It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mind-boggling "was" or "past" to get the "is" or "present"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Present in time, it be the past, present or future. yet it be the past or future depends on where we... whiii, I'm completely lost. Don't have any clue about where you are in time and you will fall into the present.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by WarJohn

Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come

...when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is

Would you mind telling me where you sourced the quotes please?

Where did you copy the quotes from WarJohn?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They come out of the bible itisnowagain.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Burning is a metaphor for sinful. Fire is a metaphor for desire.

In your threads you speak authoritatively about what a verse or passage "means" not what is actually says. Even in straight forward lines and plain-speaking language in the bible.

What gives you the authority or power to re-translate the bible?

edit on 3/25/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Thank you Angle.
Here is the quotes with the rest of the text.

“Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth” (Revelation 1:4, 5).

Rev 17:8The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by WarJohn

Burning is a metaphor for sinful. Fire is a metaphor for desire.

In your threads you speak authoritatively about what a verse or passage "means" not what is actually says. Even in straight forward lines and plain-speaking language in the bible.

What gives you the authority or power to re-translate the bible?

edit on 3/25/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

I think he's aware this is his interpretation, and probably shared by many. Fundamentalists are the smallest group of religious, most are not fundamentalists, and that means its been interpreted many different ways, by many different groups, and even individually, by all who read it, for most of it is metaphor.

From Genesis on, where penial is the city Jacob met God in, gen 32 30, onwards it goes, metaphor after metaphor, allegory after allegory.

Nor do we have to go around typing and saying, I feel, I believe, we are and can write our definitions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join