It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Personal Dilema

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Don't normally turn to the internet for this kinda thing...but really need another perspective on this. Anyway...heres the issue:

I've suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been cheating. You know...all the usual signs. She's been more distant lately, less affectionate and a whole lot more picky about pointing out even the smallest thing about me that she finds 'irritating'.

Other stuff like the phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. Or when she answers she will "take it in the bedroom" and then go in and close the door...when she never did that before.

She has also started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently...although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I always offer to come along, but she gets really insistant that she needs "time with the girls", or "you won't like hanging out with all us hens chattering away about 'girl things' all night"...that sorta thing. Once even offered to drop her off and pick her back up when she was finished...and she got all cagey about it, looked real guilty and said she'd be sharing a Taxi home with 'the girls'.

Thing is...I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive...although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi? Surely a Taxi would drop her off right outside the house??

Add to this I once picked her cellphone up just to see what time it was and she went beserk...totally lost it and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and proceeded to rant about "why was I checking up on her." blah blah blah.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my g/f. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth...but...last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my car parked out on the road...which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of.

It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed a spot of RUST appearing around my rear wheel arch!!!

So...help me out here...Should I take it into a Body Repair shop or should I just buy some stuff from the local AutoParts store and try to repair it myself?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Reminiscent of the Castrol engineer who got depressed when his second wife left him, because as she drove down the driveway he could hear her engine timing out by two degrees.

Yes, the signs are there, and you should deal with the matter asap. I would cut the rust out and touch it up myself.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Uhh...

Cheating: tail her, get a trenchcoat, black sunglases and a cab, and follow her around and see where she goes. If shes cheatin, break it off and say some "things"...but it could be shes planning something big and jsut doesnt want you to know.

As for the rust: Id repair it myself, why take it into a shop where they'll charge ALOT for something you could fix yourself?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You are quite a detective! *noticing a spot of rust on your car in the dark of the night*

I think it would be wise to gently broach the subject with your girlfriend. You could ask her if she wants to take a break from dating you exclusively for a while or ask her if she wants to move closer in the relationship she has with you. This might provide her with an opportunity to express that she might be interested in someone else OR that she wants to move to the next level with you.

By the way, did you see what/whose car she got out of or were you distracted by the rust spot?

Either way, I'd take care of the car/girlfriend issue ASAP, before they both get out of hand...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Reminiscent of the Castrol engineer who got depressed when his second wife left him, because as she drove down the driveway he could hear her engine timing out by two degrees.

LOL! That run of Castrol Adverts have got to be some of my favs...can totally relate to how painful it must be to hear an engine slightly out of tune.

Yes, the signs are there, and you should deal with the matter asap. I would cut the rust out and touch it up myself.

Think I may just do that...cheers for the advice MA.

dreamlandmafia...I like your style...sneaky sneaky
Good advice about the rust repair...last thing I'd want is someone else laying their filthy dirty hands on my precious baby. Same could probably go for the missus as well...

magestica...yup...the car is far more important...can always trade up to a newer Model...hmm, was that the car or the g/f...got lost there...

*Disclaimer: In case its needed - This post may have been posted purely for humour/entertainment value and does not deliberately breach the T&C of ATS. However...I do accept that there is nothing humorous about rust on ones car, and in which case I sincerely offer my most humble apologies to anyone who has experienced the traumatic nightmare that body rust can cause within a car owner.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Get some buffing paste or very fine sandpaper, remove the rust, put a little primer paint on the area and use a spraycan of Rustoleum paint to touch up the spot. Who's gonna be looking in your wheelwell anyway?

As to your female friend, I abhor cheats and encourage you to put your love, attention and energy towards a new relationship. She isn't being honest with you, so you deserve better.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Alien...

I once felt your pain.

Good Luck.

edit on 24-6-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Although, once you go Bond-O, you'll never go back!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
LMAO Bump for the 11 years this letter has been on the shelf !
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This is disturbing. Very disturbing indeed. So many questions? Did you try and fix things? Did you end the relationship or trade her in for a newer model? And why the heck am I the second person to star and flag this after so many years?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: alien

Get a newer model.
Car and gf.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

11 year necro thread? Record?.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So, was she cheating or not? LOL. Surely we have to know after 11 years....

Thread Necromancer

top topics

join