It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This Be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
One day recently I was watching a cooking show and Chef Rocco Dispirtio was one of the guest chefs. He reminded me so much of someone who was famous in the silent movies and died young...Rudolph Valentino.

I am one who does believe in reincarnation...so I was just thinking is Chef Rocco Dispirito Rudolph Valentino reincarnated...could be.

Here are photos of the 2 men.

Soooooooo.....what do you think ATS?

edit on 24-3-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
No.

Consider the fact that they both have Italian names, this would usually imply that they have some, if not 100%, Italian ancestry. People who come from the same gene pool will usually tend to have similar facial features. That's all you're seeing. Similar features on two people with the same genetic lineage. Not very surprising at all. Occam's razor. The simplest answer is often correct.

You won't notice this as much in countries where people from different backgrounds have been mixing for a few centuries though (what I call 'white-stew' countries) such as America, Canada, Australia etc, but if you can manage to find people from a particular undiluted ancestry you'll notice that they have very similar features.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Maybe related, I was reading the other day that everybody on the planet is no further than 32nd cousins. Which was to me, a little surprising, I thought it would be a much higher number than that.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I am understanding from your reply...that you don't believe in reincarnation. I really think that Rocco Dispirito may have been Rudolph Valentino in a past life.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Maybe related, I was reading the other day that everybody on the planet is no further than 32nd cousins. Which was to me, a little surprising, I thought it would be a much higher number than that.

I am not talking about being related in lineage...but that Rocco Dispirito may have been Rudolph in a past life.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I am understanding from your reply...that you don't believe in reincarnation. I really think that Rocco Dispirito may have been Rudolph Valentino in a past life.

I am understanding from your reply that you don't believe in basic anthropology.

I'm sure I could go to Italy and find 20 more people that look like them within a week. People with the same genetic heritage having similar features isn't unusual. For example, I'm from Canada and more times than not I can tell the difference between people of French descent and British descent just by their facial features.

You made this thread asking for the opinions of others on your observation, but it seems evident that you're really just looking for people to validate your own opinion.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

You made this thread asking for the opinions of others on your observation, but it seems evident that you're really just looking for people to validate your own opinion.

Actually I am hoping for both...some people to agree...some people to disagree and the reasons why; which you have communicated quite frankly to me; that I do appreciate.

Also...this thread is just for chit-chat and fun!...take care.

top topics

join