It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for Some Rock 'n' Roll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
My latest song, based on a true story.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I can't understand a lick of it but I like it

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I can't understand a lick of it but I like it

Thanks! Well the story's fairly straight-forward: I traveled south to catch up with some old buddies at summer solstice, and was told to piss off. So went walking about when some nutcase attacked me and kicked me in the eye.

In the local health care center there was no emergency duty and I was feeling really sick, about to faint and was unable to drive, with my eye and face all swollen and turned red. So I took a taxi to the next town, wherein the hospital they told me they're unable to help, as I'm not part of the district - so off we went 250 kilometres to the city of Tampere.

At this point I'm worried I've gotten brain damage and other permanent hassle, and taxi meter's running in the several hundreds (euros). Once we arrive, they tell that the eye doctor's not on duty - come back the next day.

But in the end I get compensation from the government for the trip and I can still afford a bottle of whiskey. So all turned well. :>

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I enjoyed it although I understood none of it.

As well, the opening to it reminded me of a sped up version of A Big Hunk O'Love by Elvis.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
I enjoyed it although I understood none of it.

As well, the opening to it reminded me of a sped up version of A Big Hunk O'Love by Elvis.

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm not sure if I know that exact song; was thinking more of Little Richard when cooking it up - a little tribute to the classic stuff.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kerhonen

Wow thats one hell of a story, sounds like something Brian Setzer would sing about.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Wow thats one hell of a story, sounds like something Brian Setzer would sing about.

From what I can recall, Brian Setzer played some pretty cool rockabilly music. Correct?

Hah, yeah. I wasn't laughing at the time, but now I thought it perhaps was worthy of a little song.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Correct.

Yeah thats a moment that will stick with you forever. It's a good song, wish more people made good music like that.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Correct.

Yeah thats a moment that will stick with you forever. It's a good song, wish more people made good music like that.

Thanks, man. I did intend to make a good song, but it's nice to know it works.

new topics

top topics

join