$900 Million Says Euro Crashes In 2 Weeks: PUT Trade Rocks London Options Market

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Unsure if this is the correct forum,if not,Mods,please move it.
Been seeing this pop up on a few different sites.
I can recall similar put options placed of the airlines prior to 9/11,and they seemed to have been right.
This,as I understand,is basically gambling,but its ALOT of money to gamble with.
And the consequences to this being right are scary.
This would be the start of a global crisis.
Just thought i'd post this,as something to keeep on eye on.

$900 Million Says Euro Crashes In 2 Weeks: PUT Trade Rocks London Options Market

(Fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)-Someone has placed a GIGANTIC $900 million EURO PUT trade on the Euro to crash vs. the dollar within 2 weeks. Is this a ‘smart bet’ by someone who has seen the writing on the wall with the situation in Cyprus or does someone have inside knowledge that something big is about to happen? Beware! We have seen this before as shared in the videos below; in fact, it happened prior to September 11th, 2001, and we ALL saw what happened thereafter. This story is brought to us by Derivatives Intelligence.:

www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

ALERT: 900 Million Euro PUT, betting that the Euro will crash within 2 weeks, Rocks the FX Market

(Totalinvestorblogspot.com)-A EUR900 million trade rocked the London options markets this morning.
A EUR900 million trade rocked the London options markets this morning.

The two- week put on the euro against the U.S. dollar stood out as options trading in EUR/USD has been quiet this year due to the range-bound nature of spot, according to traders in London.

totalinvestor.blogspot.com...
edit on 23-3-2013 by Black_Fox because: correction

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
lol someone is making a lot more than 900 million with that bet...
for the players - wish I could join you, but I cant play with the pros...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Your second link is from August 29, 2007, and is not about the Euro.

edit on 3/23/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Corrected that,should have read it more closely,thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well the bid is from 21 march... So I wouldn't call it bogus just yet

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
From derivativesintelligence.com

www.derivativesintelligence.com...

Cant copy and paste the article from that site,visit link for info.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

The Euro Put/Call ratio does not show any significant changes after the close of business on Friday. I am cautiously optimistic this is a false report.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
I can recall similar put options placed of the airlines prior to 9/11,and they seemed to have been right.

myth

it was investigated and debunked

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Myth and debunked?
Okay,can you please provide evidence of this?

Considering this was aired
edit on 23-3-2013 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is from 2007...

moneymorning.com...…/

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This information appears to be out of date,which is my fault for not doing enough reading.
PLease lock or delete thread.
Apoolgies.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

No Apologies Needed. This bet fooled quite a few people and it went viral lately. So don't feel bad. I was quite confused by it for awhile.

I did learn a bit more about the legalized betting scheme of call and put options
edit on 23-3-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)
edit on 23-3-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

This would be the start of a global crisis.

If this were true, it would likely trigger one last round of QE in the states with a prime lending rate down around 2 percent, but since its been debunked...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If you have 900 million to put on a bet.
then he must have more to MAKE it happen.

if some one gave you ten million to make it happen,
would you do it? most would.

this stinks of evil corruption.
but thats the way this world is now.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

The options and futures markets are not completely controlled by individual investors or investment houses.
There are government control mechanisms all the way to the global G7 G20 groups.
Obviously the powers that be are not going to make this sort of gambling too easy to win at.

The Euro has been falling since the beginning of February from a high of 1.36 against the US dollar.
Its obviously broken trend to the downside which often creates margin calls due to gambling with borrowed money.

The other elephant in the room is the S&P triple top, here is a bear synopsis.

triple top elephant

Actually the Fed was smart not dropping interest rates too quickly, with the prime at 3.25 there is still room for more meaningful QE.

Japan dropped their interest rates to near zero but still remained in a deflationary economy for almost a decade.

negative Japanese CPI

Despite the past Quantitative easing banks in the US are still often requiring perfect credit to get a mortgage and American Express is turning down credit card applicants for people with Experian scores over 800!

The Federal Reserve has held off dropping interest rates for quite a while now so it would probably require a major market reversal to prompt such an action. Inflation in the US is still around 2% so we are not in the same spot Japan was with the negative CPI.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-3-2013 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Myth and debunked?
Okay,can you please provide evidence of this?

Considering this was aired
edit on 23-3-2013 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

yes, but you will just call it fake and part of the OS, so I won't waste my time. the whole industry was in trouble leading up to 9/11. there was also a put or short order on an airline that wasn't invloved, southwest I believe. there were only two suspicious orders, and they were traced to 2 separate individuals and investigated. no links to the jews or AQ or the CIA i'm afraid

the individual who made 95% of the put order on 9/6 also purchased 115,000 shares of american on 9/10.

debunked

like I said, you won't accept this, so don't bother replying
edit on 24-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The Euro didn't crash, and since that date it has been rising when compared to the Dollar.

What does that mean?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Loss of the fee associated with the instrument.

top topics

join