It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For anyone thats ever wondered if our news is scripted...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I did a search and did not see this posted so if it is, please delete or move it to where it needs to be mods.

Conan O'Brien yet again exposes just how scripted our news is. I have to wonder who it is that writes this stuff for them to say. I do not know how to embed videos so you will have to click on the link to watch. Just something interesting that I thought I would share. Enjoy.

climatecrocks.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What exactly do we need them for?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theweapon

How would we know what to think without them telling us?
Seriously though, things like this just reinforce the fact that the flow of information to the general public is controlled.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Of course the news is scripted...what else would they be reading from the teleprompter? I worked for FOX for several years, here is how it works for a local affiliate; national sends down the stories that must be covered the rest (filler news) is generated by local reporters or the producer. Most stories have to get final approval from the station news director. The scripts are written by reporters of producers of the station. So what is the problem...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's key words to hit triggers in the subconcious.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-3-2013 by NorthBlizzard because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Well, it wouldn't be a problem except that sometimes, the same wording and phrases are identical on all networks.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

Yes as I said some stories come down from national to the local station, makes sense that every FOX or ABC affiliate would report a national story similar. Majority of stories as well are rehashed AP stories first..
edit on 23-3-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

#2 on the list in here...

If everyone knew...

I channel hop the news on TV sometimes. I am always amazed how they all play the same story at virtually the same time. Just like commercials.

Click on Local news. Then click on CNN and theres the same story ... click on Fox, and there it is too.

They do that so they can figure "saturation" into their computer formulas about which demographics are affected by which stories at what time of day. Showing a particular story at the same time across all the stations insures that more people saw it at once and that it doesn't appear to be promoted. Who has five screens tuned to the MSM all day (besides them, I mean)?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

There is your real answer national is controlled by 6 corporations.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

In my day, News papers and magazines were the goto for information in depth. The newspaper empire was controlled by Randolph Hearst. He was a king and his mansion was the place to meet for world leaders and corporate as well as political heads of state. You just knew that they were cozying up to rule the world there. It was common knowledge and everyone marveled.

Who is behind the facade today?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

. Yes, I have noticed that the same news stories run on every news channel as well as in our local newspaper. I have asked my spouse repeatedly how there can really be this little "new" or "original" news? I find it very unsettling. Whomever controls the flow of information controls the world....and we are being spoon fed! I think that the Trevon Martin case and the shooting of the school children are two examples of where the public could see the terrible job that the news agencies did covering the stories - at least until the "official" AP version was circulated. I remember hearing conflicting reports and miss-information and just outright inaccurate information. When the AP version came out at least the story was consistent even if there was an obvious agenda. Now I really only rely on the news for weather updates....and they don't seem to do a very good job with that either.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buvvy

. Now I really only rely on the news for weather updates....and they don't seem to do a very good job with that either.

My neighbors cows seem to be better weathermen than the news is. Seriously. If the cows are out and about grazing then its always a nice day. If they are all sitting under a tree together then its going to rain.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Ahh the rise of "yellow journalism"! Same families that have always had their hand in it would be my guess...Who knows? The Hearst family had their hands in lots of pots. Hearst was a member of the Bohemian Grove and founded "The Family" club, that is an influential figure there

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
can some one post a different source with a different embedded video? My country is blocked by the youtube source so I can't use it. Everything I've looked for links to it and I get the Blocked in My Country error.. :^/

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You probably tried this already. Conan's play list on YouTube has it at number 60 (rising gas prices). Heres number 59...

Let it auto scroll to the next one? I should be interested to hear if all of Conan is blocked or just this one?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright

Well, it wouldn't be a problem except that sometimes, the same wording and phrases are identical on all networks.

NOOOO,you're Kidding........Oh my God......

Ok for those who still don't get it even with the massive sarcasm. In order for every news item to be uniquely reported then every event would have to be covered by a journalist from every media outlet. That's just plain dumb. Instead some news items are shared WOW, shock horror.

As for scripted news. Well Jesus H come on. Of course it's scripted. Sometimes they have "just in" and news flashes that aren't scripted. Ever noticed how the question and answer session deteriorates ? Scripting gets the news out clearly and concisely.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Great tip :-) S&F

new topics

top topics

join