Forgot My Anniversary

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Howdy, ATS.

You read it right. I forgot my anniversary.

Before I go further, let me confirm that I am, indeed, female.

My mother-in-law called to wish us happy anniversary, and I was stunned. Had a whole year really gone by since the last one?

So why did I forget? Honestly....neither my husband or I do much with the typical celebrations. We do for our son, of course, but for ourselves? Meh.

Part of the problem is that we both have birthdays in February, then anniversary in March, all on the heels of Christmas. It gets too expensive to celebrate with gifts, although we do celebrate in other ways.

The only holiday that I ask for the typical hoopla is Mothers Day....and I love the stuff my son makes the best.

For the record, my husband and I have a great relationship and are very much in love. We just don't care to celebrate all the typical holidays.

Does anyone else out there do the same?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My wife and I are the same.. We sometimes forget. I've even forgotten my own birthday more than once!

We do celebrations for the kids but we don't really care that much. ETA: (about our own celebrations, that is. It's really fun to have a kid's bday party or big xmas..) We still get one another gifts but we're pretty low-key with everything. A quiet evening with dinner and a small gift, in my opinion, is more enjoyable than a big celebration.

We tend to get things for BOTH of us on days like Christmas, Birthdays, Anniversaries, VD (Valentine's Day).

Did your husband freak out and threaten to make you sleep on the couch? Was he all distant and passive aggressive? Or was he just like, "meh.. whatever?"

edit on 23-3-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Did your husband freak out and threaten to make you sleep on the couch? Was he all distant and passive aggressive? Or was he just like, "meh.. whatever?"
reply to post by TinkerHaus

He forgot too.

We do celebrate birthdays, kinda. We go out to eat or to a movie, but that's it.

We've even gone to the store, picked out greeting cards, shown each other the cards, and put them back on the shelf.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Well it seems like it's all ok, right?

Me and hubby both forgot our first year anniversary. We thought we had gotten married on a 19th so we were planning something for then, then we get a call from mother in law wishing us a happy anniversary on the 17th!
Hahaha
...we had a good laugh, and just went out to dinner.

We like celebrating our wedding anniversary ...this year it will be 9!!! We usually go to a hotel..we can't afford much, so we have never been on a trip for a celebration. Maybe one day...
So...
Happy Anniversary!!

Peace and love
-nat
edit on 23-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Don't feel bad smylee! I never can remember how many years I have been married and have to do some math when asked while hubby can pop it off the top of his head, along with the month, day and year. I know the month and day- but the year is foggy!

Hubby just said 21 years "old timer"!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Happy anniversary! I know well how easy it is to forget the one day!....Anyway heres a present for you both. A ferrari F430.......
........Sorry i couldn't afford a real one

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

My little bride starts reminding me about 2 months before.

I've never forgotten and she has never failed to remind me.

btw, Happy Anniversary!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Happy anniversary! I know well how easy it is to forget the one day!....Anyway heres a present for you both. A ferrari F430.......

Do they make them in yellow? I prefer yellow.

Thanks for the happy anniversary wish!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Good One

That is why my husband and I got married in 2000. So whatever year it is, we will know how many years we have been married

Once we get to the age when we do not know what year it is, I guess it really wont matter. But for the record, we celebrate, usually with a nice dinner and a movie. So far, knock on wood, lol....we have not forgotten.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by TheDoctor46

Do they make them in yellow? I prefer yellow.

Thanks for the happy anniversary wish!
Ferrari 458 italia.... In Yellow....Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

reply to post by TinkerHaus

He forgot too.

We do celebrate birthdays, kinda. We go out to eat or to a movie, but that's it.

We've even gone to the store, picked out greeting cards, shown each other the cards, and put them back on the shelf.

I LOVE THAT! Next time we will have to try that one for a great laugh, and save some $

top topics

join