It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is astrophysics a waste of time?

page: 1

join
share:
who

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am currently attending Northwestern IL for astrophysics and plan on continuing with grad school in the fall. I love this site and find a good number of the articles and posts extremely interesting. My question is about all the technology conspiracies and coverups. If the government has all this advanced technology and knows so much about space but doesnt tell anyone, is it a waste of time to study it in school? Although this doesnt change my opinion of school, it seems there are some rather intelligent people that frequent this site and i would love to read some of your thoughts. My other thought is about amatuer astronomy and how futile it seems to be, that is if the government really covers everything up as most think they do (I agree to a certain extent with coverup theories). I personally enjoy going out to a farm in Oswego and pulling out my 12 inch reflector and peering into the skys for hours at night. I am not trying to start any arguments here, just hoping to get some feedback. Thanks

[Edited on 11-5-2003 by who]

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
well you wont get anywhere in society if you dont study in society...

it deppends on what rocks your boat, if you want the truth look for it!!

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Take a deep breath.

Go over to www.badastronomy.com...

Talk to the real astronomers there and the stargazers.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The site Byrd posted is one I'd heartily recommend.
As for your studies: well, I guess the more you know about it yourself the better prepared you should be for spotting deception and falsehood.

top topics

join