It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war beteen the Anals, and the Intuitives....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think we need both, and that friction is, in fact, creative.

Alone, both my husband and I are creative people- we both like to draw, paint, make things, write.....
I think we tend to be pretty "balanced" between these qualities.

But when we get together, and are working ona project, I noticed we take a side... one becomes the anal one and other become the intuitive (I usually refer to it as being the intellect and the emotion, the terminology doesn't matter though). It is never the same role! Sometimes hes the anal, and I am the intuitive, sometimes the other way around.

It sort of depends on who started coming up with the idea first, and the anal one demands that it processed and organized and streamlined carefully. When you are the intuitive, the other sort of seems like a party pooper, ripping apart the brilliant dreams.... but over time (and changing roles) we've learned that it is necessary to be doing both.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The fact that you still cohabit would seem to indicate that you have found a way to to allow either person to
act out the opposite role.....and i would say you are probably both intuitives....
Thus you intuitively procide the balance, hopefully non stressfully.....this by unspoken mutual agreement likely too.....
Now were you wedded to a died in the wool Anal....then this scenario may be darn near impossible to duplicate.....
The whole trick is to do what you are doing on a larger more scientifically based, scale.....
There must be rules which apply to managing such confrontations and making progress as well...
Just imagine the millions of man hours spent in such scenarios everywhere....
A psychological approach with some garantee of success wouldsave so much wasted efforts and posturing.
Perhaps by laying down ground rules to the troops so to speak...where one orders them to come to terms
or maybe by more subtle and gratifying way which do nopt produce loosers or winners but blend the types to maximunm harmony.....
I know not whether tha Anals can fly, or are just refusing to unfurl their wings.....but i suspect a" fear of flying" keeps them grounded.....( dont hang me anals, i speak generally....)
Nor do i know a perfect method to make them do so....
On the other hand, there is a need for way to bring the intuitives down to earth from time to time as well.....
And this must be done without excess wavering from the set goal which the group is headed for.....
And please accept my appologies for the titles,. but i thought the title provocative of discussion.....
We all are familiar with the two extremes.....call them what you will.........

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
Sometimes when I'm bored I like to find couples in supermarkets, and when they're not looking drop a bottle of anal lube in their cart. The resulting arguments are priceless. (You're wondering what supermarket aren't you?

I gotta be honest..

During my time spent in retail this was a great way to liven up the day. The kicker is most often they wouldnt notice..

Or they pretended not to notice and avoided saying "That bottle of Summer Eve is not mine" in front of other customers. :lol

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Intuitive: Darmok and Jilad at Tangara. You dig?

Anal: wtf are you talking about? Speak English moron.

Intuitive: *sigh* Transporter lock commencing...

www.hulu.com...

edit on 27-3-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join