It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why the fudge did they remake the evil dead movie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
why have you disturbed our sleep? awakened us from our ancient slumber? you will all die like the others before you! yeah! i'm mad and i knows it. bruce campbell has to dismember a reanimated zombie with the strength of the terminator on pcp in part 1, saws off his arm, uses a shotgun that would knock a small frame woman over in part two, falls from the sky in an alternate timeline, sleazes around a bit, causes the scorn of an undead princess, destroys the necronomicon, and survives. what's for part 2 in the remake? a mental ward sorority? if only i can get into valhalla in glorious battle before then. odin help us

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

maybe cause they dont know how to right good scripts no more

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

To be honest it looks good very good actually. The first movie didn't have anywhere near the budget of this one or the special effects, hell except for Sam all the actors sucked. I'm an evil dead fan and while the original will always be the best for me it could have been a franchise had the original had better actors and a better budget

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

why the fudge did they remake the evil dead movie?

Because Hollywood has no talent.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
why have you disturbed our sleep? awakened us from our ancient slumber? you will all die like the others before you! yeah! i'm mad and i knows it. bruce campbell has to dismember a reanimated zombie with the strength of the terminator on pcp in part 1, saws off his arm, uses a shotgun that would knock a small frame woman over in part two, falls from the sky in an alternate timeline, sleazes around a bit, causes the scorn of an undead princess, destroys the necronomicon, and survives. what's for part 2 in the remake? a mental ward sorority? if only i can get into valhalla in glorious battle before then. odin help us

I agree, the first was done as well as it can be done, any attempt to remake and or make it better is a doomed proposition.

Number 2, well it was the king of all horror comedies. I laughed I cried I laugjed even harder, it was a true master woek, by on of the bst yet most underated actors in history. Bruce Campbell, you are a master of your art.

Both were just cheesy enough, yet somehow still attempted to be serious enough to make for one of the best films duets I hav ever seen.

Imho a remake will crash and burn, and never be anything close to the cult classic evil dead, or army of darkness.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I cant remember the last horror flick that got my skin crawling, special effects and "creepy" kids just don't do it for me. To reiterate the post above me, the originals were so perfect in there horror/comedy mix it makes me sigh to think what they will offer up, I hope im wrong.

I remember actually, Descent got me going pretty well...jesus that was what 7 yrs ago, ugh

I miss stuff like the original The Thing, In the Mouth of Madness, Dusk til Dawn, and TREMORS!!!(childhood favorite)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

I'm guessing that when you say "the original The Thing", you mean John Carpenter's 1982 version. That actually was a remake itself, the original being from 1951. I agree that it was the best version. Sometimes remakes are better than the originals, though I doubt that will be the case with Evil Dead.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As I understand it, Sam Raimi wanted to do his original vision for the movie as less campy, more scary. He didnt get that.

So now he is.

Its really not that big a deal-the movies will likely be quite different.,

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
ahh don't get your panties in a wad. the evil dead is a classic. classics get remade. hope they do it justice

you can always stay home

i wonder if donnie darko will ever get a remake.... can't replace the soundtrack though

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i cant even get through the commercial this explains my reaction. baxter getting kicked personifying the evil dead remake
they took it and filmed it with their cameras that's what they did! i'm in a glass case of emotion
edit on 25-3-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I suppose someone should post the trailer

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm such a huge Campbell fan.
Every one of the Evil Dead movies are my favorite flicks...of all time.

Bar none.

To see the trailer, and watch how they changed it into such a darker horror story...
I just don't know if I can enjoy an over-produced, over-hyped remake.
Especially knowing how much funnier the originals were.

You just can't ruin old flicks like that!

I may watch it, but only under extreme protest.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i'm getting drink and stoned before having my designated driver take me

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

no! no! bad movie bad trailer! we do that outside!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

that sounds like something the dali lama would say if he was the necronomicon's author

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

sory no can do this is a protest thread

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

that's what i thought about king kong but the ladder half just blows

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It sucked.
Im sorry.. but it seriously sucked.. and Im a horror genre fan, campbell fam, Raimi fan... and it sucked. Its like when I found out Santa wasnt real. It hurt my soul AND my sensibilities. The only good scene was the chainsaw scene.... at the end.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
reply to post by digital01anarchy

that's what i thought about king kong but the ladder half just blows

warning Spoiler alert do not read if you haven't watched and want to see the film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it sadly it gave up all its best parts in the trailer! acting is a b- /sound effects are a lot better then original I give it an A-, plot starts off good but quickly spins out of control=c-, the book of the dead basically gives away the whole movie, The possession scenes could have been way way better=d- I give it a d- because of what the evil says while it possessed a person in the film which isn't much " exorcist is the top of the scale on possession conversation". Surprisingly I will give it an A- on brutality. the face cutting scene is the peak of this movie. Gore= b- and I'm being generous. The potential of this movie was great given a good director it could have been awesome but to be fare this movie has many elements a director needs to be good at suspense, psychological horror, plot twists, lighting and artistic style as this film wanted to be more realistic it couldn't fall back on the dark humor which made the original so loved. ps i hated the contacts they should have gone full white outs or black outs sclera. I know, I know its been done to death but it still looks the best. Also why would the possessed start out scary faced then when damaged revert back to draw people closer its highly illogical

Things I liked about it= darker bodies when possessed, good brutality, some good sound effects

it basically borrowed from a lot of influences, needle in under they eye=audition, darker bodies= japenese influence, nails in face hell raiser, vomit in mouth= exorcist, cracking bones/ twitching while moving= enter 75% of every zombie movies every made. I could go on and on

The OP was correct to be mad it was remade

A soul crushing defeat of no new ideas coupled with a b- plot that was executed poorly

edit on 9-4-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hollywood should have been banned from doing remakes after that the crowning turd in the water pipe.....The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage. How dare they even touch such a classic!

I feel ill even mentioning it.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join