It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advert turns air into drinking water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This, to me seems such a logical evolution of the Plastic sheet,

pinned with stones to collect condensation water in the desert.

If they are going to advertise,

Why don't they do this all over the world?

"A billboard that produces drinking water from air," says the billboard up high. And it does what it says on the tin: so far, the billboard has produced over 9,000 litres of drinking water - 96 litres a day.

"The panel traps humidity in the air and transforms it into water. It's that simple," said Jessica Ruas, a spokesperson from the university.

BBC World

What do you think?

edit on 24/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Picture of the billboard....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman
Why don't they do this all over the world?

Excellent question and one I have asked a great many times about lots of things over the years. Much of what we're shown on TV by the Aid agencies could be easily fixed with minimal fuss and cost, but for some reason isn't. I know that in many places, corruption, war and poor education don't help but you do have to ask what people are playing at when it is so easy to get clean water, generate electricity and get an education..

For example, me and the missus were watching Comic Relief the other week and she asked "How long has it been going"..

"Almost 30 years, I think babe" I answered

"Then why are they still asking for money and showing us the same people in the same conditions, year after year?" She asked

"Good question......" I said...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Perpetual Poverty+Fundraising to "Help the Poor"= Loadsamoney! for "Charities"

Bill Gates is Very "Charitable"

Isn't he?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's an interesting topic, but it has been posted before:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

OOPS.

I did a check, but nothing came up for turning AIR into WATER....

And that is my point with this thread.

Using Water vapour from the air in Desert-Nations to supply the people with pure, clean Drinking Water.

Thank you for pointing us to that thread.

I will read through it it now and encourage others to do so too.

I'll leave the rest up to the Mods.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

It's like when Arafat said no to the "amazing peace deal", mainly because Israel kept control of all the aquifers. The right to drinking water should be the first human right of every country and of entire continents. Maybe you, as the OP, should contact this company directly, talk to its president, and ask if any cost estimate has been figured out to do exactly what you say, provide drinking water to cities and towns in need of it. You have the heart of a humanitarian (I have one too, and keep it in a jar on my desk, right next the the jar containing Richard Mathesons's).

edit on 24-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You have the heart of a humanitarian
reply to post by Aleister

Yes, it's in my drawer here........wait a moment..........................I saw it recently..............................hold on...........................................it was here yesterday............................................................................................................................................. ....................................................no, but I definitely had one................I'm Sure of it..................

And Diverting / Withholding Water from a population is one of the greatest crimes against humanity.
Ever.

edit on 24/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: It's a free world, and each to their own

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia
It's an interesting topic, but it has been posted before:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank You

-thread closed-

top topics

join