It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn and Teller lies about Autism to cover big pharma

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by texasyeti

When will you people learn if you don't take it you have a risk if you do take it there is also a risk, life is all about chance some you win some you lose.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you are interested in the subject of autism, I suggest your read Dr. Andrew Wakefield's book "Callous Disregard". He definitely links autism with vaccines, but his research showed that that was not the only cause. He discovered that many children begin to have serious digestive problems that cause changes in the brain and that dietary changes may improve dramatically their condition after immunization. He was discredited by the medical establishment in the UK because, like here, no one wants to hear anything about the vaccine-autism connection. I don't believe that we should stop vaccinating children, but parents need to be very alert for the symptoms that Dr. Wakefield describes so that they can stop the autism process from escalating.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Yogamom

Forgot to add that the last place I would think to go for the definitive answer to autism would be Penn and Teller. I don't recall and medical credentials after their names or having read any of their research. Why were they even doing this video? Who paid them to make this?
Anyone serious about this subject needs to read relevant research, not listen to Las Vegas preformers for their answers.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Regressive Autism is new, children who were talking suddenly stop talking after vaccination. Whereas Natural Autism is what we're born with, but it's rather different, these people often are high intelligence and are talented in Mathematics and Computer Programming

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I don't understand this mindset that Autism is somehow a new and man made disease.

It's existed as long as any other mental condition. Back in the day, the clan/tribe would chuck him over a cliff because he was a liability to the group.

Or later on, families would just lock his dumb ass in the attic and not mention it. Hope the neighbors don't see anything.

Autism is nothing new.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein
Regressive Autism is new...

Can you back this statement up?

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Natural Autism is what we're born with, but it's rather different, these people often are high intelligence and are talented in Mathematics and Computer Programming

this is a ridiculous stereotype, born of ignorance

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Before anyone gets nasty, let me tell you all that my boy Sam (13 y.o.) is autistic.

No, he can't do math or count toothpicks instantly.

He will kick your butt instantly, however.

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's not, research this for yourself, it's all factually accurate.

Originally posted by skalla

Natural Autism is what we're born with, but it's rather different, these people often are high intelligence and are talented in Mathematics and Computer Programming

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
REGRESSIVE AUTISM AND MMR VACCINATION

www.whale.to...

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

www.whale.to...

Harte

There's nothing in your link that backs up your statement that regressive autism is new. Was that a mistake, or do you actually not have anything?

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The info is there, extensive information

www.whale.to...

Harte

There's nothing in your link that backs up your statement that regressive autism is new. Was that a mistake, or do you actually not have anything?

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I wonder how many of the mothers with kids born with Autism drank diet soda while pregnant? Isn't Aspartame a neurotoxin? It has to be the food additives or the mercury something is definitely wrong for the US to have so many autism cases. 1 in 88 is crazy!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

It's not, research this for yourself, it's all factually accurate.

Originally posted by skalla

i have, for over ten years with a client base of over 500 autistic people.
how did you "learn" this?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by texasyeti

Because they weren't lying....As countless studies have shown, there is no link, and even if there WAS a link "Mercury, the ingredient in vaccines suspected of causing learning disabilities, hasn't been used to preserve the medicines since 2001" gizmodo.com...

You can find tons of proof that there is no link by simply doing THIS

It's hilarious to me that the first link in your proof of no connection to autism is this link:
vaxtruth.org...

Do you find it odd how vociferous, militant and propagandistic the no-connection-to-autism argument is among the pro vaccine crowd? It's almost as if there were an agenda....

Could it be the vast amounts of money Big Pharma makes or the ability of our overlords to sterilize compromise and control the population?

Who funds those studies by the way?
articles.mercola.com...
One of the first studies in europe, they used to attack Dr. Wakefield was run by a paid shill of the vaccine industry who was later indicted for fraud and embezzlement.

There were animal studies way back in the 1990s that showed a link between thimerosal and autism like behavior, are those invalid now? Hmm here is a more recent study,
www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu...

Of course we have the interesting result that autism has been declining in Georgia shortly after their removal of thimerosal.
www.ageofautism.com...

Sorry I don't trust the CDC or the UN or the AMA or big pharma, to give me the straight story on vaccines, when they have so much to gain by promoting it.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes, I know your fingers can mash keyboard buttons, so claim what you want. But there's nothing in your linked page that states in any form that regressive autisim is a new thing.

Harte

The info is there, extensive information

www.whale.to...

Harte

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Of course we have the interesting result that autism has been declining in Georgia shortly after their removal of thimerosal.
www.ageofautism.com...

Thimerosal hasn't been used in any vaccine in the US since 2001. Yet, the incidence of autism has risen every year since then.

I believe it is you that is using bogus info here.

Sorry I don't trust the CDC or the UN or the AMA or big pharma, to give me the straight story on vaccines, when they have so much to gain by promoting it.

No problem. However, get your facts straight at least.

Harte

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

www.ageofautism.com...

Thimerosal hasn't been used in any vaccine in the US since 2001. Yet, the incidence of autism has risen every year since then.

I believe it is you that is using bogus info here.

No problem. However, get your facts straight at least.

Harte

So you claim I have my facts wrong. Then you would have to assert that autism is still increasing in Georgia.
In fact autism rates are on the decline according to this analysis.
www.aapsonline.org...

However thimerosal is still used as a preservative in many vaccines. In part because they had to clear old inventory, but also because they just shuffled where they apply the preservative. It is still used in the flu vaccine, which can be administered to children.
www.naturalnews.com...

Thus we can debate whose 'facts' are facts here.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Please read my earlier posts. You were just told that they took it out, which BTW was actually in 1999. However, there are links of bold face proof that thimerasol is still in use. And these are the CDC's and FDA's documents, not mine. I suggest you get your facts straight.
edit on 25-3-2013 by maddog3n8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasyeti
I find it pretty sad Penn and Teller said there was no connection to Vaccines and Autism. That's Big Pharma paying them to say that.

I don't know if they are lying because they were paid off. However, I do believe Penn is a know-it-all, idiot. I am aware of the recent crap he spouts about autism. I have also seen him doing the same thing about the Bible, and about Obama. Okay, if you take one well-established side of several two-sided arguments, chances are you will eventually be right. But come on, how can anyone think this man can be this expert on so many issues? Do you really get education on all those different things when you study to do slight of hand?

Just a blow-hard trying to find a way to stay in the news. He is overly impressed with himself, and doesn't care who his opinions may hurt.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
penn and teller are paid by the nwo croonies.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join