It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I fear aging... (replies from older members appreciated)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I'm 27 also. I haven't noticed any aging on my part trust me I've been waiting for it. I still look like I'm 21. My ex-girlfriend that is only 1 year older than me which does alot of tanning and god knows what else has aged very fast in her looks. She looks like shes deep in her thirties. She seriously looks really old and shes not even 30 yet. I think it has to do alot with stress and on her part tanning and that spray on tanning crap.

You should look to eating more healthier with fruits and vegies and workout. Some people in appearance just age faster than others...I'm just glad I've been blessed with youth.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Just turned 64, and not happy about it !
I found my soulmate 46 years ago, married her 43 years ago.
The love/lust has turned into something better.
We still enjoy being together and my biggest fear is having to go on without her.

Find yourself someone to love and be prepared to say "sorry" even if it's not your fault.
Lots of hugs, a couple of kids, and a few grandkids make it worth while
Everything in moderation.
Find a copy of "Desiderata" and read it every day.

Don't fear it, embrace it!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

GETTING OLD SUCKS!!
enjoy your youth while you still can....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
only this......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I turn 50 in April. If you an stay as silly at 50 as I am, then you'll be just fine.

Age is an attitude.

And grey hair is frickin awesome.

My wife and I are both grey-haired. (I think she looks sexy)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

As many have said, age is just a number. Or;

"Growing old is compulsory. Growing up is optional."

I'm almost 39, dating a woman who is 42 this year. I still play PS3, get out and do generally fun kid stuff when I can, and act like a teenager whenever possible. Tonight Ms. Templar and I had a waltz in the thunderstorm currently passing over us, then I had a dance with the cat (yes, the cat... Right up until it started raining...), and then we went and played with the kid's Lego and built an awesome truck out of all the spare bits.

I only stressed a little around 25, something to do with the 16-25 age demographic and being 'out of the cool club' so to speak. Looking back fifteen years later, I don't know what the hell I was worried about.

Bottom line? If this dude is someone you want to chase, then go for it. Don't let numbers hold you back

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Rarely give age a thought.. had to stop and think just now .. will be 70 in a little over a month .. age is largely irrelevant ... live life to the fullest .. learn .. grow .. do what you can to make the world a little better along the way ... nothing to be feared in aging ...
edit on 24/3/13 by Expat888 because: translation error ...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Take this from an old trooper your as old as your mind wants you to be!

I have birthdays, have had many birthdays but mentally I don't keep a tally of the

'years' aspect.

So much so that more years ago than you have lived I was having a medical assessment

and the Dr. asked "how old are you?" and I had to actually think about it, and after I had

worked it out I realised that I was 2 years older than I thought I was
....if he had

said as most do 'date of birth' it would have been easier to answer.

Last week I was at the dentist for the replacement of a couple of crowns and the newly

qualified young dentist remarked that my old ones were older than her
and to

top that both my daughter and grand daughter who dropped me off home said to me as I got

out of the car "You shouldn't be wearing those heels!"

Because I don't think in 'years' and just go on doing what I am capable of I realise I

am as 'old' as my head tells me! When I first moved into the cul de sac that I live in I thought

I was around the youngest of the people living around me, however as time has passed by

I realise that I am probably the oldest....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'm 46 and still feel like the same person I was when I was in my twenties. Age is a number and a state of mind and nothing more.

48-teen here.

A little different for those with a mirror for a best friend though but for many, the older you get, the less the numbers matter.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm an odd one out it seems, as turning 40 for me has had an unexpected change in me for some reason. problem is, no matter what I turn my attention to I find strands of old habits lingering around reminding me of things now abstained from. but nothing seems complete. still, gotta refuse those thoughts any power and send them on their way.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Im 42 and just starting to come out a dark period of my life. And you know what,I cant wait where life takes me next. Who knows whats around the corner. I still don't feel any different than when i was 20. Still have a good sense of humour. I keep reasonably fit and im planning to get in the fittest shape i have ever been. The old age don't frighten me. In fact when i get on my feet, Im going to be stronger than i have ever been. You really have nothing to worry about. At 27 you have the world at your feet as well as your good looks. Don't worry about it age is just a number like money is just paper. I would love to look in the mirror and see brad pitt, But it aint gonna happen!.. Beauty is more than just looks to anyone who has a true heart

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You are hardly a cougar at 27 . You are very young still . I wouldn't hesitate to be interested in a guy who is 21 at your age .
So getting older depends on your health and keeping the body in good shape. Im not doing so well with that , so Im not very pleased with all the aches and pains at my reletive young older person . Our bodies are breaking down faster with the poisopned skies and poisoned foods . So take some precautions now
Do yoga , detox from the chemtrails often and eat fresh clean foods. and keep up the love before you do get old from lack off .

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I am 58, with heart disease, arterial sclerosis, clogged veins in the legs, fatty liver, torn rotator cuff, chest pains, constantly exhausted, smoker, trouble breathing,

and I STILL drag myself to the store to buy lottery tickets. I'm gonna hit the big one before I kick the bucket!

What this means is, no matter your age or physical condition, you are 100% alive until you die. You will always have wants and needs to achieve, hopes and dreams to fulfill, and the desire to live every moment as though it's your last.

You are attracted to someone much younger than you...GO FOR IT!

edit on 3/24/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I'm an odd one out it seems, as turning 40 for me has had an unexpected change in me for some reason. problem is, no matter what I turn my attention to I find strands of old habits lingering around reminding me of things now abstained from. but nothing seems complete. still, gotta refuse those thoughts any power and send them on their way.

LOL This reminded me of when a friend once said, "When we were younger we could drive past the high school and look at the girls. Now we can't drive by the high school and look at the children!"

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
To be honest I've avoided this thread for a while

I along with a certain mod am one of the few on ATS that has killed, and know's it for sure, and has accepted it.

I'm not proud of it, but if given the same situation and having run the scenario's over and over again in my mind would I do it again ?

Damn right I would

All I can say is don't fear growing old my friend, life will throw you curve balls and you will define yourself by how you react.

My greatest fear is lying on my death bed and saying as my school reports did

Should try harder.

Cody

edit on 24/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

GETTING OLD SUCKS!!
enjoy your youth while you still can....

Gigantic understatement. Everything you are thinking about how horrific it is to get older is true and much much worse.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Well , I just turned 35 yesterday on the 23 of march. I have learned very few profound or useful lessons that would benefit another.

One thing I have learned though is that persistence pays. I am what some woukd call hard headed, I never listen, I must always learn all the lessons the hard way, I have gotten good advicenmany times in my life, too bad out of thi usands of times, I only probably listened once or twice.

This isnt a bad thing though, as I have learned these lessons by making the mistakes, I have also learned that somtimes advice is indeed good and worth listening to. Will I listen to anyone else even now having said that? Lol unfortunately I still probably will not.

Just be you, do what you want, dont try to make others happy, you only get the one life, use it to make you happy, let everyone else worry about their personal happiness, it isnt like they cared about yours to begin with.

I learned this lesson the hard way also, I spent many of my first 26 years trying to make others happy, all it ever got me in that time was butthurt and heartache. The day I stopped giving a toss what others want and like, and started caring about what I want and like, is one of the happiest days of my life, and I have had a lot of good days since then.

Besides, making yourself happy is usually one of the ways to make others happy also, nobody wants to be around someone who is unhappy all the time.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'm just coming up to 30 years older than you, EllaMarina, and you know what? It doesn't matter at all!

If we're blessed with health and we're lucky, then we all get older. Worrying about it at all won't do anything but make you feel older faster.

I recall when my grandfather turned 80 I called him up to wish him happy birthday. (We lived in diferent countries.) He was quite a character and very droll. After our greetings, he said, "You know how they say that smoking takes ten years off your life?"

Grandad had smoked from around age 14 til he quit when he was about 70. So I replied, "Yes, Grandad. I've heard that."

"Well, if smoking takes ten years off your life, then if I hadn't been a smoker, I'd be ninety now!"

Then, when Grandad did in fact have his 90th birthday, I called him up and he said, "You know, there's a very interesting fact: very few people die when they're ninety."

"Really, Grandad? I didn't know that."

"Well you see, it's because very few people live to be ninety!"

I learned a lot from him. He took each day as it came, he never worried -- "If you can do something about it, then do it. If you can't, no point worrying about it, is there?" -- he loved to read and was always learning new things.

He passed away well into his 96th year and the Christmas before, when I went over to visit him for a week or so, he said, "Live goes by so fast, you know. It really does. Hard to believe I've seen ninety-five years come and go." He paused a moment as he looked off into his huge store of memories then he said, "Take every day as a gift and always be glad for it. Every day is special and you'll never see it again once it's gone."

Getting older -- or getting old -- is not about years. It's about how we see our lives and what we see as important in them. For my grandad, the important things were family, friends, and being as happy with life as you can. This philosophy served him well for nearly a century, and I wish you the chance to gain the same experience and blessings as he did.

Mike

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
my outlook on aging is this... if you are alive then you are younger than your death age...old is when you are in the ground collecting mold and worms.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If you can't stay young, you can at least stay immature.

-Red Green

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join