It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bin Laden Threatens Red States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The tape of Osama bin Laden that was aired on Al-Jazeera [1] on Friday, October 29th included a specific threat to "each U.S. state," designed to influence the outcome of the upcoming election against George W. Bush. The U.S. media in general mistranslated the words "ay wilaya" (which means "each U.S. state") [2] to mean a "country" or "nation" other than the U.S., while in fact the threat was directed specifically at each individual U.S. state. This suggests some knowledge by bin Laden of the U.S. electoral college system. In a section of his speech in which he harshly criticized George W. Bush, bin Laden stated: "Any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

I haven't seen a lot of coverage of this in the Mainstream U.S. press. Hopefully, it will be in the morning papers. I wonder, will Americans take the Spain approach and wimp out, or will they tell bin Laden that we won't listen to terrorists. We shall see.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Basically Bin Laden is threatening every1 thanx to G.W Bush.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Basically Bin Laden is threatening every1 thanx to G.W Bush.

What really sucks is that my state goes Republican for President of late and I can't really change that. I mean I'm going to be one vote to change that...but I can't change my state.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai
I haven't seen a lot of coverage of this in the Mainstream U.S. press.

Have you tried ATSNN? Or the gazillion other threads we have on this?

Hopefully, it will be in the morning papers.

Yes, hopefully. Maybe they just don't have the link yet.

new topics

top topics

join