It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Russian Bigfoot/Sasquatch Footage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I've waited a few weeks to see if this video would show up here on the Crypto thread, but to no avail. So I'm posting it here for the Crypto fans on ATS. Filmed somewhere in Russia obviously. There is a translation somewhere of exactly what the witnesses are saying - which I can try and dig up if people are interested. Looks pretty authentic IMO. Best viewed in hi def if you can.

www.youtube.com...

I can never get videos to embed on here.... &^$)^%$#!
edit on 24-3-2013 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
here you go

watching now
will give my opinion in a min

well i watched it in 1080p
and the pixelation was still shocking!
could just be kids messing around in my opinion.
no way of telling.
thanks for posting anyway.
edit on 24-3-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
I've waited a few weeks to see if this video would show up here on the Crypto thread, but to no avail. So I'm posting it here for the Crypto fans on ATS. Filmed somewhere in Russia obviously. There is a translation somewhere of exactly what the witnesses are saying - which I can try and dig up if people are interested. Looks pretty authentic IMO. Best viewed in hi def if you can.

I can never get videos to embed on here.... &^$)^%$#!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Thanks for embedding the video. Yeah, the close-ups are pretty pixellated, it looks far better at the original zoom. I don't think it's kids messing around personally. Watch the way it moves as it disappears. Look at the shape of the torso as well. Very primate looking IMO.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Interesting. It appears to move a bit like a gorilla, hands (knuckles) then feet if you know what I mean. Escaped stampeding gorilla anyone?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It looks pretty big for a gorilla to me... It really moves fast through the brush too..
Not sure what to make of it yet...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Yep - it certainly has very primate-like characteristics, particularly in terms of it's locomotion. Still, that doesn't mean it's a gorilla per se. It could be a gorilla - or just something with similar traits. There are plenty of bigfoot/sasquatch-like sightings in Russia... Whatever it is, it appears to be an organic animal of some sort - and an unknown. Gorillas are not indigenous to Russia, so if it is one, it shouldn't be there.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
It looks pretty big for a gorilla to me... It really moves fast through the brush too..
Not sure what to make of it yet...

I agree. It does look pretty big for a gorilla. It appears to move bipedally just before it disappears from sight, however it's hard to tell how much distance it travels on two feet.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
That just doesn't look right the arms look way to long and it seems sideways to me..Looks fake.
To me it looks like someones interpretation of what "big foot" would look like if they weren't
familar with what people say a big foot looks like in the US... a bad imitation. Bigfoot in my minds eye looks like that original film of it just casually walking at a brisk pace in the woods, but thats because It is so stereotyped embeded that way in our minds who knows really......

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It is a chimpanzee.

Really?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's a man flailing around in the woods. After all the takes the kids bored and the dogs even disinterested.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Apparently they have the only camera in the world without zoom. They follow it with the camera but don't try to zoom in at all?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Interestingly, if you read some of the Russian reports, the bigfoot-like creatures seen over there actually are supposedly different to the classic North American reports of the creature. They may actually be a different, if related, creature. So I don't see how that invalidates the footage in any way. Also, it should be noted that most reports from US/Canada always mention the arm length being unusually long - far longer than a human arm in relation to the proportions of the body.

Cheers,

J.
edit on 25-3-2013 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathlord
Apparently they have the only camera in the world without zoom. They follow it with the camera but don't try to zoom in at all?

Probably didn't have time. Besides, it would probably be a digital zoom. Digital zoom is exactly the same as simply zooming in on the footage on your computer (as you can see in the video analyses). It simply pixelates after a certain level of zoom - you don't actually get any more detail with a digital zoom.

Cheers,

J.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Looks a lot like a gorilla to me. What a gorilla is doing in Russia would be the question. It does use it's arms to walk most of the times and doesn't look like a bear. The DNA that was found of a supposedly bigfoot matches an extinct apelike creature. Maybe it is not extinct. I would believe that the old USSR, with it's wilderness, would have more bigfoots if they were to still exist.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I usually give these types of videos the benefit of the doubt but I am having a hard time believing that something running through the woods that would make me ish my pants barely raises an eyebrow on a child and does not alert a dog in the slightest bit by smell or sound, at the very least he would be standing looking in the direction of what it is being filmed ...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Probably didn't have time. Besides, it would probably be a digital zoom. Digital zoom is exactly the same as simply zooming in on the footage on your computer (as you can see in the video analyses). It simply pixelates after a certain level of zoom - you don't actually get any more detail with a digital zoom.

Cheers,

J.

I totally agree with you about digital zoom, I know it will only make it worse on your average camera as it is just trying to recreate the picture based on the pixels it does have adding in plenty of digital artifacts. So, unless you are using a Hollywood grade digital camera it wouldn't be the best idea. identification wise.

It was late when I posted so my apologies for not clarifying more, but I was thinking more along the lines of human nature. Me personally, I would have tried to zoom in after I saw it to find out where it went or attempt to catch it some more. I mean, the thing in the video didn't enter a time/space portal, it was still in the woods so why not try to keep on looking. My line of thinking is if I saw that in the woods, I wouldn't be like "oh it went behind a couple of trees, guess I should give up trying to find it". Maybe I am the odd one out here, and zooming in on something unknown would be an odd reaction, but this is just my two cents on it.

Again, sorry for my lack of explanation in the post before.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

I usually give these types of videos the benefit of the doubt but I am having a hard time believing that something running through the woods that would make me ish my pants barely raises an eyebrow on a child and does not alert a dog in the slightest bit by smell or sound, at the very least he would be standing looking in the direction of what it is being filmed ...

This is exactly what I was thinking after watching the video... Looks kinda fake to me.....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Menrva

Originally posted by Tazkven

This is exactly what I was thinking after watching the video... Looks kinda fake to me.....

Really? It doesn't to me. What makes it look fake in your estimation exactly?
It looks very convincing to me.

J.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Whatever that thing is, it is fast.
It hopped through the woods like nothing...surprising how disinterested those kids are after seeing that thing.

<<   2 >>

join