It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus in Genesis: The Gospel in the genealogies of Adam.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Not patronizing, just kind of..... lost.

So Satan is god but Satan doesn't exist? Wouldn't that also mean that god doesn't exist since Satan doesn't?

I'm confused.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

I would but rather would not since my only goal is to reveal to the masses that time travel exists....

The Bible includes no character named Lucifer. Isaiah had never heard of such a being. Nor had the apostles of Jesus’ day. Lucifer, as a manifestation of the devil, is a later invention. We find no association between helel ben shachar of Isaiah 14:12 and Satan until the time of Tertullian (c. 160-230 C.E.) and Origen (c. 185-254 C.E.). The proper name "Lucifer" does not find its way into a translation until Jerome’s time, some 150 years later.

Dr. Watts summarizes, "The apparent reflection of a ‘Lucifer myth’ in v. 12 is just that. It is a simile to picture the fall and disgrace of the tyrant." We learn nothing of the origins of Satan from this story.

The character god in the bible, the one who speaks is not the real god who created everything. There is no devil or satan in egyptian mythology.

The bible and torah are directly from the teachings of Moses otherwise known as Amenhotep IV, aka Akenaten. Moses who was a pharoah of egypt, this is Sigmund Freud's most fascinating piece of work. Also you don't have to understand time travel okay! I've seen it with my own eyes just believe it exists!

There's more, a lot more and put into a more flowing presentation, unfortunately I leave all my research at home and I waste time on ATS while I'm at work. I feel as though my answer is only half assed since my pics and links are on my laptop at home.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I do think that it's possible that whoever wrote the OT could have switched a few names around, but time travel? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The character god in the bible, the one who speaks is not the real god who created everything.

I agree entirely with that...

Jesus vs The imposter

Whether or not said God is Satan is up for debate... though again I could understand this argument...

And its not that I don't believe time travel is possible... though I would say it is highly unlikely there are any biblical references to it...

the possibility that the name "Lucifer" was inserted into the bible really has no bearing on the concept of time travel though...

You're also implying that the true God was one of the many from Egypt... And I don't know of many similarities between any of the Egyptian gods... and the True God of creation...

So I do wish you would explain further....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I do think that it's possible that whoever wrote the OT could have switched a few names around, but time travel? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Yes the names are definitely switched around in the Bible, read the chapter of enoch and read the story of jacob in genesis. There is no other explanation for what they experienced other than dimensional travel. I assure you if I did not see that timecraft in Texas I would not even flirt with the idea of time travel, but I did...and I cannot wait until others see what I've seen.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This god is called Atun , Aton , or Aten.

He is the only god that moses aka Amenhotep IV aka Pharoah Akenaten forces all of egypt to worship around 1300 BC.

The god aton, or just god is a peaceful creator that just loves to create and experience. This is the egyptian god that the christian god is modeled after. He is not a personal god, he does not understand our everyday toilings, he is like a blind deaf parent that can only love.

Coincidentally if you trace the origins of the universe using applied science or math, you will also come to this very same conclusion of a master creator.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Now Egyptian mythology isn't really my forte... but with a few quick searches it seems that is sun worship...

And while it may be true that sun worship has made its way into Christianity... This Atum doesn't sound like the Father I know of...

the sun god Atum is said to have ascended from chaos-waters with the appearance of a snake, the animal renewing itself every morning.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Now Egyptian mythology isn't really my forte... but with a few quick searches it seems that is sun worship...

And while it may be true that sun worship has made its way into Christianity... This Atum doesn't sound like the Father I know of...

the sun god Atum is said to have ascended from chaos-waters with the appearance of a snake, the animal renewing itself every morning.

en.wikipedia.org...

No it isn't sun worship, unless christians worship churches, get my drift?

Wow is it just me or does it seem like most of the internet is missing? I'm having trouble sourcing my perceived understanding of the sun as a symbol like the cross for this religion.

The reason why I chose to look at ancient egyptian religions is because the common threads I kept finding in all religions seemed to have a deeper source through egyptology. I've even found that ancient egyptians have a recount of exactly when Rh+ man was created.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes

en.wikipedia.org...

No it isn't sun worship, unless christians worship churches, get my drift?

Wow is it just me or does it seem like most of the internet is missing? I'm having trouble sourcing my perceived understanding of the sun as a symbol like the cross for this religion.

Yes... that God is sun worship...

The cross is a symbol of their faith... They don't worship it or their churches...

or at least they're not supposed to...

In the Old Kingdom the Egyptians believed that Atum lifted the dead king's soul from his pyramid to the starry heavens.[5] He was also a solar deity, associated with the primary sun god Ra. Atum was linked specifically with the evening sun, while Ra or the closely linked god Khepri were connected with the sun at morning and midday.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The cross is a symbol of their faith... They don't worship it or their churches...

In the Old Kingdom the Egyptians believed that Atum lifted the dead king's soul from his pyramid to the starry heavens.[5] He was also a solar deity, associated with the primary sun god Ra. Atum was linked specifically with the evening sun, while Ra or the closely linked god Khepri were connected with the sun at morning and midday.

To an outsider looking into the christian faith without an understanding, it would appear that they worshipped a cross with a dead guy on it. I'm sure even back then...people knew staring at the sun made your brain mush. From my understanding Aton is all within and without the cosmos, he is the fiber of everybeings being, he is the essence of love when you feel love. The sun is not Aton, it is just a fraction of him that we can feel everyday.

I promise from what I originally learned it was not sun worship and Moses aka Akenaten had to make this very clear to his subjects.

Oh and the main reason why they got rid of pharoah moses is because he told the people to stop giving greedy priests their money.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

To an outsider looking into the christian faith without an understanding, it would appear that they worshipped a cross with a dead guy on it.

Well... I am an outsider looking in... with complete understanding of the principals of the faith... which I don't entirely agree with, but that is beside the point...

They aren't supposed to worship the cross... again its just a symbol of their faith of the man on that cross...

I'm sure even back then...people knew staring at the sun made your brain mush.

Not sure what that has to do with anything honestly...

From my understanding Aton is all within and without the cosmos, he is the fiber of everybeings being, he is the essence of love when you feel love. The sun is not Aton, it is just a fraction of him that we can feel everyday.

I suppose we would need to define love at this point as it relates to Christianity... as opposed to lust... which is the "feeling" I assume you're speaking of...

I promise from what I originally learned it was not sun worship and Moses aka Akenaten had to make this very clear to his subjects.

Yes... and he made it very clear... The God moses worshiped was not the sun God...

Oh and the main reason why they got rid of pharoah moses is because he told the people to stop giving greedy priests their money.

Not according to the story... Moses wasn't ever to be appointed Pharaoh because he wasn't of the same bloodline as Ramses... Moses was a Hebrew adopted by the royal family... found in a basket in the river... and he was put there because his family were trying to avoid the command given by herod that all first born must die...

A wise man came to herod and asked him what he knew of the new king... and Herod got pissed because he considered himself the "king of the jews"

edit on 24-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

"What we were powerless to do, Christ did, dying once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God."
This looks like an example of a Misslerism that apparently the members of his cult pick up, making their own custom verses by splicing together bits from here and there to create this unique philosophy that looks biblical but is designed to promote a teaching that is not what the Bible teaches.

If you were to read the context of where the first part of this patch job came from, you see the very next verse refutes your premise that people are just always going to be evil so why bother trying to be good.

. . . in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Romans 8:4

And your own 'quote' refutes your claim, saying the direct opposite of what you said right after that:
" . . . man trying to reach out to God."

That was the whole idea of Jesus coming, to convince us of the potential effectiveness of reaching out for God, but through the intermediaries of Jesus and the Holy Ghost.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This matter will just depend on our perspectives, if you are willing to look deeper there are coincidences, if not then it will rest where you let it rest.

The book is called Moses and Monotheism by Sigmund Freud if you are willing to look over perhaps some notes or opinions on this work. He never claims that Moses is Akenaten or Amenhotep VI, but he will reveal coincidences that are undeniable...but this man never makes any claim at all, he leaves all the evidence up to the reader.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
reply to post by Akragon

This matter will just depend on our perspectives, if you are willing to look deeper there are coincidences, if not then it will rest where you let it rest.

The book is called Moses and Monotheism by Sigmund Freud if you are willing to look over perhaps some notes or opinions on this work. He never claims that Moses is Akenaten or Amenhotep VI, but he will reveal coincidences that are undeniable...but this man never makes any claim at all, he leaves all the evidence up to the reader.

Well... that is not the kind of book that I read my friend...

I haven't read a book from the past 1500 years since highschool...

Though it looks like something you're quite convinced about.... Why not make a thread about it?

Im sure it would be intriguing...

and "coincidentally"... On topic

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

From Wikipedia:

Although idols were banned—even in people's homes—these were typically replaced by functionally equivalent representations of Akhenaten and his family venerating the Aten, and receiving the ankh (breath of life) from him. The radicalisation of Year 9 (including spelling Aten phonetically instead of using the rayed solar disc) may be due to a determination on the part of Akhenaten to dispel a probable misconception among the common people that Aten was really a type of sun god like Ra. Instead, the idea was reinforced that such representations were representations above all of concepts—of Aten's universal presence—not of physical beings or things.

Akhenaten is the same person as Amenhotep IV.

So it really wasn't sun worship apparently. I think the connection to the sun has to do with light. God is light/consciousness, the caster of the image we see. I believe the depiction of the sun was used because the sun creates light which in turn creates our image.

This theory is very intriguing in my opinion. I think it's very possible that Moses was really an Egyptian pharaoh. Amenhotep was apparently erased from history for some time, so the name change could have something to do with that.

Just food for thought.

edit on 24-3-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Here's another piece of the puzzle....Amenhotep III had 2 wives, one was a hebrew woman named Tiye, the other was his half sister that he had to marry for monetary reasons.

In the bible why would a king (solomon) have to mediate a fight between 2 mere women? He is the most important man in the kingdom, why? The answer is because it was in his own house.

This same story occurs between Moses' mother's, they fight for him and the king tells them to rip him apart, the loving mother ends up relinquishing her child.

Just more proof of Moses' past and how the Bible/Torah have all names altered, if you look hard enough you can find god's real name, I forgot what it was though
. (it's not in the bible)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Oh; I forgot another neat part of it... the first letter of every name from Adam to Terah (Abraham's father) apparently spells out another message in Hebrew:

"I will forgive my enemies, having compassion, forgiving those made from dust once again."

Chances of coincidence? Nil. But did each father knowingly pick their sons' names to keep the chain going, or did God plan it? There really aren't any other options; it sure wasn't random chance. And if it was the fathers, how could they know which of their umpteen sons would go on to father someone else that eventually led to Jesus, and which of their sons' offspring would not be part of that genealogy?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Interesting but this is just another coincidence that makes the names even more suspicious to alteration.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
B’reshyt - Bet Resh Aleph Shin Yad Taw – The six letters that make up the first word – phrase in the scriptures, that is translated in most English bibles as “ In the beginning”

Bet_ The Pictograph (P.) House and when Bet prefixes a word - In, by, on

Bet-Resh the first two letters of scripture together spell Bar – Son H1247 – P. head of man Resh – *First

Bet-Resh-Aleph spell Bara - Created H1254 the second word in HaTorah – P. Ox – Aleph Power

In * Beginning House Son Created > Resh-Aleph-Shin spells Resh or Rosh – Head, *Beginning H7218

Shin_Sharp, Press, Two –H8127 P. Two Teeth, the Root is H8150 c. Pierce

Shin-Yad_Shay – Gift, Present H7862 P. Arm – Yad

Shin Yad Taw - shyt(h) – Set, Appointed H7896 P. Cross

In beginning House Son created, two arm gift appointed cross ET

Hebrews 1:8-10, John 1:3, Col 2:16 –~Y~E~S~H~U~A~

רֵאשִׁית Resh Aleph Shin Yad Taw – reshyt – *Beginning, Firstfruits H7225

אשִׁ Aleph Shin = esh – Fire, burning H784 Yad –Shin, Yesh Exist, Is, Be H3426

Aleph – Taw ET > First and Last

2701= הארץ ואת השמים את אלהים ברא בראשית 37×73 = חכמה Hhokmah –Standard 73 x Ordinal 37 Wisdom

B’reshyt bara Elohiym ET haShamayim b-ET haErets = ~Y~A~H~Y~A~H~U~W~A~H~Y~E~S~H~U~A~

Baruch atah Adonai YESHUAMASHIACH

יהוה YHWH = Arm Behold Nail Behold

www.ancient-hebrew.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Religion, ALL religion, is about man trying to attain to god (or godhood).
Is this another Misslerism?
I think religion comes originally from people not wanting to die from plagues or famines or wars, and not having the power over the elements and instead subject to them, would seek a higher order being who would have abilities to avert calamities and to provide what was needed for life, like rain to make food plants grow.
What your argument seems to be doing to me is to lend support to your cult's stance on sin and salvation, by saying trying to be righteous and good is really trying to be god. Your cult being the "saved sinners" cult, believing that being saved requires nothing on our part other than to just believe that we are saved.
It is true that it does say in the Bible that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god.
If you look at the context, Paul's argument is that even if you are a Jew, and think you are properly maintaining all the required traditions of that religion, you have still sinned at some point in your life and require salvation just as much as a gentile does.
The "righteousness as filthy rags" quote from Isaiah is a lamentation of the 'righteous', who were the 'suffering servants', who were 'counted among the sinners'.
What this is essentially, is the upper class of the Judeans, who were taken into captivity by the Babylonians, complaining that they were righteous in their carrying out the functions of the temple, but it was those wicked common folk who just couldn't stop themselves from secretly worshiping in their own local altars, that caused this catastrophe and their own undeserved suffering, even though they themselves were righteous, it was to no avail for then, and were forced to suffer for the wicked, just as if they had sinned themselves.
So the verse, in actuality, is not saying they are not righteous, but is describing a persecution complex that they are unjustly forced to suffer for the 'sins' of others.
edit on 25-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join