It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a thought about aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've just finished reading Stephen Hawking's brief history of time, and apart from being a fantastic read its changed my whole perspective on the alien thing. The book has made me realise just how vast the entire universe was, and how little we actually know and understand it. In fact, we barely know much about our own planets yet, apart from the entire universe.

It also made me fully appreciate just how far aliens would have to come to visit our little planet, and the technologies involved would need to be incredible. Its just made me think that perhaps such a technologically advanced race wouldn't travel almost inifinite distances just to come and make a few pretty pictures in our crops in our frields, or have a few lamb chops for dinner.....

This aside, reading this book has also enforced the point that with such a HUGE universe there must be some other form of life throughout it, I'm just not sure any more about the so called alien agenda on earth. Anyone else feel like this?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Look.

Copernicus made the startling revelation that the earth was the center of the Universe? How could he have been so STUPID?

Well, the Universe is at the point of running out of expansion. The matter in the Universe is dense and aggregated and clumping and dangerous to the movement of Life itself.

All Life COMES FROM OTHER LIFE. If Copernicus said this is the center of the Universe, that had to mean, God is at work >HERE< because >here< is the space that is not toxic for Life.

Notice: ETs are coming >HERE< for sanctuary. Why would they come to a primitive, conflict-infested, Satanic, trouble-populated world if there was anywhere ELSE to go? Hmmm?

As the Scriptures imply, we are at the end of a long Big Bang DAY [of the Lord]. We are at the end of a long, l-o-n-g string of civilizations. This is WHY we have so much archeological evidence but so little assurance of continuity in the future.

What happens when it's all over, and the Universe and the matter that makes up the Universe, runs out of steam?

God YHVH merely changes His Mind about what sticks to what; and it ALL comes unglued, that was Physical; so that ONLY Spirit is what remains.

And the whole Thing COLLAPSES ON ITSELF, in an instant of time.

And then the Spirit that is left, out of materiality, assembles and goes into hibernation for aeons and aeons and aeons until They dream A New Dream.

And then They must FIGHT OVER their New Dreams until ONLY ONE--the one that will come to be called "God"--dominates all the Others with HIS OWN THOUGHTS about the New Creation.

And then He will permit them the Pleasure of Creating a New Creation, but in HIS IMAGE and likeness.

And that is HOW the Universe hop-scotches from Materiality to Dispersion to Visualization, Invigoration, Confrontation, Conflict, and Resolution, WHO will be God? Will God be +/+ or +/- or -/+? Only Time itself will tell that tale.

You'll see. [My son's on the phone, so we'll talk more later.]

Chai

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I just wonder if there are others out there that want to find out if they are "alone" as bad as we are?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Excuse me , but...

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
Look.

Copernicus made the startling revelation that the earth was the center of the Universe?

You were on the right track with your first question. An earth-centered scheme as was espoused by Aristotle, not Copernicus.

www.blupete.com...

The most important aspect of Copernicus' work is that it forever changed the place of man in the cosmos; no longer could man legitimately think his significance greater than his fellow creatures; with Copernicus' work, man could now take his place among that which exists all about him, and not of necessity take that premier position which had been assigned immodestly to him by the theologians

[edit on 2-11-2004 by evilution]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
I just wonder if there are others out there that want to find out if they are "alone" as bad as we are?

If they ever question what is beyond the world as they know it, than they probably do.

However, humans did not question the possibility of life on other planets until recently, so I guess you have to reach some degree of technological advancement before you can even think of such possibilities.

Personally, I belive there is intelligent life in the Universe. More intelligent than we are. And in more than one place. I simply can not belive the fact that the Earth, being one of billions and billions planets that supposedly contain water and oxygen is the only one to contain life.

Hey, for all we know life on Earth may have come from the Universe! Some bacteria on an asteroid that crashed here some hundred millions years ago.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It also made me fully appreciate just how far aliens would have to come to visit our little planet, and the technologies involved would need to be incredible. Its just made me think that perhaps such a technologically advanced race wouldn't travel almost inifinite distances

what do humans know about the technology needed to travel in space?as you said we can hardly understand it.what seems like an infinite distance to us,is surely insignificant for an advanced civilisation.there are technologies that we can not even imagine.the only space travel we can do is to the limits of the atmosphere or the moon,the rest is made by machines.

of course those distances are infinite when your best technologies are rockets and shuttles,it's a bit pretentious to assume advanced aliens will never find better ways of travelling.

top topics

join