It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we understand a message from ET?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Its a bit difficult to take that seriously when having a 15 year old relationship with several of them, or visit their homes on other planets.

And its not just hockey, they are bigger fans of basketball.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i think the4 best idea is to use a beacon light rather then radio signals ...a light that emits on diffrent light spectrums and then that light will forever be travelling and also travelling alot faster then the speed of sound ...who agrees with me ?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufokingdom
i think the4 best idea is to use a beacon light rather then radio signals ...a light that emits on diffrent light spectrums and then that light will forever be travelling and also travelling alot faster then the speed of sound ...who agrees with me ?

I think a beacon light could work. It would have to be very powerful. As bright as a star. If you were to change the light spectrum to form a message how would you sent it so another species that could understand it? Light and radio waves travel at the same speed. The sound in a message is like tuning into a radio station the message sent would be the program on the station.
The beacon light message could be four colors representing DNA bases. The problem I see in using light is that its spectrum can change depending on the speed the receiver of the message was sent too is going. If the receiver is moving away from the sender the color will shift more red.
edit on 28-3-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
yes, it is to get people to realize the blatant truth behind every conspiracy theory and it's roots, the mother of all conspiracies.

And then what? Is that all? "Realize" something?

Do something, yes, I need to improve myself and my message so I can more easily show humans that there is only 1 conspiracy that is effecting our entire world, it's effects are so deep you will find 100's of conspiracies spawned from just this 1 fact.

And then what?

Do I think this is a miracle cure all? No but for starters I think it'll help those that believe shed religion and maybe be inspired to reevaluate the entire world around them. Be free from the shadow puppet theater.

And do what exactly with that knowledge? Overthrow the government? Quit their jobs? Kill themselves? Half the people on earth are already distrustful of anything anyone says. I'm just not hearing any plan here.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Is An Alien Message Embedded In Our Genetic Code?

The answer to whether or not we are alone in the universe could be right under our nose, or, more literally, inside every cell in our body. Could our genes have an intelligently designed “manufacturer’s stamp” inside them, written eons ago elsewhere in our galaxy? Such a “designer label” would be an indelible stamp of a master extraterrestrial civilization that preceded us by many millions or billions of years. As their ultimate legacy, they recast the Milky Way in their own biological image.

It is fun to look at all the possibilities.

This could be a message sent long ago.
edit on 3-4-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by d8track
Is An Alien Message Embedded In Our Genetic Code?

The answer to whether or not we are alone in the universe could be right under our nose, or, more literally, inside every cell in our body. Could our genes have an intelligently designed “manufacturer’s stamp” inside them, written eons ago elsewhere in our galaxy? Such a “designer label” would be an indelible stamp of a master extraterrestrial civilization that preceded us by many millions or billions of years. As their ultimate legacy, they recast the Milky Way in their own biological image.

It is fun to look at all the possibilities.

This could be a message sent long ago.
edit on 3-4-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

I saw that episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. It had kind of a weak ending.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hii,

First thing is that if they are human beings like us and intellectual then they will give us what we human beings want.
They will give us love because they are intellectual.

There was one message received on 13th december, 1973 by ET beings.
"Intelliegnt Design : Message from the Designers"

Other message received was on august, 1977.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vishal1Sharma
Hii,

First thing is that if they are human beings like us and intellectual then they will give us what we human beings want.

There was one message received on 13th december, 1973 by ET beings.
"Intelliegnt Design : Message from the Designers"

Other message received was on august, 1977.

What messages were received? What do you think they mean?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Why should we try to decode anything? If they want to talk to us, speak English just like all those aliens on StarTrek. Otherwise, it just sounds like noise like all those other languages like Mexican.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

The aliens should talk to us in in our language that would be great. We can not talk to any life on this planet. If we could than maybe we might understand E.T.
I started this thread on Animal communications

Lets look at life on this planet first.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
They have been sending us messages via Crop Circles . Just our ignorant mind is unable to decode them

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
There is no way to comprehence the message from ET. Our scientific level is a children's toy to them.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Regarding comparing highly advanced alien extra-terrestrials communicating with us to humans communicating with ants is a valid input into this topic, however, one must take into account that ants do not operate by intelligence like we do. Where an ant goes and what it does is entirely based on where the pheramones lead and what its natural response in any given moment is. This is called instinct.
As a collective, their society seems intelligent. But individually and without a pheramone trail to follow, they are completely incapacitated and they have no means of reflectory thinking, meaning; they could not come up with a solution to their problem since they act on instinct and not by conscious thought.
Comparing an ants non existing intelligence to our own is a bit unfair. Not only to ourselves but the ants as well. They can't help it. It's the way they are designed.

What should be considered and should only further validate the theory that a more advanced species of extra-terrestrials could communicate with us is the fact that we can and are communicating with several animal species that have lower levels of intelligence than ourselves. Dogs, dolphins, monkeys, apes, seals, elephants etc.
The problem arises when we try to communicate with non mammal species. But, then again, there aren't many intelligent non mammal species and our common sophisticated level of intelligence is arguably due to our emotional character, whereas most others show no evidence of emotion at all.

I would argue that since we are beginning to understand the communication of both wales and dolphins; for a race beyond our level of intelligence, understanding how we communicate and our language should be rather simple.

Additionally, when it comes to humanoid, bipedal extra-terrestrials; yes, why should they not exist?
We cannot even agree on how life actually came to be here on Earth. If the truth is that life here originated from an outside source, be it through terra-forming (intervention theory) or by a, or several space-rocks hitting the Earth and seeding it with microbial life (panspermia), then it is entirely possible that the same thing has happened in other places around the Universe and our DNA may very well not be exclusive to us.
In other words; bipedalism may be a Universal phenomena.

(Sorry ants. I never intended to put you in such a bad light)
edit on 30-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by d8track
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

The aliens should talk to us in in our language that would be great. We can not talk to any life on this planet. If we could than maybe we might understand E.T.
I started this thread on Animal communications

Lets look at life on this planet first.

Missed your post there, d8track. Good point.

One must bear in mind that as far as we know; while our vocal method of communication has its limits, we are the only species on the planet that have an alphabet, and that is the key, as our language can be decyphered and understood by studying it thoroughly. This is how we interpret ancient texts and how binary code can contain written messages. Patterns :-)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

As a collective, their society seems intelligent. But individually and without a pheramone trail to follow, they are completely incapacitated and they have no means of reflectory thinking, meaning; they could not come up with a solution to their problem since they act on instinct and not by conscious thought.
Comparing an ants non existing intelligence to our own is a bit unfair. Not only to ourselves but the ants as well. They can't help it. It's the way they are designed.

That is interesting. For comparison, our brains are made up of individual neurons that communicate with neurotransmitters. As a collective of neurons, it is intelligent. Every intelligent system can be broken down to its individual parts.

So we can mimic the way other animals communicate and trick them. So, in a sense, WE speak their English but they are probably unaware of this. Perhaps ET is communicating with us while we are unaware.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
An honest Extraterrestrial is going to land, perhaps a robotic probe, they will project for all to see in an honest way an honest and open message.

A deceitful Extraterrestrial is going to hide in the shadows, but this can be confused with having zero communications from ETs to begin with, I believe there have been zero communications from ETs.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It is a shame that there aren't more members participating in this thread, because there have been good contributions to the discussion several times from both sides of the coin.
But on the other hand, perhaps it is a good thing that the thread hasn't gained a greater popularity. It keeps things at a mature level, which we always should strive for. (Had my "periods" too but who doesn't haha?)

Philosophy is essential when discussing the question regarding what a theoretical ET intention for contact would be.
If intelligence is a universal phenomenon and its evolution follows the same patterns as ours has, then it would be likely that despite their possibly (and likely) greater level of intelligence; their society would be based on philosophy, which I believe is the next step in the evolution of our own society actually.
If that is or was the case, then they too would also have had to question whether or not there is life after death, a purpose for life, a divine intelligence behind it all, and what the nature of reality in reality is. And if they did, I would presume that they would have a profound appreciation for life and nature, because for me at least, exploring such questions makes me rather emotional and all soft inside... Hrm... So, if I would be an ET with a world-view like my own; I would be quite benevolant.

But, then there's also the possibility that an ET society could develop without even considering things like this, but personally, I find it unlikely as most of our own scientific discoveries and greatest theories have their origins in philosophy.

Thinking is lovely, eh?

Additionally, one most bear in mind that unless there are ET species out there working like ants, without the ability of conscious individual thought; there is no reason to believe or even conclude that an entire race of ETs would be either benevolant or malevolant.

I consider the majority of Mankind as benevolant beings, but then again, we have a history clearly showing that a few people in power of a people are capable of profound malevolance. Unfortunately.
edit on 2-5-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Hii,

They will give us love because they are intellectual.\

Well, one thing's for sure. If E.T. are real and here, they have not yet given any known love to any known human.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Hii,

Well, one thing's for sure. If E.T. are real and here, they have not yet given any known love to any known human.

reply to post by mbkennel

As far as we know, that is.

Your statement implies that no members of the public have come forward with testimonies stating that there is a, or several extraterrestrial presences here and that one, or several of them are showing signs of benevolence.

But, the post that you replied to was admittedly somewhat vague in terms of explaining what he/she meant about giving us love. A more detailed response would have been appreciated, so I understand your point. However, I would like to point out that if one thoroughly investigates the field of ufology and listen to the stories of claimed abductees and contactees, there are many people stating that there is a, or several extraterrestrial presences here and that one, or several of them show benevolent intentions and behaviors.

Stan Romanek presenting his own testimony with footage and audio.

Travil Walton presenting his testimony. Statement of significance around end of presentation.

Interview with Betty Hill.

Keep in mind that one does not have to believe in everything or anything of what these people are saying, but, if one does do research, thoroughly, into the subject there are a great deal of information pointing towards the notion that the, or some of the extraterrestrial presences here are benevolent.

One should reflect upon the question as to whether or not our own civilization will ever make any significant progress if we do not develop a greater understanding and appreciation for nature and life, thus resulting in a more common benevolent behavior among our species.
edit on 5-5-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Good thread OP!

ABeing has posed some valid points in my opinion.
The late John Mack alerted us for the fact that are common patterns on the abductees stories.

I am one that believes (just a personal conviction, no public proof to disclose) that benevolent visitors (aka aliens) visit us on a regular basis. But i digress!

Back to topic.
A message from a intelligent visitor (alien) civilization would be made on an unequivocal way and using a structure/method that our todays intellect could decipher. If they want to communicate they would that on a level that we can trace/decipher and understand the message.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join