It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is better - British or American Beer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Dru, You have Good Taste and Wisdom.

This Is the Best Beer in the World. Hands Down.

Augustinerbrau, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.

Following this....

The Reinheitsgebot....

edit on 24/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: ..........In Beer there is Wisdom.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

i too have had many a bishop's finger inside of me

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Well, Skalla,

As they say,

In fact, if this were a thread about best beer names equalling good beer,

Bishop's finger would Win

edit on 24/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Beer should contain Only Water, Malted Barley, Hops and most importantly, Patience. Yeast is God doing the rest.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01

seriously bro you just wiped the whole world basically, unless you are German, American (of course) or Belgian you cant make beer. man that is an astonishing claim by someone who lacks any authority in the business and is some boutique beer connoisseur who's only experience is whatever he can get his hands on

Incredible beer can be made anywhere on the planet assuming you have access to the resources and environment (or simply heating and/or cooling)

There are styles of beer specific to certain areas/countries, and yes, the 'style' of beer from anywhere other than those locations isn't my cup of tea. I don't really like lagers, other than a few examples, therefore countries who have lagers as their "styles" don't fit the bill for me. I can still appreciate a quality made lager, but I just don't find it to taste good.

You comment on my experience only being what I can get my hands on..... OK..... that's true, of every single beer drinker on the planet. What is your point? If you can't get your hands on a certain beer, you have no business talking about it, right? So that's why my comments are based on MY experience, which I can tell is much more than the vast majority of people in this thread.

Why did you even single me out? Did you just not notice the many other post were people were bleating "British beer is the best!" "Aussie beer is the best!" with no information to back up that statement? Yet I expand upon my reasoning and get lip from you? You say I "wiped out the whole world" with my critique of beer, isn't that the point of this thread? To narrow down locations with good beer? Care to tell me YOUR experience, and tell me where I got something wrong? Do you just disagree with my taste or do you find some sort of logical flaw in my post? Please explain, because to be honest you aren't making any sense at all.

And why do you speak of "authority in the business" do you think anyone else here has such authority? I don't care about some big brewery that has a few skilled people and the rest are just button pressing drones. That doesn't carry much weight with me, the opinion of people experienced with various beers and a passion for further experimentation are what matter to me.

So you want to address any of the points here? Again I ask why you singled me out when what you said applies to everyone else in this thread, more so than it does me.

Some people's kids.....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

sorry, but you have tried a thousand beers and dont like owt from the uk? i find that pretty hard to believe, unless you just tried what some uncaring landlord gave you

at least you like porter and IPA i suppose. which are ofc british

That should tell you a little something about the variety of beer from American brewers, yes? One single brewery here in Oregon, Deschuttes brewery, has had over 50 different beers that I've personally tried. ONE brewer, FIFTY beers. Most were brewpub only, they are ALWAYS brewing and releasing new beers.

So that's one Oregon brewery, my city of Portland, in Oregon has at least 10 different brewpubs that I frequent. That's just my CITY. Now imagine the entire US, California, Colorado, etc there are many many other 'hotspots' for craftbrews in America.

My local bottleshop, Belmont Station, has over 1,200 beers, and they are constantly getting new ones in. I've tried the vast majority of the stuff there, and I've also tried a whole lot of beer not available at Belmont.

So you want to re-think the numbers a bit?

And yes I'm aware of Britain's style influences, yet the IPAs and Porters that I find most tasty are not brewed in Britain. I'm sure there are some good craft brews there (which I said in my first post) but not having them in America, I have to make my choice based on my experience. Isn't that how people make choices? Weigh the available evident and make a choice? If I haven't tried British craft brews I can't really comment on them, can I?

Either this whole thread is BS, and meaningless, because people can only make choices based on what's available in their area or where they have gone, therefore nobody is going to be able to make an actual informed decision, or the whole point is that we are basing our opinions on our experience, just like I have done, just like everyone else in this thread has done.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Where did player and skalla go?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join