It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exiled Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky found dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Exiled Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky found dead

www.ind ependent.co.uk

Boris Berezovsky, the Russian tycoon and former Kremlin insider who became one of President Vladimir Putin's fiercest critics, died at his Berkshire home yesterday. Initial reports said he died in his bath, and several sources claimed he had been depressed. Other accounts said he had recently suffered heart attacks. Thames Valley Police are now investigating.Boris Berezovsky, the self-made billionaire and archetypical Russian oligarch, has died at the age of 67 in London, where he had lived.But his fall from grace in Moscow was swift, leading to his conviction in absentia of "economi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.aljazeera.com
www.the atlantic.com

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Whenever an extremely wealthy person dies, this always comes to my mind, How much do you need ? End of the day, your shroud still has no pockets. DHL and Fedex still not flying that route.

A Russian parable, told by Tolstoy no less : How Much Do We Need ?

The protagonist of the story is a peasant named Pahom, whose wife at the beginning can be heard complaining that they do not own enough land to satisfy them. He states that "if I had plenty of land, I shouldn't fear the Devil himself!". Unbeknownst to him, Satan is present sitting behind the stove and listening. Satan abruptly accepts his challenge and also tells that he would give Pahom more land and then snatch everything from him. A short amount of time later, a landlady in the village decides to sell her estate, and the peasants of the village buy as much of that land as they can. Pahom himself purchases some land, and by working off the extra land is able to repay his debts and live a more comfortable life.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ind ependent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Sat Mar 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You may be allowed to live for a few years longer than expected, but eventually, the Russians will collect their debt.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
You may be allowed to live for a few years longer than expected, but eventually, the Russians will collect their debt.

A good day for Russia and Russians. Bloodsuckers like him, beggered the Russians and starved young children during the 1990s. Surprised that Russian KGB could not get him for more than a decade. I think the most efficient intelligence organization is that of Mossad. They seem to get their objectives quickly and efficiently.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
When you broke the law in the East and ran to the West, you will be welcomed commensurate with the loots you brought along. This is ASSYLUM 101.

I find it very disgusting that our governments continue to pander and shelter to shady characters as such.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mypan
When you broke the law in the East and ran to the West, you will be welcomed commensurate with the loots you brought along. This is ASSYLUM 101.

I find it very disgusting that our governments continue to pander and shelter to shady characters as such.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

Who did he p--- off?

He was putin's political controller until putin got too powerful for him to control and he shut him down.

Come on. Dude is former KGB.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mypan

Whenever an extremely wealthy person dies, this always comes to my mind, How much do you need ? End of the day, your shroud still has no pockets. DHL and Fedex still not flying that route.

I think the super rich, think of it as as game (at the expense of everyone else) I think this is their mindset "He who dies with the most toys-WINS" I don't understand it.
edit on 24-3-2013 by StarsInDust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join