It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a new 'UK issues' forum?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
great idea... i specifically search the site for uk based threads/news. Its a right pain, I bet a miss many.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I seem to remember a lot of input from you guys in the UK about our gun debate calling us a bunch of gun crazy crude and backwards people like Piers Morgan puts forth . We didn't want your input there either but that didn't seem to matter . You were telling us how great it was in the UK that you can't have guns . So turnabout is fair play .
I'll stay off your site and stay out of our affairs too !

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

I seem to remember a lot of input from you guys in the UK about our gun debate calling us a bunch of gun crazy crude and backwards people like Piers Morgan puts forth . We didn't want your input there either but that didn't seem to matter . You were telling us how great it was in the UK that you can't have guns . So turnabout is fair play .
I'll stay off your site and stay out of our affairs too !

What are you talking about? Did you not read a thing Freeborn wrote? He was referring too your pointless nonsensical conversation being brought into a thread about a completely different subject, as you are doing again.

Your doing a Piers Morgan and a cretin he is.
edit on 25-3-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I've got to say you seem somewhat lacking in comprehension skills.

I seem to remember a lot of input from you guys in the UK about our gun debate.....

The threads you are talking about are specifically about gun control - this thread isn't, it has absolutely nothing to do with that topic and everything to do with whether members would like a UK Issues Forum etc - please explain the relevance of your posts.

.... calling us a bunch of gun crazy crude and backwards people like Piers Morgan puts forth

Yes, some did call you gun crazy fools and some didn't - some like myself simply said that it was entirely up to Americans what gun controls there are in the US but also pointed out that what is right for the US is not automatically right for the UK or anywhere else.

But by me expalining that I am pandering to you attempting to dictate what this thread is about - blatant trolling.

. We didn't want your input there either but that didn't seem to matter .

Some people didn't mind outside input and appreciated a different persepctive.

But I'll re-iterate the point - the posts were on topic; US gun control laws - your posts have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
Start a thread on UK gun control laws and I'll gladly contribute but this is not the time or place.

You were telling us how great it was in the UK that you can't have guns .

Who was?

Some may have been, some may not have been - you seem to be doing an awful lot of generalising and cherry picking.

So turnabout is fair play .

It's got nothing to do with 'fair' but everything to do with staying on topic.

I'll stay off your site and stay out of our affairs too

It's an open site and everyone is quite welcome to post in any thread they choose providing they abide by T&C - part of which stays posters must stay ON TOPIC.

Now I know I may have laboured the point here but it seems you just don't get what is blatantly obvious to everyone else - it's not that you posted it's what you posted - simple really.
edit on 25/3/13 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Wrong thread - doh!
edit on 25/3/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I didn't read any of the posts up until this one, however, I vote yes.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Not really mate this is a new UK issues site . We didn't like the UK input into our countries discussion . We didn't offer invitations to discuss how we were uncivilized people and they should disarm America but thats what your blokes wanted to do . So we will handle our issues and I'll kindly leave your issues to you .

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Not really mate this is a new UK issues site .

No it isn't - it's a thread in the ATS Business and Questions Forum where members air new ideas, suggestions etc.
This thread was started by Knobby who asked if anyone thought it would be a good idea to have a Forum specifically for UK issues - that would not necessarily exclude non-UK members from posting in it if such a Forum was ever set up by the site owners.

Pretty straight forward really.

We didn't like the UK input into our countries discussion .

Tough.

What was the problem? Too many home truths or just because some people were expressing an opinion you didn't like?

We didn't offer invitations....

No-one needs one - it's an open site where members are free to post in any thread they choose providing they adhere to T&C.
If you have a problem with that I suggest you take it up with the site owners / Admin - I'm pretty certain I know what their response would be.

....to discuss how we were uncivilized people and they should disarm America

I'm certain the appropriate action would have been taken by the Mods etc on all off topic posts or those that contravened T&C.
And I know for a fact that some UK members posted their support for the Right To Bear Arms and expressed their desire to see something similar here - but I guess you conveniently ignored them.

So we will handle our issues and I'll kindly leave your issues to you .

I will post in any Forum and in any thread I see fit to and neither you nor anyone else except the site Admin will dictate to me what I can or can not do.
If that upsets you then tough.

One of the basic fundamental principles on this site is on topic posting, as clearly stated in T&C, if you can't grasp that simple idea then I suggest may be this site isn't really suited to you.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There is an obvious imbalance in emphasis between US politics and the politics of anywhere else here on ATS.

Whilst the Regional Politics Forum is hidden away in Off Topics section, the old BTS, the US Politics Forum is on the main board and so receives vastly more attention and input.
It implies that non-US related politics is not as important.

I really fail to see why there should be a distinction between the two and feel that if the Regional Politics Forum was given parity it may receive more interest and input.

I was going to start a thread on an issue that more and more people are becoming aware of here in the UK, and some feel quite passionate about, but won't bother now as it probably won't be noticed by many of the members who would be interested and possibly even contribute.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I was going to start a thread on an issue that more and more people are becoming aware of here in the UK, and some feel quite passionate about, but won't bother now as it probably won't be noticed by many of the members who would be interested and possibly even contribute.

Okay...now I'm intrigued

In the absence of a dedicated forum to UK issue's and/or politic's why don't those people interested decide on a place where those thread's will be posted....if a particular place on the forum receives more interest if only by a few to begin with then maybe it will gain more notice and then less easily missed by those who would have something to contribute?

I'm not saying it's a solution....just throwing out idea's

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Whilst the Regional Politics Forum is hidden away in Off Topics section,.

Yes, this is a very odd anomaly.
Other members of the same "group" of forums, as listed on the Forums page, are duly shown on the main Recent Posts pages.
If even "Dreams and Predictions", which really is an "Off-topic" forum, can have its threads on the main Recent Posts, then surely Regional Poltics could be transferred to join the other purple-coloured forums like "Political Madness" and "Poltical Ideology".
Maybe we could start a petition.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If the UK and US members kept out of each other's national forums, and stuck to their own, I was wondering how the US forums would hold intelligent conversations without the Brits being there?

Okay, okay...I'm just kidding! Jeeze, can nobody take a joke around here?

My dear Logos23...I just keep staring at your lovely avatar, is that actually you by chance...sigh!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Some of us remember AbovePolitics on ATS many moons ago. The good old days!!

The regional politics forum would work if the staff policed the threads. As an example:

Bloomberg launches $12M ad assault on guns

Sad state of American Education

Culture Shock

Citizens Applaud Defeat of Firearms Ban in MA

Bachmann campaign’s use of contact list comes under more fire

None of these should be in the regional politics.

Much as I would like to see a UK issues thread, maybe some regional forums would be an improvement, it is not made in America so not going to get any serious consideration from staff and management.

Use the alert button to highlight that the thread is in the wrong forum, if all of us wanting a UK forum did this, someone might, just might take some notice

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I did use the "alert" button to flag one of the following threads as being in the wrong forum:

Bloomberg launches $12M ad assault on guns

Sad state of American Education

Culture Shock

Citizens Applaud Defeat of Firearms Ban in MA

Bachmann campaign’s use of contact list comes under more fire

Guess what, nothing has happened. There's a surprise!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join