It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to avoid drones, evade their primary source of "seeing", the thermal imager

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Peazz

If your name pops up in a data base somewhere you mighthave a different story . Iliken this to the 10 year old taken off of a plane because his name was like someone elses was on a terrorist list . How about when you can't pay your bills and now you have been put on a list of debtors and that becomes a crime .

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I can sort of understand where people are coming from about privacy however if you can be seen outside by a passerby then there is no difference if you are being seen by an eye in the sky.

Honestly there have been high powered satellite borne cameras for decades so I think the hang up with people now is with the word drone. It is an irrational fear as far as I can tell.

The day they can see through walls into my house then I will get peeved but until then they can watch me go on about my everyday life if they wish it doesn’t interfere with how I live in the slightest.

Start getting peeved.
They already have drones that can see through walls...

CBS News
It is hard to keep up with technological advances today. Keep in mind that this is something that we know that they have.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The best way to avoid thermal is to live in NY city

Them drones would play hell seeing anything, especially in sewer tunnels and buildings

Don't think living off the grid in them there hills are gonna help you, the satellites and drones will quickly dispatch you if you aren't living inside of a massive cave complex with multiple exits with fresh water pouring in and a way to draw food to you ....undetected

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
You have no idea if I'm an internet cop or not, so you better not argue with me ever again. Or, you'll be in handcuffs because it will become a law that makes it illegal to verbally challenge anyone in law enforcement. Don't believe this could happen? Just wait.

So we shouldn't have police officers observing public parks or highways because some day there might be such a thing as an internet cop and it might be illegal to argue with one. Got it.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well, one benefit to all the drone hysteria, are the scammers making a load of money from selling all kinds of crap to the paranoid sheep who think drones are watching them everywhere. A bit like people who sell emergency bunkers whenever there's a new date set for the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by jiggerj
You have no idea if I'm an internet cop or not, so you better not argue with me ever again. Or, you'll be in handcuffs because it will become a law that makes it illegal to verbally challenge anyone in law enforcement. Don't believe this could happen? Just wait.

So we shouldn't have police officers observing public parks or highways because some day there might be such a thing as an internet cop and it might be illegal to argue with one. Got it.

In order to understand you would probably need to live in other countries for a while. Countries with too many laws. Countries that try to control what you eat, wear, and say. In Egypt, a woman was sentenced to 7 years in prison for switching from Islam to Christianity. In Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries you will be put to death for being gay. You will be arrested for showing affection in public. If you are a woman you better not be caught driving a car, or for not wearing a sheet that completely covers your body.

Do you want laws that invade every aspect of your life? This is where our laws are going, and they are going there with the technology to make sure you are caught. This is NOT a good thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
reply to post by Metallicus

Why worry about one drone camera when you can have 1000s on street lamps, intersections, buildings etc...hehe
Look at London to get a clue...

A drone would not be typically following you unless they pick you for whatever reason and that reason would be a good one to spend the money a drone flight cost.

Because traffic cams, streetlight cams and so on haven't been bombing families into oblivion afaik...drones have been and could be tasked to do so on US soil.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That link didn’t show anything except a poll that says people are afraid of drones well I already knew that.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That link didn’t show anything except a poll that says people are afraid of drones well I already knew that.

Well here are more links. Read them, not just the titles.
Slate Magazine
Here is a blurb from the Slate article, talking about 2006 technology, just in case you want to blow these off...

STTW has been around for a while. A 2006 report from the National Defense Universitymentions a DARPA system that can "detect the presence of personnel within rooms (stated to be successful through 12 inches of concrete)," as well as a commercially developed system with a "30-foot standoff capability." The next step, to protect U.S. personnel, is to put the technology on "unattended" mobile devices. Since the initial context is urban warfare, the pioneering client is the Army, and the introductory platform is unmanned ground vehicles. But the goal is to increase "standoff distance" and spread the technology to other platforms.

Huffington Post
bgr.com
Fox News
edit on 24-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What happens when you shoot down one of those pesky drones . The low flying ones you could do a kamikaze job and ram it .

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Agreed ! The big brother government is taking all the liberties it wants, and supposedly to keep us safe . The government is what we need to be saved from . If we can not threaten them literally with force they will simply take more and more liberties . The government has to respect the people . As in early France , the people had to put the government in it's place . But if they can disarm the people and effectually castrate the men , then they have you .

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
In the world of drones, who makes the life and death choices, based on what evidence? If a government offical wants power or to remove an person who has something career changing for them, would they have the power and the agenda? In the case of an economic crisis such as Cyprus, would you want a government desk jockey making mortal and moral choices for you and your family? As for the last few years, I do not trust this administration, and have watched the rights of our people evaporate before my eyes, and to trust one of their peons to make calls based on their superiors motives is just pure ignorance. I for one think they are for opposition elimination, plain and simple, and for the " I do not fear them cause I obey crowd" hope you do not step out of line one milimeter, and tune up some Lennon music.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

AS much a I don't like Obama the Bush administration actually accomplished more damage to America that Obama has so far .

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I was no Bush fan either but these lovers of transparency and freedoms have reversed not one of the previous admins moves, as a matter of record they have doubled down on the orders.....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
even if you are not doing anything wrong you deserve youre right to privacy. Once you lose that right you lose the nessecity of probable cause which in turn means you are subject to search and seizure of person, belongings or both at anytime and this already happens often. Thats not even to mention the issue of the growing poorer communities of people most likely to have their privacy breached in such a way. Indeed our rights have been seized like assests.
edit on 24-3-2013 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Now you just need to prove that everyday people are being targeted with that technology.

If someone wants to watch my thermal then they can have at it. I would like to see them try to figure out what I am doing.

BTW maybe you should actually read the content in your links before posting them instead of blaming others.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Now you just need to prove that everyday people are being targeted with that technology. 

Not really.

I told you that you may get peeved now.

What you have done now is move the goalposts.

If someone wants to watch my thermal then they can have at it. I would like to see them try to figure out what I am doing. 

edit on 25-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

BTW maybe you should actually read the content in your links before posting them instead of blaming others.

BTW, I did read them. It is painfully obvious that you didn't.
They are using shortwave radar to peer through 12 inch thick concrete walls, not infrared. It's in the links.
My first link posted had CBS News stating that the authorities do have drones that peer through walls. But you know that since you read the articles that you blame me for not reading.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

(Did you really need two posts for one reply.)

This is your original link so get with it dopey. Of course I was talking about your original link.

(AP) WASHINGTON - More than a third of Americans worry their privacy will suffer if drones like those used to spy on U.S. enemies overseas become the latest police tool for tracking suspected criminals at home, according to an Associated Press-National Constitution Center poll.

Congress has directed the Federal Aviation Administration to come up with safety regulations that will clear the way for routine domestic use of unmanned aircraft within the next three years. The government is under pressure from a wide range of interests to open U.S. skies to drones. Oil companies want them to monitor pipelines. Environmentalists want

Also as I said if you can prove they are using the tech on the general populace then I will care but them having tech doesn’t get me up in arms. I do not share your irrational fear of infinite possibilities.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

(Did you really need two posts for one reply.)

This is your original link so get with it dopey. Of course I was talking about your original link.

(AP) WASHINGTON - More than a third of Americans worry their privacy will suffer if drones like those used to spy on U.S. enemies overseas become the latest police tool for tracking suspected criminals at home, according to an Associated Press-National Constitution Center poll.

Congress has directed the Federal Aviation Administration to come up with safety regulations that will clear the way for routine domestic use of unmanned aircraft within the next three years. The government is under pressure from a wide range of interests to open U.S. skies to drones. Oil companies want them to monitor pipelines. Environmentalists want

Also as I said if you can prove they are using the tech on the general populace then I will care but them having tech doesn’t get me up in arms. I do not share your irrational fear of infinite possibilities.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

Do you really have to stoop to name-calling?
This is from the CBS News link....

But privacy advocates caution that drones equipped with powerful cameras, including the latest infrared cameras that can "see" through walls, listening devices and other information-gathering technology raise the specter of a surveillance society in which the activities of ordinary

You have to read the whole thing. There are multiple pages, you have to click at the bottom to see the successive pages.
Do really have to beat this dead horse?

As I said before, you moved the goalposts.
edit on 25-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join