It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we understand a message from ET?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I was thinking we humans have been listening for a message from ET for a long time. What if we did receive a message from them? How would we know what it means? What if SETI found the signal from the 1420 Mhz frequency they have been looking for? How could we even begin to understand what they are trying to tell us? We would not understand the language. The codes they use would be alien to us. If they are highly intelligent than the message they send would be one that could be decoded by other high intelligence.

I am just curious if any of you have a theory on this subject. Crazy or serious just have fun with it.

Okay let me start.

If the ETs are trying to tell other lifeforms who they are they might use there genetic code as the message. If they are carbon based life forms then they might have DNA. I found this interesting The Infrared Frequencies of DNA Bases

In 1988 the author and biologist Dr. David Deamer collaborated on a science/art project which consisted of measuring the vibrational frequencies of the four DNA base molecules, translating them into 'sound

I know the article is talking about making music with DNA bases but if they used the frequencies to create a message they could send us the code that makes them what they are.

There are about three billion base pairs in the DNA of each human cell. If they were strung out they would measure about three feet long. Yet each of these bases remains absolutely consistent in its chemical makeup. The four DNA bases, adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine, consist each of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. There exists a variety of chemical structures, including C=O, N-H, C-H, O-H, and C-O whose bonds bend, stretch, and rock upon absorbing infrared light with a specific frequency related to the energy and strength of the bond and the mass of the nucleus of the atom. A tighter, smaller bond from, say, hydrogen, will absorb light with a higher wavenumber (number of waves per centimeter), and a higher 'note' in the infrared spectrum. (The original energy for these motions comes from the sun in the form of infrared radiation. Solar photons cause heating in the molecule as orbiting electrons jump to a higher energy state). The tuning system for Sequencia was derived directly from the laboratory chemistry of the four bases, and had nothing to do with a particular gene, or configuration of bases along a helix. The process of "collecting" frequencies from the bases of DNA begins with a spectrophotometer, a device about the size of a breadbox. In this instrument, infrared light with frequencies ranging from 600 to 3000 wavenumbers (in units of cm-1) is passed through the sample, in this case a base molecule of DNA. The bases of DNA and RNA have certain resonance frequencies related to the absorption of infrared light. This is a common property of all organic molecules, and in fact infrared spectra are used as a primary diagnostic characteristic in analytical procedures. As the light is passed through the sample, it is absorbed by the sample at specific frequencies and the instrument plots the absorption bands as a spectrum

It would be a very difficult code for us to break but for them it might be simple. It would be a code that would not only tell us who they are but what they look like.
Okay that might be a bit far fetched.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

There are programs with algorithm's that take a message or a signal and look for patterns that would indicate language or any sort of communication, as far as i am aware it is very accurate but then again we assume they will be using forms of communication similar to ours.

Seti seems like a huge waste of time, its good that there are people trying but, the speed of light is not fast enough to communicate with civilizations that might be more than 100 light years away or more, and just our galaxy is more than thousands and thousands of light years across.

We are going to have to learn to bend space or start using wormholes to really become efficient at sending and trying to receive messages.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
My guess is that if they are as advanced and superior to us as many have conjectured, then they will be prepared to communicate to us in a language or method that we would understand.

I don't think they would attempt to communicate to us in their own language, concluding, logically, that we would be unable to understand what they were saying to us. That's the whole point of communication - expressing a thought or idea through language that the recipient would comprehend.

They may also use a means of communication other than sound, such as mental telepathy, speaking directly to our thought processes, as in a dream state. We may not be able to answer them this way, at least not immediately, but I think it may be possible to receive communication in this manner.

On the other hand, this whole idea may be exceedingly difficult, something like humans shouting down to an ant colony or pod of whales even. It wouldn't matter how loud or in what language we spoke, those spoken to would be unable to understand us and may not even be aware that we were trying to communicate.

I vote mental telepathy. There may be a learning curve, but it is likely the most efficient inter-bio-entity form of communication among disparate sentient beings.

edit on 3/23/2013 by Outrageo because:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
With SETI's response to the Chilbolton crop circle I frankly have no confidence in its ability to publicly detect anything. claudescommentary.com...

Maybe they have found heaps of messages and like in the movie 'Contact' have gone off and made heaps of stuff out of the public eye, or maybe they are hopeless and could not find a message in their inbox.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

I think computers looking for patterns in the signals is a good start but what are they programed to look for? They have not been to successful yet. I was not talking about a conversation with them. That would be a waste of time. I was just talking about understanding one if it was detected.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

What if I told you this point of origin that you're looking for has been present this entire time? It's responsible for combining atoms and cleaning them up, powers our bodies and is responsible for precipitation, it even protects us from harmful cosmic rays.. Michio Kaku said the most high tech tiered alien societies would assimilate a hive mind and spread itself using self sustaining factories that pump out more factories and units as this would be the most efficient way to colonize a system.

Take a good hard look at bacteria and microbes....no...take a good damn hard look. They can even exist in space....they are literally responsible for everything and they're powered (it's argued that life started on earth due to the electrical pulse the earth naturally gives off) off of a simple 7.83 hz signal from the earth.

That's the closest you and I will ever get to alien lifeforms, rest assured the future exists and dimensional travel exists....aliens do not.

edit on 23-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I dont know what games they play with messaging in symbols or crop circles, but they are telepathic and communicate in your language. If 10 people were present all speaking different languages, they would experience individual communication in their own languages. They're a different grade than we are, spirit wise, way over our heads, freeze time, pause it, fast forward it, rewind, insert you back in.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Languages found all over the world have patterns based on how our brains process and understand communication. The computer analyzes the data and it can tell if intelligent communication(language) is happening, this program was able to find that dolphins and other intelligent animals have communication between each other even though to us it seems like random pitches and screeches. If there are signals out there that are indistinguishable from cosmic radiation or just the noise from space with this program they can analyze it and tell if there is actually something there hence find communications sent by other civilizations between each other or simply pickup messages sent though space to whoever is able to understand them.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just use that locked up area 51 alien to translate. Im sure the poor guy learned to speak fluient english by now

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

Okay I am not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying the frequency of DNA has been sent here long ago by a advanced civilization and we were created by it?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

Thank you for the input and clearing that up. That does seem like a good idea

I guess the computer looks for patterns in seemingly chaos signals.
The question is would the computer understand what the message is saying?
edit on 23-3-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by d8track

Okay I am not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying the frequency of DNA has been sent here long ago by a advanced civilization and we were created by it?

Well what I'm getting at is everything that we know has a resonant frequency that can interact with subjects variably.

watch these,

1st. the correct frequency can cause cellular overload and destroy....everything has a frequency

www.youtube.com...

2. destruction

www.youtube.com...

3. the right frequency can cause levitation

www.youtube.com...

The planet earth generates a pulse of 7.83 hz, the human brain's alpha waves are 7.83 hz, plants react and grow at 15.66 hz, so it's theorized that the natural emf of earth could have kickstarted 'life' on earth.

Honestly what I was getting at was bacteria and microbes could actually be alien life in a highly advanced lifeform, our mitochondria generates all our bioelectrical energy, it's responsible for life in a nutshell. Without bacteria we would not exist plain and simple and they can travel through space.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

SETI is not looking for aliens trying to communicate with us.

It is trying to eavesdrop on suspected RF emissions that may be communications on an alien planet that are propagating throughout the galaxy and beyond. Our own emissions are now over 100 light years out, and if you were on a planet 63 light years out, you could watch the Jack Benny show in real time, if you had suitable equipment.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Thank you for the links. I see what you are talking about now. Do you think ET might be broadcasting a message on their frequency?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by d8track

Thank you for the links. I see what you are talking about now. Do you think ET might be broadcasting a message on their frequency?

No unfortunately there are only 2 options, there is no ET or ET has us trapped in a simulation as prisoners awaiting death. These are the only 2 options availible, everything else is blind conjecture, I say this because of my sig.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A good way for them to say "Hey, we're here!" without causing a planetary stir is to show up and move around the sky in strange ways to various individuals from all walks of life.

If that is the case, they have been messaging us long before we have messaged them. In the 50's and 60's people collectively asked are you out there? And perhaps that triggered the responses that came about in the 70's, the Wow signal, that UK 'mystery' broadcast, crop circles and such. When will we next collectively put our minds to it? I don't think we are at the moment. But when we do, there may be some nice surprises that our children's children will conclude may have been ali-oid intervention, or 'messages'. Perhaps from metal robot aliens if we go by the Definitive Guide™

edit on 23-3-2013 by markymint because: grammar

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What if we actually already have been in communication with alien entities since at least 2002?

The universal language by which the Universe was "spoken" into existence is physics. Basically; the frequency/sound/word of the source/big bang that is talking in space, time, gravity and matter.
Any entity, regardless of its level of intelligence, anatomy and location in the Universe is subject to the laws of the Universe (physics), thus, if an alien race of extra-terrestrial origins were either as intelligent or surpassed our own level of intelligence would exist they would be aware of the science of physics.
In simple terms; we consciously exist in the physical dimension of the Universe and it is by the laws of physics that we abide.

Physics

Mathematics is the method through which we translate the language of physics into equations in order for us to comprehend how it works.
Mathematics is basically a form of the language of physics.

Mathematics

The Internet is basically (or actually) the digital dimension of the Universe, which operates by a different frequency that we cannot perceive without the use of computers. The screen then becomes our translator/dictionary/lexicon/window into the digital dimension.
The computer reads the "physics" of the digital dimension through binary codes, which is a form of the langauge of mathematics.

Binary Code

In 1972 we sent a message, with binary code included, into space on a golden plaque with the launch of Pioneer 10.

Pioneer 10 Message

Not all crop circles are fake, trust me, and they have appeared since far back in modern history and are arguably messages from alien extra-terrestrial entities.
In 2002 a crop circle appeared in Winchester, Hampshire, UK that evidentally contained a message imbedded in binary code.

The Alien Message

I am rather surprised people still doubt the crop circles authenticy.
Anyway, I hope this may give you some answers and spark some interest.

I recommend anyone interested in the UFO phenomenon to do some research into the "mysterious" phenomenon of crop circles.
edit on 24-3-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by d8track

It would be very simple. We would just read the message. If they were so far advanced that they were able to initiate communications with us then I would postulate that they would send the message in either Mandarin or English, being the two most popularly spoken languages on the planet.

If they didn't do this they would send information on how to read the message. Some simple pointers or algorithms which we would recognise and be able to implement a translation system with.

If they didn't do that we would be totally unable to understand the message.... Think about it, we have not even been able to decipher even the simplest of whale songs or dolphin calls. We are unable to read ancient languages which scholars have spent decades studying. What makes you think we would have any chance of understanding an alien language?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

ABeing got it pretty good.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

All good points. Math and physics are a good place to start. It reminds me of the movie contact where they decoded the message that was sent using prime numbers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join