It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I just put three rounds in his ass,” he informed the 911 dispatcher....Life in Crime Riddled Am

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
you know they will probably prosecute this guy for attempted murder, and use the 911 tapes against him...
we live in a frakked up world

Possibly.

A good term to learn is as follows:

"An intruder broke into my house and attacked me. I have neutralized the threat and I request immediate medical attention."

If pressed and specifically asked if shots were fired, answer again, "I have neutralized the threat."

You may be asked to provide medical attention yourself until the police arrive.

Until the police arrive, do NOT touch anything. Do not move anything unless you have to kick the attackers weapon of choice away from him/her. Stay on the phone with 911 but keep your conversation to the above only.

If you are asked if you are armed, answer truthfully. When the police arrive and are in view, and you are obviously no longer under attack, lay your weapon (safety on) down far from the threat. if asked, show the officer where it is.

If asked again in person if you shot someone, again answer "Someone broke in and attacked me. I neutralized the threat." If you are continued to be asked about shooting, ask for an attorney and shut up.

You are not shooting to "kill". You are neutralizing a threat of serious bodily harm or death. Remember that.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Been there, done that. Folks, the law isnt gonna get there in time. They never do. His story brings my night of the home invasion back to the front of my mind. I am astonished that he only fired off three rounds. Should have emptied the clip or the cylinder..... Be damn sure the threat remains on the floor, unable to do you any harm. Damn we need more folks like this man. Be just like the police, shoot first , ask the questions afterward........Sort of like a Southern State Trooper. "Boom" Stop or I'll shoot"...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mr3dboot

The man was on the phone with 911. They heard it all. I also had 911 on the phone when my door was kicked open. The 911 operator heard the entire situation. She, as I brought the phone back to my ear asked if I was the one fireing a weapon. I could not hear a word she said because of the ringing in my ears. I guess the evidence will show the truth, At my home there was a shotgun blast into my ceiling, from the attacker. By the time the sheriff dept arrived, There was a dead man in my front yard and another one hoofing up the road.

I was never asked who fired first, I was never made to feel as if I was at fault. I was questioned, the following morning. I was assured I did nothing wrong in defending my life & the lives of my family. They checked to see if my hand gun was registered that's about it. I was advised about moving to a new home as the man who bought the farm that night was a career criminal. I took that advice. It was an event I and the man in the post would not want to endure again.... BUt I would do it again, if I needed too. No questions asked.
edit on 25-3-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

I wonder if he used "in his ass" to mean into his body . If the man was turned away and leaving ,to shoot him then could become problematic . The shooter could face a civil suit and loose . Also it is hard to fear for your life with someone running from you and screaming like a girl.
The Police will tell you shoot him coming at you and one story is best . If he can't say you invited him in and then shot him your story will stand .

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

In stead of shooting the guy wouldn't it have been better if he just handed the robber the keys to the house and told him to remember to lock up when he's finished.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudwlke

The guy could have offered him a samich and a glass of tea ! And then helped him carry out what he wanted . Of course he first should have stuck a shotgun out the window and fired it twice blowing the windows out of the neighbors house . Boy what the hell do we have in office . Both Obama and Biden are idiots .

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I agree with you 100%. My post was just standard "CWA" for anyone unfamiliar with the process.

In those situations, as I'm sure you would agree, your not going to be thinking clearly. Your ears are going to be ringing and your heart pounding out of your chest, your adrenalin levels will be high etc. In that scenario you might possibly talk more than needed. The last thing anyone needs is an uber-liberal D.A. who will listen to the 911 call over and over again just looking for a reason to haul you in.

Most cities/States will not be an issue, but some are.

My sincere prayer is that no one reading this ever has to be in that situation. In your case, never again.

Having to determine well in advance "Could I, Will I" is a difficult road but when your life, the life of your family is in immediate danger, the answer to those two questions becomes clear.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
When I lived in Oklahoma about 13 years ago the rule was if someone stepped through the door you could fire away and you would not suffer any repercussions. In fact the police actually advised a co-worker of mine (after the third time his house was robbed) to "just make sure to drag the body through the front door and clean up the blood trail"

He didn't want blood on his new carpet though so three of us hid in the bushes with shotguns and scared the you know what out of the guys whom again tried a fourth time. Never saw them in the neighborhood again after that lol.

13 years later not sure if the rule still stands but it was a good rule IMO.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

def deserve a star for not being an idiot my fellow earthling

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Maybe he shot the guy in the crotch, the round came out through the cheeks of his buttocks.

He didn't stipulate specifically how the intruder got shot in the arse.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Did it specifically speak to the fate of the intruder ? Did he die or was wounded ? As the slang of our country today " to bust a cap in his ass ' usually means somewhere other than his ass and usually where it will kill .

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Ponca City Police say the incident took place at around 4:30 a.m. Thursday. The intruder was transported to a nearby hospital by ambulance and then airlifted to another Tulsa hospital. His condition was unknown Friday and police have not identified the suspect.

“The case is under investigation. Ponca City Police say once they complete the investigation the case will be turned over to the DA,”

Apparently they aren't releasing the name............

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ponca City Police Deputy Chief Dwaine Vincent said today the department is not prepared to release the name of the intruder who was shot Thursday morning in the 1300 block of North Pine Street.

"To the best of our knowledge, the intruder and the residents did not know each other,” Vincent said. "There is no indication that this was anything other than a homeowner who was in fear for his life and his family.”

According to an unnamed official familiar with the investigation, the intruder suffered .22-caliber gunshot wounds to the face, through the arm into the chest, and into the side of his back.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Oklahoma mom kills home invader: Why the law was on her side

Sarah McKinley, an Oklahoma mom who shot and killed a knife-wielding intruder, was cleared of any wrongdoing by prosecutors on Thursday – vindication of the 'castle doctrine,' proponents say.

By Patrik Jonsson, Staff writer / January 5, 2012

Sarah McKinley, the Oklahoma mom who shot and killed an intruder after asking a 911 operator if it was okay to shoot, was cleared of wrongdoing Thursday. Also this week police declined to bring charges against a Pennsylvania man who killed a romantic rival with a bow and arrow. And in South Carolina, a woman who shot a homeless person squatting in an empty rental home was also not charged.

Washington State is currently debating whether or not to add a castle doctrine law, North Carolina just expanded its law to include vehicles, and Pennsylvania last year expanded its law to include porches. Ohio passed a law last year expanding its castle doctrine to include business property, and now allows self-defense even in cases where an intruder is unarmed.

Common law in non-castle doctrine states also protects homeowners from prosecution for standing their ground in their own homes.

www.csmonitor.com...
edit on 25-3-2013 by coltcall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Oklahoma Castle Doctrine Expansion Bill Took Effect Today!

Posted on November 1, 2011

On April 25, Governor Mary Fallin signed into law a "Castle Doctrine" expansion bill which went into effect today, November 1. House Bill 1439 expands the right of an owner, manager, or employee of a business to use deadly force if necessary against an intruder when there is reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm. This bill was authored by state Representative Steve Vaughan (R-37) and state Senator David Myers (R-20).

Please contact Governor Mary Fallin and the bill sponsors to express your thanks for their leadership on this important self–defense legislation!

Contact information for Governor Mary Fallin may be found by clicking here.
www.nraila.org...
edit on 25-3-2013 by coltcall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Go Ahead, Make My Day Law

In addition to protecting citizens from criminal responsibility, many states, such as Texas, protect citizens against civil action being taken against them after they have used force to protect themselves or others in their home, automobile, or workplace.

As a homeowner and/or resident in the United States, it’s important to know the law in your state. So educate yourself.

As a criminal the only real question to ask yourself if you are a considering breaking into an unsuspecting victim’s home is, “Do I feel lucky?” Well do ya, Punk?
source.southuniversity.edu...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mr3dboot

Hesitation in these instances will get you killed. In these days & times being able to act quickly and effectively are essential. Waiting on 911 to get there, will simply get you a nice plot at Forest Lawn.....Those who may try to enter my home will find that it's really not the place they want to be...and possibly the last place they see. I have been thru it once, it was God awfull. But my actions are why I'm able to sit and compose this post. VS. being dead as a door nail.

LE IS NOT GOING TO GET THERE IN TIME. THEY NEVER DO. PROTECT YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY.

edit on 26-3-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Police have routinely stopped answering 911 calls.....unless the caller continually makes the 911 call, harassing the dispatcher to harass the patrol officer to get on the scene.

Only then do the police answer the 911 calls.

That's what happened between George Zimmerman and Trayvon (the drug dealer/burglar) Whateverhislastnamewas.

Zimmerman had to spend all his time with the 911 dispatcher because the police weren't arriving. By the time the police arrived, Trayvon the Drugdealer/Burglar had already attacked Zimmermam. Ziimmerman had to shoot the druggie in self defense.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I believe you said the intruder shot a blast into your ceiling with his shotgun . He was loaded for bear . There is nothing more deadly than a shot gun at 20 yards . You are lucky he didn't have it leveled when he came in . Close call !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join