It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth... Is this Hell?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Sounds like a rhetorical question, but suppose we took it seriously for a second. We would first need to address the issue of the ambiguity of the Hell concept, and also if there is any logical basis for Hell on Earth.

We all know that life here isn't that bad. I mean, some of us have a warm climate. Fewer have a good steady rain season. Fewer have fertile land that grows beautiful, natural gardens that fewer still get to walk through. Some people have food to eat every day and a place to call home, but these "luxuries" aren't available to just anyone. No Sir, first you have to work your fingers to the bone for 50, 60, 70 years, or more. And if you don't want them, that's okay. We'll let you die outside. You just can't eat or sleep anywhere, but nobody will make you do anything. That's if you're lucky, and you live in a "fantastic" capitalist state like America. In China, you don't even get a choice. You work or you die. Doesn't this start to feel a little... one sided?

"One day the Pharisees asked Jesus, “When will the Kingdom of God come?”

Jesus replied, “The Kingdom of God can’t be detected by visible signs. You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you.” (Luke 17:20, 21 NLT)

Jesus spoke of the Kingdom of God being already around us. In the Kingdom of God is Everything, good or bad. So included must be heaven, hell, and earth. If all of these concepts each have their own truth and unique mind states attached to them, then why do we experience hell?
We work so hard to create our heaven that we don't mind that we're living in Hell...

What is hell? Hell is letting another have control over you.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritofEnoch

yep were in hell...way the world is going sure feels like it

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is neither, really. The Hell concept as we understand it is a complete distortion of what it actually is, which isn't a place but a state of being. Life is more comparable to purgatory, in which we either fall or ascend with the condition of our eternal integrities. If you want it to be hell, it can be hell, or heaven, heaven. Either way, we are the ones who make it this way.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
What is hell? Hell is letting another have control over you.

If that is the bottom line .. then we are all in hell all the time. Because God has full control over all of us. Sure .. there are some things that we can make personal choices about. But I mean in the BIG picture of things ... those things are out of our hands.

MY RESPONSE to 'Earth .. is this Hell?" ... is no. It's not Hell. It's Purgatory.
A time of testing and trial and suffering. Sometimes it really feels like someone is playing with us.
Hell is forever. Purgatory is temporary. So I have to go more with 'purgatory'.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Feels more like Gehinom to me. It's hard to reconcile the positive experiences in life with the obviously negative overtones that the word Hell denotes. Purgatory on the other hand, is a little more ambiguous as to whether the experience is wholly positive or negative. It has room for either or.

* Wow. In the time it took me to reply, I see many others share my view. Nice to know I'm not alone in my reasoning

edit on 24-3-2013 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
To understand it, we must accept the physical plane is not the only one. The concept of more than one realm is not only christian. If you care to take a look :

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-3-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Keep in mind, we know pleasures in life.
We all have the Internet, to say the least.

This is not true for everyone.
There are people out there who are born, never know anything but pain, then die.
Is that purgatory?
What if it's repeated forever? Is that hell?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Then Hell is a fantastic, beautiful place and I love it.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

You love war and murder and rape and death and slavery????

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
reply to post by SpearMint

You love war and murder and rape and death and slavery????

I was referring to Earth, not the behaviour of human beings. It's still a beautiful place.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Heaven and Hell - Religious analogy defined to control. Evil doesn't exist, its merely a conditioned point of view.

Here's chapter from a book many here would enjoy, The Awakening Of Intelligence, by Jiddhu Krishnamurti

And to remain in the circle of self-centred movement breeds disorder; there is always conflict there. And we attribute this conflict to evil, to the devil, to bad karma, to environment, to society; but the society is me and I have built this society. So unless this me is totally transformed I am always contributing to a major extent or to a minor extent to disorder. Order means behaviour in freedom. And freedom means love and not pleasure. When one observes all this one sees very clearly that there is a marvellous sense of absolute order.

Source

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
All this talk of "Hell" being the here-and-now just muddies the waters. Those who propose that our life on Earth is Purgatory are closer to the mark, but we should let things be what they are. "Hell" and "Purgatory" are mythical places, and the Earth is real. Jesus cut through all the BS when He promised us a greater or lesser position in His Father's Kingdom as the only outcome for us after death and resurrection. Heaven, yes - Hell, no.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The gates of hell reside here on earth. Near where the surprise fireball exploded.
Let's not kidd ourselves this place is painfull but hell is much worse.

In some ways you are right because everyone is connected with 2 angels.One from a certain part of hell and one from heaven. In the end who we listen to is are choice. It is thru this process that hell will one day be empty. Just remember they are both watching and trying to help you but one side does not know how to be good. After you die you are placed according to your deeds and your angels get to come and live just as you did. If you done well then the one from below can live a life according to what you taught during yours.

A Cherokee Legend

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Here is the same story, but it is called "Grandfather Tells" which is also known as "The Wolves Within"

An old Grandfather said to his grandson, who came to him with anger at a friend who had done him an injustice, "Let me tell you a story.

I too, at times, have felt a great hate for those that have taken so much, with no sorrow for what they do.

But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy. It is like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die. I have struggled with these feelings many times." He continued, "It is as if there are two wolves inside me. One is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony with all around him, and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right to do so, and in the right way.

But the other wolf, ah! He is full of anger. The littlest thing will set him into a fit of temper. He fights everyone, all the time, for no reason. He cannot think because his anger and hate are so great. It is helpless anger,for his anger will change nothing.

Sometimes, it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit."

The boy looked intently into his Grandfather's eyes and asked, "Which one wins, Grandfather?"

The Grandfather smiled and quietly said, "The one I feed."

www.firstpeople.us...

edit on 24-3-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There is no hell or heaven, what Jesus offers is salvation...because he has access to a dimensional vehicle that can travel through time, he offers to save people of his bloodtype.

Something so horrible happens in the future that the J man and his 2 other friends try in vain to alter history giving the least amount of damage possible.

I assume through revelations that rh+ humans will be wiped out through a selective disease.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
There is no hell or heaven, what Jesus offers is salvation...because he has access to a dimensional vehicle that can travel through time, he offers to save people of his bloodtype.

Something so horrible happens in the future that the J man and his 2 other friends try in vain to alter history giving the least amount of damage possible.

I assume through revelations that rh+ humans will be wiped out through a selective disease.

The "J man" never tries in vain. He said, "It is finished."
How do you read from the Revelation that RH positive people will all die?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Well I blindly took the future apocalyptic scenario presented in the bible and mixed it with good ol' illuminati eugenics and population reduction theories.

What would knock off 95% of the world's population? Something designed to target the membrane containing the D gene in Rh+ humans.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Does earth look like a boiling lake of fire to you

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Well I blindly took the future apocalyptic scenario presented in the bible and mixed it with good ol' illuminati eugenics and population reduction theories.

What would knock off 95% of the world's population? Something designed to target the membrane containing the D gene in Rh+ humans.

OK, nice synthesis of text and current events/conspiracies. Yikes, I'm RH+! Oh well, we're going to die sometime, and I won't be too sorry to move along...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GetLogic

Yes, as a matter of fact, it does.

Fire is just energy, and many many people are boiling over with rage and anguish.

There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and that's only me. I can't imagine what torture others may have to go through. Starvation, persecution, slavery, injustice... All present and accounted for in this world. Yes, sir, I tell you truly. We are in the flames and Satan has us fooled.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

What if I told you that very same feeling is the essence of god according to anglosaxon mythology? Feels good to feel according to Woden.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join