It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Denies Massive Ammunition Purchase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The Department of Homeland Security responded Friday to questions from Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kan., about why the agency was allegedly planning to buy some 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the next five years. DHS told Whispers it regularly fills all of its goods and services requirements at one time because it's cheaper for the agency, and that the 1.6 billion number was misleading because the language of DHS's purchase said it would need "up to" a certain amount.

Source

These [snipped] liars wont even admit their purchase although Local law enforcement agencies across the country are facing an ammo shortage,

Read more: www.foxnews.com... of amunnition shortage.

news.investors.com... Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Congress demands answers

Bullet Buys: Fifteen members of Congress have written a letter to the Department of Homeland Security demanding to know why the federal agency is buying so many rounds of ammunition. We'd like to know too. Freshman California Republican Doug LaMalfa and 14 of his House colleagues, who signed on to his March 5 letter, are asking the Department of Homeland Security to explain why it is buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition of various calibers. They aren't happy with explanations provided so far in the press by lower-level officials, answers meant to debunk "unfounded" concerns. As we have noted, DHS has been buying lots of ammo, enough by one calculation to fight the equivalent of a 24-year Iraqi War. Read More At Investor's Business Daily: news.investors.com... Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

edit on 24-3-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Mar 24 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
According to this article, they are lying...

www.businessinsider.com...

I'm sure that NOAA needs 45,000 rounds to protect whales and dolphins. Hey, Flipper is Dead.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Well op just think back in history, hitler told everyone he was simply segregating the jews, into nice seperate, but equal housing complexes.

They even made a propoganda video about how the lives of the jews was great after they took them away, but sadly, that is what tyrants do, they lie, they have to because the truth is so monsterous not even the most devout could give them a pass for what they do.

So expect more, much more lies etc... they will only lie bigger and bolder up to the time they cant hide it anymore.

edit on 24-3-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Yes, I think I just said they were liars. Incurable, if u ask me

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Being that our tax dollars are funding these purchases, we have every right to know the reasoning behind them.

I don't believe that we will ever get a straight answer, but, I am glad that letters are being sent and that questions are being asked.

Interesting times, indeed.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Being that our tax dollars are funding these purchases, we have every right to know the reasoning behind them.

Target practice and training.

Didn't you get the memo?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Doesnt anyone think it totally incongruous that the biggest law enforcement agency has absolutely no moral compunctions when it comes to the people who pay their grossly inflated slaries?
DHS is the forunner of the secret politzei that Obama is intent on building.....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Doesnt anyone think it totally incongruous that the biggest law enforcement agency has absolutely no moral compunctions when it comes to the people who pay their grossly inflated slaries?
DHS is the forunner of the secret politzei that Obama is intent on building.....

On February 28, 1933--the day after the Reichstag fire--President Hindenburg and Chancellor Hitler invoked Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution, which permitted the suspension of civil liberties in time of national emergency.

A Decree of the Reich President for the Protection of the People and State abrogated the following German constitutional protections:

Free expression of opinion
Freedom of the press
Right of assembly and association
Right to privacy of postal and electronic communications
Protection against unlawful searches and seizures
Individual property rights
States' right of self-government

A supplemental decree created the SA (Storm Troops) and SS (Special Security) Federal police agencies which in our country is known as Department of Homeland Security.

If you listen carefully you can hear the increasing sound of american boots marching outside the white house as our dear Leader looks towards the horizon with a stern Furhrer - gaze

Sometimes I wonder if some secret german group survived the German war with US during WW2 and emigrated to US after the war, opening a think tank shop in Washington DC.

Who knows, perhaps I should learn german and go like this....unt das folke loves our dear leader and Fuhrer, unt das recih is protected by our dear Sister. Zieg, Zieg Zieg Heil!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

A number of Germans came to the US prior to and after WWI. Germany's desire for racial purity was inspired, to a certain degree, by the eugenicist movement in the US. There were many Americans that were sympathetic to Nazi Germany. The most powerful of which were the industrialists.

Nobody believed Senator McCarthy. He probably realized it quickly as many sympathizers were in Wisconsin. And, they were infiltrating politics via the Democratic party.

There are several mansions near where I live that have Swastikas tiled in the floors and carved on the walls. Nothing new to me. Amerika is well on the path that was planned some time ago.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
One word:
DEFUND.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Yes, wasn't that the first story? Training ammo?

So, they already admitted they did the purchases, now they deny it? That's just stupid.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It strange they that they sugar coated the whole thing, even though its 1.6 Billion rounds for 5 years, you spread that number out and that comes to 32 Million rounds per year, but the question is do they do this every year and use the same excuse, or do they not buy any ammo for the next four years.

Nothing like side stepping the question and handing out BS, what is the budget for next years purchase?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
It strange they that they sugar coated the whole thing, even though its 1.6 Billion rounds for 5 years, you spread that number out and that comes to 32 Million rounds per year, but the question is do they do this every year and use the same excuse, or do they not buy any ammo for the next four years.

Nothing like side stepping the question and handing out BS, what is the budget for next years purchase?

Ummm... 1.6 Billion divided by 5 is 320 million, not 32 million.

But hey, the military only used 70 million a year in full combat operations in Iraq.

marketdailynews.com...

edit on 24-3-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

And by the way, this 1.6 Billion doesn't count the tens of millions they bought before. ICE still has an active contract for 40 million a year from 2009.

www.gunreports.com...
edit on 24-3-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a quick look at the dhs website gives me

AAP No 201200845 NAICS CODE 332992 Component FLETC SubComponent FAD
Acquisition Vehicle
Contract(s) Dollar Range
$20M to $50M Small Business Program
None Acquisition Status
New
POC Name
Sheryle Wood POC Phone No.
912-267-3590 POC Email
[email protected] Release FY
2013 Release QTR
Description:Commercial lead handgun, rifle and shotgun training ammunition

you can find it on apfs.dhs.gov... its the only 20-50mill item on the db but since i'm in the UK i'm probably blocked from getting more details but atleast you have a name to contact to get real info from the beast

top topics

join