It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to avoid drones, evade their primary source of "seeing", the thermal imager

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by Xtrozero
reply to post by Metallicus

Why worry about one drone camera when you can have 1000s on street lamps, intersections, buildings etc...hehe
Look at London to get a clue...

A drone would not be typically following you unless they pick you for whatever reason and that reason would be a good one to spend the money a drone flight cost.

Because traffic cams, streetlight cams and so on haven't been bombing families into oblivion afaik...drones have been and could be tasked to do so on US soil.

Great they can also use manned helos with hell fire missles AND the UAVs that are big enough to also shoot missle are already flying in the US, so that point is moot. The vast majority of UAVs are small with only cameras. The big push for 2014 with the FAA is for UAVs under 55 lbs.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The big push for 2014 with the FAA is for UAVs under 55 lbs.

Some view these as the 'foot in the door'.
Next it will be a bigger and better one for police, the better to catch criminals with.
Then they will drop flash bang grenades with them to help SWAT teams and avoid endangering personnel.
Then, instead of dropping a bomb from a helicopter (as was done with a PA State Police helicopter in the Philadelphia MOVE debacle), they will drop them from a drone.
Then come the missiles.

I, unlike Mayor Bloomberg, am not saying that this is inevitable. I am just saying that the slippery slope is there, if we choose to let them push us down it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

I agree very much that hiding in the open is the best way to hide from thermal as you cannot identify a person with a thermal camera, however. I wouldn't be caught dead living in any major city in the US. You couldn't pay me to live in a city.

<< 1  2   >>

join