazeera television Monday morning that Col. Riad al-Asaad, the group's founder, had to have a leg amputated after assailants attacked his car in the town of Mayadeen, just south of Deir al-Zour, an embattled city in Syria's east.
people get the facts before jumping the gun, yes news breaks fast, but do use some common sense, or try too.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
this hole thread should be put in the hoax bin or the the OP should change it too Rebel leader wounded, lost leg

Why should the OP change the title of the thread? The thread title reflects the story that he posted in the OP which is not the same story that you linked to from CBS. It may well turn out that the story is a hoax, but it certainly isn't the same story as the one you linked. Until President Assad addresses the rumor himself it can't be completely ruled out.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jgmara

I agree.

Syrian state news has run 2 articles in the last 2 days

1. Assad elects a new governor for a district
2. Assad sends a letter to the BRIC nations.

both articles used the same 'stock' photo.

www.sana-syria.com...

If these 'international' rumors were being laughed at by Assad, why hasn't he come on camera to prove it ?

I think he's dead.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Hmmm... that makes sense too. I wonder what ATS Live will make of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well here is the latest from www.rttnews.com...
Assad Seeks BRICS Support For Political Solution To Syrian Crisis
3/28/2013 3:17 AM ET

Beleaguered Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has sought the help of BRICS group of countries to restore security and stability in his strife-torn country, media reports said.

In a letter to the grouping on Wednesday, Assad called for its intervention to put an end to continued violence and to facilitate a political solution.

He also urged them to exert pressure to get the "unjust and illegal" economic sanctions lifted to alleviate the Syrian people's sufferings.

The appeal came a day after the Arab League, which suspended Syria from the regional grouping in November 2011, granted the long-vacant seat to the West-backed Syrian Opposition National Coalition, and urged all countries to support it with all means including military aid.

The Assad regime rejected the pan-Arab body's decision warning that it would have "dangerous" repercussions on the organization's future and the Arab national security as it would cause more bloodshed and encourage "terrorism and terrorists."

The BRICS grouping of five emerging economies - Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa -- concluded their fifth summit in the South African city of Durban the other day.

According to the U.N., more than 70,000 people have been killed, nearly three million displaced and another 1.1 million fled to neighboring countries since a rebellion against the Assad regime in Syria broke out in March, 2011.

by RTT Staff Writer

For comments and feedback: [email protected]

Political News let me guess pic of him in one piece and the current date?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
how about his face book page you can ask him your self en-gb.facebook.com... I would but i do not facebook nor will i, no need to. Know one I know does.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I do hate to pop ones bubble but can we now put this in the HOAX bin gulfnews.com... seem s to be fine and well no mention of an attack nor wounds seem that it was the rebel leader after all not the pres as the Thread point to Syrian President Assad Assassinated By Own Bodyguard? NOT

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

I try not to connect to many dots, especially when one dot originates from a conspiracy theory and the other dot connects to a different conspiracy theory. I'm making an exception, for speculation purposes, after reading your reply to my previous message.

When you mentioned the possibility that there were several mundane aspects of the POTUS' being 'over-reported', a memory sparked in my mind.

I remember when Sandy Hook discussions were prevalent and speculation was flying in all directions. There was one issue that kind of intrigued me more so than the other story-lines.

Everyone who followed the Sandy Hook Massacre from the beginning will remember that the media reports were being dumped on us left and right, which isn't so unique sor that type of event. However, what I did find unique was the widely varying facts being reported by each news agency and the rate at which they were being changed.

It seemed as if they were setting up many different scenarios, so that the official story could be manipulated to reflect how the final version of the Sandy Hook Massacre would be historically recorded.

Your reply reminded me of this and I suppose it's plausible. Maybe we've overlooked other similar reporting techniques in the past and should re-hash some past major events.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
For you that need the pic's or it is not true or the old "did not happen" well here you go
sana.sy... Governor of Hasaka Sworn in before President al-Assad

Mar 28, 2013

DAMASCUS, (SANA)- Governor of Hasaka Province, Mohammad Zaal al-Ali, was sworn in before President Bashar al-Assad on Thursday.

20130328-155949.jpg

Afterwards, President al-Assad received Governor al-Ali and provided him with his directives, wishing him success in his duties.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join