It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war beteen the Anals, and the Intuitives....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
There will always be a war between the Anals and the Intuitives.....
Mankind is plagued with two alternate personality traits which underly the movements and motives of men.....
Firstly we have the Anals....these people plod....they insist on crossed Ts and dotted Is.
But when they get their tower built, it generally stands....

Now the Intuitives, are a different breed of people entirely, they are always running ahead. or lagging behind, intrigued with or enthused by something they have encountered.
The Anals want structured and staid, and the Intuitives want whatever their fancys may paint....
Goals are met in well planned stages by the Anals, while the Intuitives though often producuing startling innovations,tend to present a far more haphazard apearance, with things proceeding in leaps and bounds of whatever duration...

The results of this duality make social endeavours of any sort a nightmare for both types...
The two types matched badly in any situation can prove a disaster for the one or the other....
In dangerous conditions, the two differing personality types could forseeably make disjointed decisions that may have dire consequences....

Some psychologicaly sound technique for harnessing these unmatched personalities,and unleashing the dual potential which exists when they can work in harmony.......must be more widely disseminated .

Though i am not aware of formal rules for managing a team or group of people who are goal oriented....
I think a program focussed on melding the two types of mindset would advance the chances of successful
conclusions......
Given the desperate and immediate problems facing humanity, we need better ways of managing people to work out complicated problems. People with no personal axes to grind....people who are well matched, in needed talents to accomplish the impossible tasks we keep putting off.....
To this end i think it would be wise if not interesting to develope a method of matching personality types etc to produce desired goal oriented results.
Thus ending the eternal war, and melding the naturally endowed combatants into a comprehensive fusion.
Perhaps i should have filed this under rant.....i am getting so tired of the old
"Pics or it never happened" line

edit on 23-3-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Opposition is what makes us thrive, without it we would be robots.

That is the beauty of the madness of life, without the frustrations others put on us or we put on them, there would be no strive for anything better.

Merge everything into one and you have just that, one thing that cannot interact with anything else.
edit on 23-3-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think you paint a very cynical picture of humanity OP.

Variety is the spice of life and personally I am glad there is such diversity among the various nations and cultures in terms of outlook, art, music and architecture to name just a few of the differentials that have arisen thanks in no small part to the so called "war" you lament.

Basically,humans are awesome.Some more awesome than others , it has to be said.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by stirling

Opposition is what makes us thrive, without it we would be robots.

That is the beauty of the madness of life, without the frustrations others put on us or we put on them, there would be no strive for anything better.

Merge everything into one and you have just that, one thing that cannot interact with anything else.
edit on 23-3-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

Agree. Also, where the OP sees chaos and conflict I see perfect harmony. The intuitive daydreamers come up with great ideas that the anals make real. I wouldn't change a thing in this department.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Very good post. I like the choice of words.
It's a tough problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't know much about these prison gangs, but why can't they all just get along?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Thanks, JiggerJ. That calmed me down a lot (I've been having room-mate issues), I used to remember that.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
About 50% of analysis is anal.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sometimes when I'm bored I like to find couples in supermarkets, and when they're not looking drop a bottle of anal lube in their cart. The resulting arguments are priceless. (You're wondering what supermarket aren't you?)
edit on 23-3-2013 by KaiserSoze because: Must be a full moon.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So the perfect person would be anal-intuitive?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ah that was you...........

I dont see the situation as a beneficial way to solve common problems....
Nor do i see the friction as striking sparks which impell rather than impede, the process of comming to useful
conclusions.....at least not as a rule.....
I think the depth of the personality differences being a hindrance if not carefully managed by some kind of scientific principals or psychological methods.
What i am proposing is a sort of offshoot of mind control tehnique and or "Hegelian" principals by which particular groups of individuals can be oriented towards a singular goal or problem,and reach successfull conclusions, without the usual social problems that arise between personality traits which are almost opposites by nature....
maybe i am barkin up the wrong tree.....

Ps theres no "perfect" person......just personality types....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
I don't know much about these prison gangs, but why can't they all just get along?

I'll see you dead for that question! Whoops, sorry for that, I really should be getting to bed...

As to the OP, good thread and good thoughts. I think things may be a bit more complex than just two competing personality types, but I do tend to agree with you on a base level. I also think most people wouldn't hesitate to put themselves in one category or another, for instance, I realized intuitively and rather quickly which category I belong in... =D

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Alan Watts called them the prickly and the gooey.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
OP, you never mentioned what personality type you consider yourself to be. Your post seems to stem from intuition, but comes across quite anal.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I like the terms "anals and intuitives," if overly dramatic.
However, there are all sorts of ways to make the principles behind those words. One now out of favor but retaining validity is "left brain/right brain."

In terms of application of those types to our world, I suggest a far more basic assessment with one term working both ways. That would be "materialists and non-materialists." You can plug that into the real world as a root cause of differences via a variety of channels as monks and builders do their thing.

Due to our animalistic tendencies that we got honestly, we are builders (that includes destroyers). On the other hand, as conscious creatures it stands to reason that we should be looking ahead to where the urge to change physical things to suit what is in fashion should perhaps be over-thrown and we look deeper into the non-material essence of consciousness and see that it is not confined to any material object.

The major problem with materialism is that it worships what is solid, tangible, REAL and that is a terrifically effective club to use against the non-materialist. It is easy to understand, demonstrate, enduring and strong. (Take a Chinese AK-47 into a Mongolian monastery and see who wins,) The tide will only turn when the non-materialists develop the power to alter the material world at will. Not all at once, but a piece at a time.

To put that into graphic, materialistic, terms, the future of humanity waits until a mind or collection of minds can turn a physical object out of existence and that will take a bit more evolving to say the least. But the day will come.

In relating to this thread, there never will be a meeting on common ground between the two types. the materialists will hold the hill and the disadvantaged will hide in their holes, practicing their talents. Eventually, the guerrilla army of consciousness will organizes itself a into a force (no pun intended) to be reckoned with.

I would extremely hate to think that I read too much science-fiction in my younger days in shaping the views above and the only game in town is the raw reality of materialism.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
OP, you never mentioned what personality type you consider yourself to be. Your post seems to stem from intuition, but comes across quite anal

I think that there are degrees and blends of these personalities.....
Its possible the Intuitive may cross the line that separates....
But its very unlikely the Anal can accomplish the same journey without some guidance....if at all....(not that they would want to either....
Or do you think its an equal possibility?

Aliensun........"The major problem with materialism is that it worships what is solid, tangible, REAL and that is a terrifically effective club to use against the non-materialist."

Now youre talking.....this stolid personality is so supremely confidant that it is difficult to dislodge him/her, as they consider they are comming from rock solid foundations....

The Intuitive is much more ready to bend with the flow of facts....regardless of past conclusions....

The UFO forum is ample illustration of the two opposing types, and the problems that arise when they meet
In even informal discussion the Anal requires solid proofs and will not allow the testimony of annecdote to sway his set perceptions.
In extremis, this position invariably ends up with both sides, throwing their hands in the air, and giving up attempts to communicate in disgust.

The crux of the matter is that this very common situation is fraught with negative results, cancelling any hope of progress as well as creating lasting emnities which build over time......these are ripple effects that also have a net
destructive influence on any mutual projects.

I well realize the need for the two personality sets, and agree that they are both required for the advancement of
our knowledge base.....that little intuition comes to fruit without the unswerving efforts of the Anals....
What would be a boon to all mankind, is a deeper understanding of these natures, and a "science" of blending them to perform the nessessary evolution that we require for survival.....
I am sure that the problem of matching these types could benefit from some psychological rules of thumb at least.... some optimum way of harnessing these mindsets to maximize their harmonic capability.
One sees this "war" being continuously fought everywhere........but the battles are endless time wasting repeats, and the possibility of real discovery is overshadowed by it.......(not always, but all too often)...
What is required is a ready method of bringing balance to both extremes, yet this is far more complicated and confusing to the participants than possible. in most confrontations...........

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

In relating to this thread, there never will be a meeting on common ground between the two types. the materialists will hold the hill and the disadvantaged will hide in their holes, practicing their talents. Eventually, the guerrilla army of consciousness will organizes itself a into a force (no pun intended) to be reckoned with.

This is a really great statement, I like it. I always felt disadvantaged having a head like a radar dish, except it kept me safe when I went homeless.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thats kind of the nutshell alright.....sorry you are homeless....

What i am proposing is that there is some way of dealing with these situatios for both sides that would be net beneficial......if somebody would or could mediate no matter which side....
The point being there isnt any effort being made to resolve this and develope guidlines for people to use when dealing with the problem.....like we have all kinds of guidlines for everything else.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The way I think of the anal skeptic is that everyone is playing monopoly, or some sort of role playing game, and then the anal skeptic kid with 0 imagination sits down and starts screaming, "them aint real houses, thats not a real railroad, that's not real money".

They spoil all the fun. Didn't they have toys when they were kids?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"They spoil all the fun. Didn't they have toys when they were kids? "
Toys they may have had, but attention nuturing and human interaction may have been lacking......
Its hard to say what creates the Anal.....deep dissapiontment of some kind or impersonal child rearing possibly.....
But it is obvious that there needs to be some way of harnessing the talents and proclivities of BOTH types towards oriented goals...
This is the real problem....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join