It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we understand a message from ET?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Going back to the theory I mentioned in the OP if a ET civilization was advanced to the point where they could read the DNA code like we read a book they might have the technology to recreate it using some type of printer. It might not be a message they are sending. It might be there way of conserving there species. If another civilization had there technology to recreate DNA they could recreate the ET that sent the original message even if they when extinct millions of years ago. The signal will be traveling through space long after they are gone.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The easiest forms of communication is probably what they will choose...Either light or sound, or a combination of both:

They could focus the light of their home star, through gravitational lensing, or other means.

Cosmic Morse Code, if you will.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Very good point. Light and sound would be a great way to send a message. The gravitational lensing using there own star would give a good strong signal. But what type of combination do you think they would use as a code that another advanced life form might understand?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Any recognizable pattern not formed in nature...

1 + 1 = 2 ?

E = MC2 ?

A simple equation, that would include any type 0 or above civilization's knowledge base.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Simple math equations would work. They could pulse there signal to represent the number they are using. But equations like E=MC2 would require them to send a signal representing energy, mass, and the speed of light. That might be a bit harder to understand.
I could see them sending a message using chemistry. If they sent the atomic frequency of atoms starting with hydrogen and move up the periodic table we could recognize the patten.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If and it is a big "If" we have been sent a message from an Alien Race then it would be quite easy to understand. Indeed if you believe it the message was revieved in 2001 at Chilbolton Hampshire England. It was a reply to the Arecibo message transmitted on November 16th 1974

transmissionsmedia.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Interesting. The binary system looks like a very good one. I do find the article questionable. They received a response very quickly at 27 years. That would make the responder 13.5 light years away. Not impossible. But they sent the message to a place 10000 light years away. Why would the ETs not send them a radio signal back as a response rather than drawing it out in a field? If this is a hoax than it was thought out very well and the hoaxers had a good grasp of the binary code sent out in 1974. The grey aliens and the silicon base code does sound like something from our pop culture. But who knows maybe the greys intercepted the message and replied that way so we did not know they they were already here.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by d8track

Interesting. The binary system looks like a very good one. I do find the article questionable. They received a response very quickly at 27 years. That would make the responder 13.5 light years away. Not impossible. But they sent the message to a place 10000 light years away. Why would the ETs not send them a radio signal back as a response rather than drawing it out in a field? If this is a hoax than it was thought out very well and the hoaxers had a good grasp of the binary code sent out in 1974. The grey aliens and the silicon base code does sound like something from our pop culture. But who knows maybe the greys intercepted the message and replied that way so we did not know they they were already here.

I am a skeptic when it comes to ET contact. However lets assume they have made contact with us. Then you ask the question "Why would the ET's not send a radio signal?" My reply to that question would be, why would we expect them to act like humans or even have equipment to send radio signals. Radio technology to an Alien race maybe as obsolete as humans communicating with drums like we did hundreds of years ago.
If you want to think "Alien" then don't think "Human"

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes

No unfortunately there are only 2 options, there is no ET or ET has us trapped in a simulation as prisoners awaiting death. These are the only 2 options availible, everything else is blind conjecture, I say this because of my sig.

There is a 3rd option - both your two options being wrong. Assuming that's all there is also conjecture (not that I mind, but I do mind when conjecture is being placed as fact).

That's the closest you and I will ever get to alien lifeforms, rest assured the future exists and dimensional travel exists....aliens do not.

And what evidence there is that aliens don't exist? Another conjecture right there.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That is a good point. Maybe the aliens think we are so primitive that the only messages that we could understand are the ones drawn in our crops.
Regardless on how they send a message whether it be crop circles, Radio signals, light pulses, or some type of alien neutrino method directed into our brains like telepathy. How can we understand what they are saying? If they knew who we are then we could assume they would tailor a message for us. But if we detected a random signal they sent where could we start?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
We would eventually figure it out. As far as signals go, it would of course take computers, math, etc., but at the end of the day I don't see it any differently than I do when explorers or scientists discover a lost/primitive tribe. Whenever two civilizations have met, they've eventually gotten over the language/culture barrier and found ways to communicate and I look at communicating with E.T.'s no differently. We would eventually discover a medium that both parties could understand, the only kind of scary thing to think about, is that in this instance, we'd probably be the primitive tribe lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I honestly do believe we only still send information into space because of Tesla's discovery that planetary bodies produce radio waves.

He led the media to their own wild speculative claims believing it was proof of extra terrestrial life when in fact he wasn't sure yet that it was the planetary bodies in the cosmos producing the radio waves themselves.

(well of course you could argue that's how they're making discoveries.)
edit on 24-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How would you make contact with ants?

If some form of highly intelligent aliens existed, then they might see us in the same level as we see ants and our communication may seem to them as a we see a dog barking.

As we know nothing about their intelligence level or even whether they exist, it is extremely hard to speculate anything. Their knowledge of the universe might be extremely different. The laws of nature in their area might be extremely different. They may communicate only telephatically, who knows? Our creativity might not be enough to even imagine how their world, science and technology looked like, as it may be so different from ours.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I honestly do believe we only still send information into space because of Tesla's discovery that planetary bodies produce radio waves.

He led the media to their own wild speculative claims believing it was proof of extra terrestrial life when in fact he wasn't sure yet that it was the planetary bodies in the cosmos producing the radio waves themselves.

(well of course you could argue that's how they're making discoveries.)
edit on 24-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

Stars produce X-rays, not planetary bodies. If such signals come from planets, yes, then it is ET.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Basqiat

Stars produce X-rays, not planetary bodies. If such signals come from planets, yes, then it is ET.

Yea I'm not sure why I assumed it was a planetary body emitting radiowaves *shrug*

Back to your other question on why I hope there is no intelligent alien life outside of our known reality, to answer a part of your question you'll have to read my signature. Why I hope there isn't intelligent alien life because if they exist then our reality is a simulation set up by some far superior lifeforms.

These are the only 2 conclusions I have come up with from my personal experience with a UFO/timecraft. Since time travel exists what happens in the future that jesus has to recruit and save 144,000 negative blood humans? If an intelligent lifeform exists then does human life as we know it stop? Do we assimilate into a hive mind and literally reverse engineer ourselves to become single unit of unity?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
We have been communicating with the regional 'ET' for some time. The communication barrier was the first one removed and we are much furthur down the path than you may understand. The clues are in lots of places for those whom will search for them, and these 'ETs' mean us no harm as we are no threat to them. The universe is much older than they have recently 'discovered' and with this base of thought, an understanding of life before ours is most evident. Skeptics can say all they wish, and i get your point, but with all of the combined clues and ancient reference discoveries, I can only see that we are lightyears past basic communication.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A greatly advanced civilization would know how to communicate with us... if they wanted to. They may have no desire to chat with us, if we are just an evolutionary curiosity to them.

And they certainly would not communicate by putting shapes into barley, corn etc. Just saying..

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABeing
What if we actually already have been in communication with alien entities since at least 2002?

The universal language by which the Universe was "spoken" into existence is physics. Basically; the frequency/sound/word of the source/big bang that is talking in space, time, gravity and matter.
Any entity, regardless of its level of intelligence, anatomy and location in the Universe is subject to the laws of the Universe (physics), thus, if an alien race of extra-terrestrial origins were either as intelligent or surpassed our own level of intelligence would exist they would be aware of the science of physics.
In simple terms; we consciously exist in the physical dimension of the Universe and it is by the laws of physics that we abide.

Physics

Mathematics is the method through which we translate the language of physics into equations in order for us to comprehend how it works.
Mathematics is basically a form of the language of physics.

Mathematics

The Internet is basically (or actually) the digital dimension of the Universe, which operates by a different frequency that we cannot perceive without the use of computers. The screen then becomes our translator/dictionary/lexicon/window into the digital dimension.
The computer reads the "physics" of the digital dimension through binary codes, which is a form of the langauge of mathematics.

Binary Code

In 1972 we sent a message, with binary code included, into space on a golden plaque with the launch of Pioneer 10.

Pioneer 10 Message

Not all crop circles are fake, trust me, and they have appeared since far back in modern history and are arguably messages from alien extra-terrestrial entities.
In 2002 a crop circle appeared in Winchester, Hampshire, UK that evidentally contained a message imbedded in binary code.

The Alien Message

I am rather surprised people still doubt the crop circles authenticy.
Anyway, I hope this may give you some answers and spark some interest.

I recommend anyone interested in the UFO phenomenon to do some research into the "mysterious" phenomenon of crop circles.
edit on 24-3-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

I like ABeing's response. I was going to be a joker and say use Google Translation, but after reading all of the intelligent responses, I've decided to keep my jokes to myself. Good thread with intelligent people participating. I'll go back to reading now.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin
How would you make contact with ants?

If some form of highly intelligent aliens existed, then they might see us in the same level as we see ants and our communication may seem to them as a we see a dog barking.

As we know nothing about their intelligence level or even whether they exist, it is extremely hard to speculate anything. Their knowledge of the universe might be extremely different. The laws of nature in their area might be extremely different. They may communicate only telephatically, who knows? Our creativity might not be enough to even imagine how their world, science and technology looked like, as it may be so different from ours.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

This is a very good point, If we are the less intelligent species, we may be able to understand them and they may not be able to understand us. Example: when my dog barks, I don't have a clue what she is saying. She understands exactly what I'm saying to her when I ask if she wants a cookie, go to the beach, go to bed, get in the truck, and about 10 other things. I have had the dog for 12 years, but most of the commands were learned by her before she was 2 years old. She also recognizes many other words that people say when they aren't being spoken to her. She has learned this stuff because I always talk to her whether I'm trying to teach her something or not. If the aliens "talk" enough to us, we will probably understand them. Maybe the question isn't whether we can understand the aliens, but rather can they understand us? They might think we are barking!
And yes, I spend to much time with my dog

edit on 25-3-2013 by sloppypeter because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2013 by sloppypeter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sloppypeter

Good point and it brings to mind a story I heard a while back about a doctor who had a brain tumour which caused her perception of reality to basically, in human terms, malfunction.
Apparently, she managed to dial one of her co-workers but when the person she called picked up, she says that all she could hear was "woof, woof, woof" as if a dog had picked up the phone.
Now that's what I call a trip. Apparently, she recovered eventually fortunately.

However, if an alien race had developed a written language, they must have been able to count in order to create an alphabet, thus, they must have knowledge of physics and mathematics too.
It is probable that we wouldn't be able to understand each other by verbal and written communication if we communicated in our native languages, but if they had the technology to travel between solar systems or even galaxies, I am sure they would be able to figure out how our languages work and conclude that since we are aware of physics and are able to calculate rather advanced mathematical equations, a good idea would be to communicate with us in binary code. In geometrical patterns in crops perhaps or other means.
edit on 25-3-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join