It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn and Teller lies about Autism to cover big pharma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I find it pretty sad Penn and Teller said there was no connection to Vaccines and Autism. That's Big Pharma paying them to say that. The brain of a child younger than 18 months has no sheath over their nerves its just forming, so when you pump a young child up with huge amounts of shots at one time for various things the mercury goes directly to those nerves and stays there. Its hard to get the mercury out of your system. So as the child's brain develops a sheath is formed over the nerve centers in the brain causing Autism. EVEN THE CDC Chief admits that it causes Autism! How many families lives does this have to destroy before they ban it! Penn and Teller also defend Monsanto, Flouride in water, and GMO crops. All of which are dangerous. Monsanto puts viruses in crops that infect people! Get a grip!

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Umm where is your evidence? All I read was conspiracy based paranoia.

You conspiracy nuts are deranged and never show any science behind anything you say. You just believe what some other fool dribbles on about and it is gold to you guys.

Con men make a lot of money off the gullible.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by texasyeti

Because they weren't lying....As countless studies have shown, there is no link, and even if there WAS a link "Mercury, the ingredient in vaccines suspected of causing learning disabilities, hasn't been used to preserve the medicines since 2001" gizmodo.com...

You can find tons of proof that there is no link by simply doing THIS

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by texasyeti

Because they weren't lying....As countless studies have shown, there is no link, and even if there WAS a link "Mercury, the ingredient in vaccines suspected of causing learning disabilities, hasn't been used to preserve the medicines since 2001" gizmodo.com...

You can find tons of proof that there is no link by simply doing THIS

The claim that vaccines no longer contain thimerosal is patently false. FDA "Thimerosal in Vaccines" You will note the charts at the bottom list vaccines routinely given to children under 6 years.

Even the CDC admits it's still in Flu vaccines given to children under 18 months. CDC - Thimerosal

Edit: Of course the FDA definition of "thimerosal free" includes trace levels...
edit on 24-3-2013 by TonyBravada because: Add

edit on 24-3-2013 by TonyBravada because: Add

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

A new study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has shown that prenatal and infant exposure to vaccines and immunoglobulins that contain thimerosal does not increase risk for autism spectrum disorder (ASD). "Prenatal and Infant Exposure to Thimerosal from Vaccines and Immunoglobins and Risk of Autism" is published in the October 2010 print edition of Pediatrics

CDC

This study found that children with any ASD conditions and those without ASD had similar ethylmercury exposures at the end of each exposure period from pregnancy to 20 months of age. Exposure to ethylmercury from thimerosal-containing immunizations during pregnancy (prenatally), or as a young child, was not associated with any of the ASD outcomes. The researchers found that the results were similar between boys and girls—thimerosal-containing immunizations did not increase the risk of any of the ASD outcomes.

The CDC studies seem to show exactly what Penn and Teller had to say on the matter. There is no correlative data to show that immunizations and autism are related.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
They're telling the truth im afraid the original study was full of glaring mistakes. the cause is most likely genetic but the vaccine link has been disproved time and time again.

www.time.com...

here is just one article covering alot of important information before you just take on board one debunked study and disregard all of the others. Look into it properly and if you have a reasonable brain you will see quite quickly that it was a dodgy theory full of glaring holes. if your only research is conspiracy sites then you wont change your mind but if you widen the net a bit youll see the holes that are glossed over. im autistic so its in my interests to point the finger. but wanting to believe something doesnt make it true. be well

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I wonder if they would be in my magic show? Put them in the box and hey presto the swords go straight through them. OOps wrong box

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
So of course the CDC would never outright lie to us... Swine Flu Vaccine caused 4250% Increase in Fetal Death

The shortened version of that is the CDC denied for over a year that there were adverse events caused by the 2009/2010 swine flu vaccine. Later, they were forced to admit the fact that women who received the vaccines were more than 42x likely to not birth a living child. They now recommend monitoring of all children born to women who received the vaccine (while pregnant.) They would have continued to deny the cause of the miscarriages and stillbirths had incontrovertible evidence not gotten out.

There is another study showing that the most predictive known marker of severity of autism symptoms is the concentration of heavy metals in the brain and blood, with emphasis placed on mercury. Another study done (at either Pitt or UPenn) showed that the full course of childhood vaccines caused autism like symptoms in chimpanzees. Of particular note is the fact that it was the first study ever completed on the entire series of childhood vaccines. That is to say, neither the CDC nor FDA nor any other government agency has ever studied the combined effect of every vaccine given to children. So, how can one say it is safe to give more than 30 doses to young babies?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

Yeah joking about murdering people is hilarious.

Grow the %&*^ up.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I haven't seen this, but OP might be interested...

a documentary; "Pharmawhores"

This is a PART 1 of a the full length film about a sting that was counter-stung. . . . A scheme to discredit a highly credentialed vaccine industry investigator that backfired on SHOWTIME, Penn Jillette and Raymond Teller, their show Penn & Tellers Bull#! and their mob bosses who control nearly everything including your life and health.

In this documentary, Dr. Leonard Horowitz, a YouTube favorite, and investigative journalist Sherri Kane, armed with documents, props, and a professional film crew, expose SHOWTIMEs network executives in partnerships with the most powerful drug industrialists, proving Penn & Teller are more than celebrated opportunists. They serve BigPharma as media propagandists--PHARMAWHORES!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Anthrax testing on children

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Bilky

Grow the %&*^ up.

I can see that you have no sense of humor. I guess being the epitome of compassion can do that. Anyhow when I hear about people endorsing vaccines it brings out the worst in me. Take for instance the testing of anthrax vaccines on children which I'm sure you would endorse and find compassionate. Don't you ever lose your temper? Or are you just the epitome of self righteousness.
anthrax vaccine testing on children

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You don't have anything to support what you claim. First, prove there's a link, then prove Penn and Teller were paid off. It's really disappointing to see people throw stars at you just because you said vaccines are bad.

"Flouride in water, and GMO crops. All of which are dangerous. Monsanto puts viruses in crops that infect people!"

Back these claims up while you're at it. Do you believe everything you read on the internet that goes against the consensus?
edit on 24-3-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
Anthrax testing on children

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Bilky

Grow the %&*^ up.

I can see that you have no sense of humor.

No, it was just unfunny and completely unrelated.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Humor is a perspective and thats yours. I'm curious since you obviously think vaccines are ok or is it that you dont have evidence to say either would you let your children be vaccinated with the anthrax vaccine. Seeing that its actually good for them?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
You don't have anything to support what you claim. First, prove there's a link, then prove Penn and Teller were paid off. It's really disappointing to see people throw stars at you just because you said vaccines are bad.

"Flouride in water, and GMO crops. All of which are dangerous. Monsanto puts viruses in crops that infect people!"

Back these claims up while you're at it. Do you believe everything you read on the internet that goes against the consensus?

Star and flag from me for the OP simply because of your ignorance.....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The link the OP has cited claims a 4250% increase in fetal death rate. 2005 death rates put fetal death rates at about 25,000 for the year.

A 4250% increase from that number would be over 1 million fetal deaths, or approximately 1/4th of all babies born in the U.S... So yeah. Bullsh**.

Autism affects roughly 1 in 88 children born. Most vaccines have a 90%+ coverage rate. If vaccines were causing Autism, you'd see a significantly higher number of children born with Autism. It's theoretically possible that vaccines in combination with something else could be causing some forms of Autism in some cases. But a blanket statement of Vaccines cause Autism DOES NOT ADD UP. It's very, very simple math.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

A new study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has shown that prenatal and infant exposure to vaccines and immunoglobulins that contain thimerosal does not increase risk for autism spectrum disorder (ASD). "Prenatal and Infant Exposure to Thimerosal from Vaccines and Immunoglobins and Risk of Autism" is published in the October 2010 print edition of Pediatrics

CDC

This study found that children with any ASD conditions and those without ASD had similar ethylmercury exposures at the end of each exposure period from pregnancy to 20 months of age. Exposure to ethylmercury from thimerosal-containing immunizations during pregnancy (prenatally), or as a young child, was not associated with any of the ASD outcomes. The researchers found that the results were similar between boys and girls—thimerosal-containing immunizations did not increase the risk of any of the ASD outcomes.

The CDC studies seem to show exactly what Penn and Teller had to say on the matter. There is no correlative data to show that immunizations and autism are related.

If "the data" proved otherwise, you would expect them to come out and say it?

Please.....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01

Originally posted by SpearMint

Star and flag from me for the OP simply because of your ignorance.....

No skin off my back, I just said it disappoints me. So basically your reply is saying "I'm ignorant, gullible and want to disappoint you too". Well done.

It really is disappointing though, this says a lot about the community. A useless thread containing only accusations based on nothing, and people push it too the top. I saw a great thread about evolution the other day, it contained information, sources, videos and thoughtful replies. I think it got about 4 flags.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
reply to post by SpearMint

Humor is a perspective and thats yours. I'm curious since you obviously think vaccines are ok or is it that you dont have evidence to say either would you let your children be vaccinated with the anthrax vaccine. Seeing that its actually good for them?

That's contradictory to you saying "I can see that you have no sense of humor".

You made a joke about Penn and Teller dying by impalement, completely unrelated to the topic. "Joke" is too much credit, you basically said "what if they got impaled". Hilarious.

Anyway, the burden of proof falls upon the side making the accusation, the evidence that they're ok is simply (but not limited to) the lack of evidence that they're not ok. People that blindly argue that vaccines are not ok are just demonstrating their ignorance because they don't have anything credible to support their claim. Unfortunately these people can't understand that since they seem to always lack the ability to think critically and apply logic, so in their view it's my side that are the ignorant ones. Doesn't really matter though, nothing will come of their drivel, medical science will continue to advance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join