Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

UK issues forum, anyone want that?

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I love the worldwide feel to ATS and enjoy the contributions from everyone around the planet but it would be lovely to have a little place for us in the UK to bitch and whinge about the stuff we usually do in the very mixed forums already available.
I know I didn't support a recent suggestion from a US member who wanted geo-located forums for the various American states, but the UK members do contribute a lot of input to the site and it would be nice to have a place where 'they stole your guns' or 'you bow and scrape to a monarch' is not tiresomely seen time after time in completely unrelated threads.

I'm gonna be lame in this topic and let the comments speak for themselves, I am obviously in support of the suggestion but I'm not interested in an argument about it as ATS is not my site. If someone is personally in attack or defence mode then I may respond but my intentions here are to discover the opinions of others...my viewpoint is obviously displayed well enough in this OP and any further presentation is unnecessary.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Two threads within a minute, both asking for our views on a UK-issues forum. Conspiracy, I say!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale

Two threads within a minute, both asking for our views on a UK-issues forum. Conspiracy, I say!

Ah, I know nothing about the other one fella, total accident, so mods kill this one if you like!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Now that your populace has no guns what will your government do to you now ? How will you keepthem honest ?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I vote YES to a UK-issues forum, though I suppose a UK/Europe forum might be more appropriate, as there's a lot of interlinked political shenanigans going on in Europe, and it's harder to keep track of what ''they'' are actually doing, as the region is so delineated (IE - the USA is a clearer picture, when it comes to seeing how the conspiratorial pieces are being fitted together). Imagine Europe is being geared up to becoming a 'super-state', and all the puzzle pieces are being shifted around in the different nations, with every other nation caring not a jot, so long as it doesn't happen to them. Ultimately, I guess that they want a Europe without independent nation-states, centrally controlled & in total alliance with the USA (forerunning a NWO scenario).

First Greece, then Cyprus, but still nobody cares, because they are two minor nations within the wider picture. "It could never happen here..." etc. In addition, Austrian citizens are now claiming that they would vote the Nazi party to power if they were still in existence, as they are so fed up with the bureaucratic nonsense of the EU. There's been a lot of commentary of late in the independent UK Media which suggests that the actual political state of Europe is as dangerous now as it was just prior to the First World War. Nobody worried?

Germany is at the heart of all the latest developments, banking being at the core... That nation is seemingly resurgent & politically charged to take the lead in Europe. Despite a huge wall once being in existence to prevent a unified & resurgent Germanic political powerhouse, 'someone' has given them the reigns, perhaps having a stab at seeing whether anyone is motivated to prevent the tide of amoral politics at play - perhaps taking advantage of the fact that it is incredibly politically insensitive to criticise the ''New" Germany..

Is this ''someone'' taking the Michael?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Do you not research anything before making silly ill-informed statements?
UK citizens are able to own shotguns and rifles legally. What that has to do with this topic though is anyones guess though, just another stupid US troll comment while masterbating with your AR perhaps? Pathetic as always.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I'm drawn toward most of the comments in your reply but I accidentally started this thread 1 minute after this one: www.abovetopsecret.com... ...so please go there with comments, and any mod's who happen to be passing, please close this one, two threads about this will only dilute the discussion.
Cheers

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Total turn off. Hate the idea of a forum just for British people, its sad. If we wanted our own forum then we would choose a non-international website.. We are global people, effected by everything around us. We dont need to box ourselves off when it comes to debates that effect many different countries.

Bad idea, infact TERRIBLE idea.

And if it happens I may leave ATS altogeather.

" we contribute alot to ATS" we talk about things and give opinions, thats it, no need to over dramatise it.

edit on 24-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Bad idea, infact TERRIBLE idea.

And if it happens I may leave ATS altogeather.

Haha, no need to be overly dramatic yourself, you nearly had me crying actual tears then!

As previously stated THIS THREAD WAS CREATED ACCIDENTALLY 1 MINUTE AFTER THIS SIMILAR ONE: www.abovetopsecret.com... ANY PASSING MOD'S PLEASE CLOSE THIS AS DUPLICATE THREADS CAN ONLY DILUTE THE DISCUSSION.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
No tears intended. Just a real bad idea, thats all, that will in effect ruin ATS.

Thank goodness ATS has decision makers and doesnt let tom, dick nor harry decide how its formated and organised.

Im very happy with how ATS is now
edit on 24-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Thank goodness that Tom Dick and Harry are able to raise suggestions and see how they are received by the people who make the decisions
That is a nice option for a public forum

AGAIN, THIS THREAD WAS STARTED AFTER A SIMILAR ONE BY ACCIDENT, 1 MINUTE DIFFERENCE BUT EITHER WAY THIS WAS THE LATER ONE, ALERT RAISED TO MODS, HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE CLOSED BUT PLEASE DON'T REPLY HERE GO TO THIS ONE INSTEAD: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

UK issues forum, anyone want that?

I could enjoy that.

I spend a lot of time browsing British websites like the Daily Mail and Telegraph because they aren't as stolid and petrified when it comes to running a headline on a politically unpopular story. Along the way, I've begun to follow stories that have depth in the Isles... even though I have no more than a small branch to chirp from.

An excellent example was the story of how the remains of Richard III were found under a parking lot. From there, UK websites hosted a huge sum of good history in reference to this King... including how he came to the throne, his supposed behavior while in power and how he died. Most Americans don't even get a grip on the Shakespearean version, much less the real man.

So, yeah... for whatever (if anything) it is worth here to support the idea, I like the idea of a UK forum. Go for it!

edit on 24-3-2013 by redoubt because: my ee--ville typos
edit on 24-3-2013 by redoubt because: IIIIIEEE! My typos are out to get me!

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I'm drawn toward most of the comments in your reply but I accidentally started this thread 1 minute after this one: www.abovetopsecret.com... ...so please go there with comments,

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join